PDA

View Full Version : At least he's consistent

Norman Bernstein
03-24-2015, 07:50 AM
He's a clown, but at least he's treating Cruz the same way he treated Obama: falsely.

Donald Trump told Fox News (http://www.myfoxny.com/clip/11264905/donald-trump) he doubts Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) can legally run for president because he was born in Canada.Said Trump: “It’s a hurdle; somebody could certainly look at it very seriously. He was born in Canada. If you know and when we all studied our history lessons, you are supposed to be born in this country, so I just don’t know how the courts will rule on this.”

The Hill (http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/236713-cruz-im-a-natural-born-american) reports Cruz said he is still a natural born citizen by birth because his mother was American.

RonW
03-24-2015, 08:10 AM
The Hill reports Cruz said he is still a natural born citizen by birth because his mother was American.

Yep so true........he is eligible and so is rubio, but why are you guys concerned about this small technicality at this time ?

Here let me clear this up for you. If you are born here or one of your parents is a citizens who has lived in the U.S. for a minimum of 10 years, then by birth you are a american citizen by just being born no matter where and therefore eligible to be president after you reach the age of 35......

Norman Bernstein
03-24-2015, 08:16 AM
Yep so true........he is eligible and so is rubio, but why are you guys concerned about this small technicality at this time ?

You just don't get it, do ya? We aren't 'concerned' at ALL.... we're laughing our heads off, because this was the same crap shoveled by the right wing at Obama! :)

RonW
03-24-2015, 08:20 AM
You just don't get it, do ya? We aren't 'concerned' at ALL.... we're laughing our heads off, because this was the same crap shoveled by the right wing at Obama! :)

Who ever said Obama was born in canada and his daddy fought in the cuban revolution ?

Norman Bernstein
03-24-2015, 08:21 AM
Who ever said Obama was born in canada and his daddy fought in the cuban revolution ?

Nobody.

Whoever said Obama was born in Kenya?

Answer: the nutcases and fruitcakes of the extreme right wing. You don't remember?

RonW
03-24-2015, 08:28 AM
Nobody.

Whoever said Obama was born in Kenya?

Answer: the nutcases and fruitcakes of the extreme right wing. You don't remember?

Well both sides have extremists, you can't hold that against the right wing movement because of the actions of a few. Hey your sides has them too, in fact pretty much most the left are extremists with crazy agendas, but hey it will all work out.
We need to focus on issues rather then trying to muddy the waters up over where someone was born and what their daddy did or didn't do.

Keith Wilson
03-24-2015, 08:38 AM
John McCain was born in Panama to American parents; no problem there. The only reason anyone brings this up is all the RWW nonsense (well, lies, actually) about Obama's birthplace.

RonW
03-24-2015, 08:46 AM
John McCain was born in Panama to American parents; no problem there. The only reason anyone brings this up is all the RWW nonsense (well, lies, actually) about Obama's birthplace.

You do know that it was Hillary who started the rumor on Mr. Obama's birth certificate when she thought she was going to lose, don't you.....

S.V. Airlie
03-24-2015, 08:54 AM
You do know that it was Hillary who started the rumor on Mr. Obama's birth certificate when she thought she was going to lose, don't you.....No proof, no comment required.

delecta
03-24-2015, 08:57 AM
No proof, no comment required.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/barackobama/8478044/Birther-row-began-with-Hillary-Clinton.html

Investigations for my new book, (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/barackobama/8478044/Birther-row-began-with-Hillary-Clinton.html)Wingnuts (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0984295119/thedaibea-20/ref=as_at?tag=thedailybeast-autotag-20&linkCode=as2&), revealed that the Birther conspiracy theory was first concocted by renegade members of the original Obama haters, Party Unity My Ass, known more commonly by their acronym, the PUMAs. They were a splinter group of hard-core Hillary Clinton supporters who did not want to give up the ghost after the bitter 50-state Bataan Death March to the 2008 Democratic nomination.
(http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/barackobama/8478044/Birther-row-began-with-Hillary-Clinton.html)
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2010/02/08/the-secret-history-of-the-birthers.html

Read it and weep defector. LOL

Ian McColgin
03-24-2015, 09:10 AM
Thank you delecta for showing that the start of the birther lies was not Hillary's doing but rather by renegade Clinton "supporters".

Keith Wilson
03-24-2015, 09:11 AM
OK, fair enough. OTOH, that nonsense was dropped by every Democrat alive after Obama was nominated. The Democrats are most definitely not the ones who have kept it alive for six years.

RonW
03-24-2015, 09:47 AM
Thank you delecta for showing that the start of the birther lies was not Hillary's doing but rather by renegade Clinton "supporters".

OK, fair enough. OTOH, that nonsense was dropped by every Democrat alive after Obama was nominated. The Democrats are most definitely not the ones who have kept it alive for six years.

But, but, but......I had to save these 2 posts, and it is funny, very funny that the righties have to tell the lefties, hey it was your side that started the birth certificate scandal, and in fact it goes right back to good ole Hillary. It ain't no wonder that Mr. Obama can't stand hillary and even had his right hand man (woman) vallerie jarrett leak out the deal about hillary's email scandal, wonder what they will leak next. Yep the hillary scandals this year ought to be entertaining to say the least...

Now what is that old saying, something like don't throw rocks if you live in a glass house, maybe hillary thought she was exempt.......

I do feel sorry that Mr. Obama had to put up with her for 4 years, I wonder how much credit hillary should take for Mr. Obama's failed presidency, a lot I would say.

Keith Wilson
03-24-2015, 09:57 AM
and in fact it goes right back to good ole Hillary.False. There is absolutely no evidence that Hillary had anything to do with it. Sure, Obama can't stand Hillary; that's why he picked her as Secretary of State and worked with her closely for four years. http://www.reduser.net/forum/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif Who has been repeating the lies about Obama not being born in the US for the last seven years?

RonW
03-24-2015, 10:05 AM
False. There is absolutely no evidence that Hillary had anything to do with it. Sure, Obama can't stand Hillary that's why he picked her as Secretary of State and worked with her closely for four years. http://www.reduser.net/forum/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif Who has been repeating the lies about Obama not being born in the US for the last seven years?

Wait, hold up, are you saying that even though the Left started the birth certificate ordeal, that once they dropped it, then it was the right who has continued along with this scandal for the last 6 years.. You guys must have done a pretty good sales job on that one..I can understand Mr. Obama's frustrations..It has been a black cloud over his presidency.

bobbys
03-24-2015, 10:06 AM
But, but, but......I had to save these 2 posts, and it is funny, very funny that the righties have to tell the lefties, hey it was your side that started the birth certificate scandal, and in fact it goes right back to good ole Hillary. It ain't no wonder that Mr. Obama can't stand hillary and even had his right hand man (woman) vallerie jarrett leak out the deal about hillary's email scandal, wonder what they will leak next. Yep the hillary scandals this year ought to be entertaining to say the least...

Now what is that old saying, something like don't throw rocks if you live in a glass house, maybe hillary thought she was exempt.......

I do feel sorry that Mr. Obama had to put up with her for 4 years, I wonder how much credit hillary should take for Mr. Obama's failed presidency, a lot I would say.

Yes HC's people started it, of course the worlds smartest woman had no idea and was completely blindsided..

LOL

Keith Wilson
03-24-2015, 10:17 AM
Your description is quite accurate . Some fairly desperate Clinton supporters made it up, but the lunatic fringe of the right (which seems like about half of them, lately) picked it up and ran with it for the past six years.

It has been a black cloud over his presidency.LOL!! :d Only to those who read Breitbart regularly. Everybody else thinks it's the defining characteristic of an unhinged RWW, in exactly the same class as alien abduction and chemtrails.

Dan McCosh
03-24-2015, 10:19 AM

Here let me clear this up for you. If you are born here or one of your parents is a citizens who has lived in the U.S. for a minimum of 10 years, then by birth you are a american citizen by just being born no matter where and therefore eligible to be president after you reach the age of 35...... So George Romney wasn't eligible??

Gerarddm
03-24-2015, 10:24 AM
Ask The Founders what they thought. A strict constitutional constructionist would find Cruz to be ineligible. But who cares, really?

What matters more is his father's whack job influence and ideas. As the electorate learns more, Cruz is going to become even more marginalized than he is now.

RonW
03-24-2015, 10:27 AM
So George Romney wasn't eligible??

Here, let;s do this one more time..........read the bold words and remember them..........

If you are born here or one of your parents is a citizens who has lived in the U.S. for a minimum of 10 years, then by birth you are a american citizen by just being born no matter where and therefore eligible to be president after you reach the age of 35......

John Smith
03-24-2015, 10:30 AM

Here let me clear this up for you. If you are born here or one of your parents is a citizens who has lived in the U.S. for a minimum of 10 years, then by birth you are a american citizen by just being born no matter where and therefore eligible to be president after you reach the age of 35......

I'm probably re-inventing the wheel, but under the same law that lets Cruz run, Obama was eligible even if he had been born out of the country.

It's the hypocrisy that is worth noting.

S.V. Airlie
03-24-2015, 10:32 AM
So George Romney wasn't eligible??
And you think you actually read the post Dan wrote? were your eyes closed as they normally are Ron? Maybe you DID read it and didn't understand it. Both good assumptions!

John Smith
03-24-2015, 10:36 AM

Please take off your blinders for a brief moment. I've received NO emails from anyone of the left telling me Obama was not eligible to run. I got dozens from the right. It is still the right who keeps this going.

And they are hypocrites http://www.mediaite.com/online/ted-cruz-supporter-offers-truly-bizarre-take-on-his-canadian-birth/

bobbys
03-24-2015, 10:51 AM
Your description is quite accurate . Some fairly desperate Clinton supporters made it up, but the lunatic fringe of the right (which seems like about half of them, lately) picked it up and ran with it for the past six years.

LOL!! :d Only to those who read Breitbart regularly. Everybody else thinks it's the defining characteristic of an unhinged RWW, in exactly the same class as alien abduction and chemtrails.

I dunno if I'm"right" enough but I said here a dozen times Obamas Mom made him A citizen.

TomF
03-24-2015, 11:08 AM
Based on responses here, can we reasonably assume that both L and R posters to this thread agree that Trump is an "extremist", to use the description above?

Maybe we should start a poll, and get it on record.

RonW
03-24-2015, 11:08 AM
I think I have noticed a pattern here form the left. They do something underhanded, not nice, sneaky, dirty, rotten and then they immediately point their little liberal fingers at the right and accuse the right of doing what they just did. And then the right spends all their time trying to tell everyone we didn't do that and the left just snickers when they are the ones who did the dirty deed all along...............gee what dirty politics, and it ain't no wonder Mr. Obama is pissed.......

Gerarddm
03-24-2015, 11:16 AM
In all fairness ( progressives can be that way, our sense of self worth is not damaged by the truth, unlike <cough, cough> some Others I could name ), I distinctly recall that during the first hoo-hah about Obama's supposed Kenyan birth, Hillary asserted that Obama was born in Hawaii "as far as I know". Keith Olbermann went absolutely ballistic on her for that verbal sleight of hand.

Trump as a candidate could be more amusing than Cruz, if that is even possible.

TomF
03-24-2015, 11:19 AM
Ron, is Trump an "extremist" because of his rather enormous championing of the "birther" cause - long after anyone on the L had dropped it?

"Yes" or "no" would do. Either answer doesn't rule out other folks as "extremists" too.

Norman Bernstein
03-24-2015, 11:21 AM
I think I have noticed a pattern here form the left. They do something underhanded, not nice, sneaky, dirty, rotten and then they immediately point their little liberal fingers at the right and accuse the right of doing what they just did.

Don't be absurd. Whether the Obama birth controversy was started by disaffected Hillary supporters or not, it wasn't THEY who made it into a huge national issue.... it was the right wing.

And then the right spends all their time trying to tell everyone we didn't do that....

Don't make me laugh. The right wing picked up that ball and ran with it, for all it was worth. Sorry, but history is NOT subject to revision.

S.V. Airlie
03-24-2015, 11:25 AM
Don't be absurd. Whether the Obama birth controversy was started by disaffected Hillary supporters or not, it wasn't THEY who made it into a huge national issue.... it was the right wing.

Don't make me laugh. The right wing picked up that ball and ran with it, for all it was worth. Sorry, but history is NOT subject to revision.Unless it's done by Ron!:)

RonW
03-24-2015, 11:25 AM
Ron, is Trump an "extremist" because of his rather enormous championing of the "birther" cause - long after anyone on the L had dropped it?

"Yes" or "no" would do. Either answer doesn't rule out other folks as "extremists" too.

Maybe you guys don't get much credible news up there, trump has never said one way or the other, as far as I know,but he did have people research the birth certificate itself that Obama presented, and it seems that there may be problems with it. He just seems like another concerned american to me, do you know different ?

He has mentioned that mexico is a big, very big financial problem for the U.S. I would expect to hear more of this doing the campaign cycle coming up..

RonW
03-24-2015, 11:27 AM

Don't make me laugh. The right wing picked up that ball and ran with it, for all it was worth. Sorry, but history is NOT subject to revision.

It now seems that not only Keith and Ian admits to the fact of who started this scandal, but Norman Bernstein also admits it was the left who committed the dirty deed.

Norman Bernstein
03-24-2015, 11:27 AM
Maybe you guys don't get much credible news up there, trump has never said one way or the other, as far as I know,but he did have people research the birth certificate itself that Obama presented, and it seems that there may be problems with it. .

He said that he had sent researchers to Hawaii and said 'you wouldn't believe what they've found...'

...but he never said what they found.

... and it seems that there may be problems with it.

You're STILL playing the birther card? :)

Norman Bernstein
03-24-2015, 11:28 AM
It now seems that not only Keith and Ian admits to the fact of who started this scandal, but Norman Bernstein also admits it was the left who committed the dirty deed.

I didn't admit a damn thing. I simply pointed out that the people who made this a big national issue were NOT whoever started it, but the right wing, who turned it into a farce.

S.V. Airlie
03-24-2015, 11:28 AM
Of course but, you said Hillary started the rumors. Why don't you read your OWN posts Ron!

RonW
03-24-2015, 11:30 AM
He said that he had sent researchers to Hawaii and said 'you wouldn't believe what they've found...'

...but he never said what they found.

You're STILL playing the birther card? :)

I think we are going to have to vote for him to see what is in his report.............It seems like I heard that before ??? Now where did I hear ........

S.V. Airlie
03-24-2015, 11:35 AM
Better vote for Cruz or one of his ilk to see if he'll drop a few bombs.

ljb5
03-24-2015, 11:35 AM
There isn't much evidence that the birther controversy came from Hillary.

She has never said anything to suggest that she believes it.

There is a long list of Republicans who have been promoting it.

It's pretty much exclusively Republicans.

RonW
03-24-2015, 12:09 PM
There isn't much evidence that the birther controversy came from Hillary.

It's pretty much exclusively Republicans.

You need to read post #10 and the links .........................oh yea, who was vice president doing the passage of the 16th amendment.......

S.V. Airlie
03-24-2015, 12:14 PM
Yup, a British paper first. Even stated that a HC support started the Rumor. As Ian states, it wasn't Hillary! And anyone should know that rabid supporters of any candidate will make up rumors of any kind to help own.