X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boater14
    Banned
    • Sep 2011

Jon Voight

Jon Voight says Obama doesn't love Israel. do I want my president to love Israel? Isn't giving them record foreign aid so they can subsidize religious schools and build "settlements" enough?
  • TomF
    Recalcitrant Heretic
    • Jun 2003

Re: Jon Voight

Why should he have to? Does a President have to love Sweden, or Uganda, or Sri Lanka too?
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Comment

• John of Phoenix
      • Jun 2001

Why should Jon Voight's opinion on ANYTHING matter?

Comment

• CWSmith
        New Hampshire
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by John of Phoenix
        His daughter sure doesn't think it should.
        "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Glen Longino
          • Jun 2008

Jon ought to keep his mouth shut unless he's reading a screenplay!

Comment

• Captain Intrepid
            • Oct 2008

And they—what I hear, you know, talking about our president. When I hear people saying quite unthinkable things about our president, when I see our president defaced, which is defacing our country. He's the leader of our country. He's the leader of the free world. It—my heart is very heavy.- John Voight
            I'll just take my chances with those salt water joys.

AR

Comment

• PeterSibley
              • Dec 2001

Originally posted by TomF
              Why should he have to? Does a President have to love Sweden, or Uganda, or Sri Lanka too?
              You beat me to it , the is such a long list of countries to love !
              '' You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know. ''
              Grateful Dead

Comment

• Flying Orca
                Ruth, feck, and gorm
                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by PeterSibley
                You beat me to it , the is such a long list of countries to love !
                Zimbabwe! North Korea! China! So many countries need love. And the caribou, you know, they rub up against those countries and... practice their love with them...

What are you doing about it?

Comment

• JimD
                  Senior Mumbler
                  • Feb 2002

I'd reckon some of the countries that have felt America's love would rather not be so special. Jon Voigt? Who cares?
                  Last edited by JimD; 03-17-2015, 09:14 AM.
                  There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

Comment

• TomF
                    Recalcitrant Heretic
                    • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Flying Orca
                    Zimbabwe! North Korea! China! So many countries need love. And the caribou, you know, they rub up against those countries and... practice their love with them...
                    Like Tina Fey, I can see caribou from my backyard. (well, moose at least)
                    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Comment

• Phillip Allen
                      • May 2002

a whole morning of bashing Jon Voight... you guys must be thrilled
                      The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.
                      Personal failures are too important to be trusted to others.

Comment

• JimD
                        Senior Mumbler
                        • Feb 2002

Originally posted by Phillip Allen
                        a whole morning of bashing Jon Voight...
                        Better than a whole morning of listening to him. That reminds me, anyone heard from Ted Nugent lately?
                        There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

Comment

• TomF
                          Recalcitrant Heretic
                          • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Phillip Allen
                          a whole morning of bashing Jon Voight... you guys must be thrilled
                          And how's your morning going?

Comment

• Gerarddm
                            #RESIST
                            • Feb 2010

Bash away but you can't take away the guy is a fine actor. Midnight Cowboy, Coming Home, Runaway Train, Heat.
                            Gerard>
                            Albuquerque, NM

Next election, vote against EVERY Republican, for EVERY office, at EVERY level. Be patriotic, save the country.

Comment

• Breakaway
                              • Mar 2007

It matters as much as mine, yours, or any other person's. But since he is a celebrity, his voice is louder and broadcast more widely. There is a responsibility that comes with fame, that some abuse.

On the other hand, the celebs are themselves citizens and should not be censored.

So what is the solution? I dunno.

Kevin
                              There are two kinds of boaters: those who have run aground, and those who lie about it.

Comment

Working...