PDA

View Full Version : ACA, the job killer

ccmanuals
02-22-2015, 05:17 PM
At least that's what republicans were telling us. Apparently, they were wrong. What a shock.

States that agreed to expand the eligibility requirements for their Medicaid programs under Obamacare are seeing “substantially faster growth” in job creation than states that have resisted that provision of the law, according to a new report.

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2015/02/20/3625237/medicaid-expansion-job-creation/

Tom Hunter
02-23-2015, 06:33 AM
The article talks about fast growth in healthcare job creation, it has nothing to say about over all job creation or job losses. It's not evidence for either side of the debate.

Paul Pless
02-23-2015, 06:38 AM
Apparently, they were wrong. republicans being wrong, imagine that. . .

RonW
02-23-2015, 08:41 AM
I was interested in the article till I saw it was from thinkprogess.org which is a radical left wing propaganda rag, in fact the same rag that falsified the colorado naacp office bombing, just a big hoax.

John Smith
02-23-2015, 10:22 AM
The article talks about fast growth in healthcare job creation, it has nothing to say about over all job creation or job losses. It's not evidence for either side of the debate.

Those jobs don't count?

John Smith
02-23-2015, 10:23 AM
I was interested in the article till I saw it was from thinkprogess.org which is a radical left wing propaganda rag, in fact the same rag that falsified the colorado naacp office bombing, just a big hoax.

Can you provide a list of facts Think Progress has gotten wrong over the years? I've found them to be pretty accurate, fact wise.

RonW
02-23-2015, 10:40 AM
Can you provide a list of facts Think Progress has gotten wrong over the years? I've found them to be pretty accurate, fact wise.

Post # 77........and I have no interest in spending my time to give you a list of over the years.......

http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?186642-Colorado-NAACP-office-bombed/page2

John Smith
02-23-2015, 10:48 AM
Post # 77........and I have no interest in spending my time to give you a list of over the years.......

http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?186642-Colorado-NAACP-office-bombed/page2

Gee, they pulled a Fox in that example. So far that's only ONE example. Was the story itself accurate?

John of Phoenix
02-23-2015, 10:50 AM
Right, stick with Breitbart.com to get lied to reliably.

ccmanuals
02-23-2015, 02:25 PM

Tom, sounds like you don't recall the narrative. Republicans were telling us that there would be huge job losses in the "healthcare industry" because doctors and nurses would leave their professions in droves. In fact they predicted,

Fire and brimstone coming down from the sky! Rivers and seas boiling!
Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes!
The dead rising from the grave!
Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!

Peter Malcolm Jardine
02-23-2015, 02:45 PM
Yep, a for profit health care system has sure served the American public well. Why change it?

(I've decided to agree with stupid people all day today)

John Smith
02-23-2015, 03:01 PM
Our employer based system is a job killer. The ACA "tweaked" it, but kept it.

I don't recall anyone here saying that ACA is what we NEED; only that it is better than what it replaced.

Meanwhile, it appears EVERYTHING the Republicans told us about the ACA, or predicted what it would lead to, was wrong. If they've said something that turned out to be correct, it's likely just the law of averages at work.