PDA

View Full Version : Seat Cushion Track

Pernicious Atavist
01-31-2004, 10:12 AM
Okay, this is a hard one to explain, so please bear with me.
I need to mount a seat cushion on my thistle that is both removable and can be stood upon while hiking. The cushion will cover the side benches.
I saw a seat component on a big p----r boat that consisted of a track, like a small sail track, that mounted along the meeting of the bench and wall - it fitted into the corner where the two met, and was pretty small in diameter - maybe the diameter of the plastic cover that goes over shrouds. A bolt rope sewn into the cushion slid into this "seat track," much like a sail would. The cushion could be slid sideways to install/remove, but wouldn't pull out of the track the "wrong" way. The front of the cushion snapped over the front of the bench.
So, any idea of where I can find this track? APS doesn't have it, neither does West Marine.
Thanks for your help! :cool:

Pernicious Atavist
I need to mount a seat cushion on my thistle that is both removable and can be stood upon while hiking. The cushion will cover the side benches.
I saw a seat component on a big p----r boat that consisted of a track, like a small sail track, that mounted along the meeting of the bench and wall - it fitted into the corner where the two met, and was pretty small in diameter - maybe the diameter of the plastic cover that goes over shrouds. A bolt rope sewn into the cushion slid into this "seat track," much like a sail would. The cushion could be slid sideways to install/remove, but wouldn't pull out of the track the "wrong" way. The front of the cushion snapped over the front of the bench.
So, any idea of where I can find this track? APS doesn't have it, neither does West Marine.

Pernicious Atavist

Mike Vogdes
01-31-2004, 10:25 AM
Try a boat canvas fabricator. The tract you are refering to is used all the time for mounting side curtains on aftdeck motor yachts, dodgers, mooring covers, ect.

Mike Vogdes
Try a boat canvas fabricator. The tract you are refering to is used all the time for mounting side curtains on aftdeck motor yachts, dodgers, mooring covers, ect.

Mike Vogdes

whb
01-31-2004, 11:50 AM
Ed,

Check out any old tent trailer that has been junked. It probably has a similar track along the roof where a tarp could be slid in. Both of ours did. I think some regular camper and trailers that didn't have retractable awnings also used this system.

Howard

whb
Ed,

Check out any old tent trailer that has been junked. It probably has a similar track along the roof where a tarp could be slid in. Both of ours did. I think some regular camper and trailers that didn't have retractable awnings also used this system.

Howard

whb
Ed,

Howard

JimConlin
01-31-2004, 12:41 PM
There's a heavy version used for multihull nets from www.multihullnets.com (http://www.multihullnets.com)

Probably overkill.

JimConlin
There's a heavy version used for multihull nets from www.multihullnets.com (http://www.multihullnets.com)

Probably overkill.

JimConlin

Probably overkill.