PDA

View Full Version : Treadmaster

Ross Faneuf
12-09-2000, 12:18 PM
Do any of you have experience using Treadmaster anti-skid? I've been very impressed since seeing it on a British boat a few years ago, and am interested in using it on Ceol Mor. There are two kinds - the original diamond pattern and a smoother 'sports' pattern. Anyone know how they compare? How is it to work with and glue down (besides expensive!). Any input welcome.

Ross Faneuf
Do any of you have experience using Treadmaster anti-skid? I've been very impressed since seeing it on a British boat a few years ago, and am interested in using it on Ceol Mor. There are two kinds - the original diamond pattern and a smoother 'sports' pattern. Anyone know how they compare? How is it to work with and glue down (besides expensive!). Any input welcome.

Ross Faneuf

Ian McColgin
12-09-2000, 06:08 PM
I've been on decks with Treadmaster and, like Grana's deck, with that other stuff that's a 'sand' pattern available through Defender. Never put it on myself but both examples were set in epoxy and seem to have an endless life cycle.

G'luck

Ian McColgin
I've been on decks with Treadmaster and, like Grana's deck, with that other stuff that's a 'sand' pattern available through Defender. Never put it on myself but both examples were set in epoxy and seem to have an endless life cycle.

G'luck

Ian McColgin

G'luck

J. Dillon
12-10-2000, 05:50 PM
I've been shipmates with Treadmaster on one live aboard boat I had for almost 15 years of cruising. Great stuff. It was the diamond pattern blue in color. It sure was best grabbing for any foot wear but hard on the bare skin. I can remember many a sore knee while doing any maintenance requiring kneeling with pants or bare knee. You need knee pads. It also stains easily, like drop a piece of cheese on it or whatever you had a stain. In time most of it bleached out but not all. JD

J. Dillon
I've been shipmates with Treadmaster on one live aboard boat I had for almost 15 years of cruising. Great stuff. It was the diamond pattern blue in color. It sure was best grabbing for any foot wear but hard on the bare skin. I can remember many a sore knee while doing any maintenance requiring kneeling with pants or bare knee. You need knee pads. It also stains easily, like drop a piece of cheese on it or whatever you had a stain. In time most of it bleached out but not all. JD

J. Dillon

Ian McColgin
12-10-2000, 06:30 PM
We call those knee pads Lewinski's.

Ian McColgin

Ian McColgin

TomRobb
12-11-2000, 08:09 AM
Am I the only one who'll miss the big galloot? Clinton, I mean.
BTW, Classic Marine's latest news letter claims that is we don't get this election over with, the Queen will annul the Declaration of Independence and send Tony Blair over here to run the store. (But who'll babysit his kid?)

[This message has been edited by TomRobb (edited 12-11-2000).]

TomRobb
BTW, Classic Marine's latest news letter claims that is we don't get this election over with, the Queen will annul the Declaration of Independence and send Tony Blair over here to run the store. (But who'll babysit his kid?)

TomRobb

noquiklos
12-11-2000, 08:15 PM
Tom, you and me, both! I love the guy, and I fear if my lady ever meets him...
A real man, eh? And probably one of the two most intelligent and well educated presidents we've had in this century. I'll really miss him, as whichever one replaces him will be a pale shadow.
4 more years, and to he&& with the 22nd amendment!
Roy

noquiklos
A real man, eh? And probably one of the two most intelligent and well educated presidents we've had in this century. I'll really miss him, as whichever one replaces him will be a pale shadow.
Roy

noquiklos
Roy