Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 4-shore
    • Jun 2003

White Oak supply Eastern Shore MD

What is my closest good wood source to the Eastern Shore MD, I soon will need some White Oak, 2 weeks.
  • Bill Dickinson
    • Jul 2002

Not sure who on the shore can help you but Bill West at Exotic Lumber in Annapolis can help. Not cheap but seems to do a good job. 410 267 0687.

If you find a better source, I'd appreciate hearing about it. Just getting ready to do my rubrails and will need about 80 lf myself.

Comment

• Emerson
      Old No. 626
      • Sep 1999

Second the vote for Exotic Lumber and Bill. Great guy. Not cheap, and all kiln dried in stock, but he's got most anything you could want in normal sizes. Larger sizes he'll try to find for you.

If you're really looking for larger timbers, I know a guy (me) who's got some angelique in big sizes that he might be willing to part with on Kent Island.
      Good luck,
      matt

Comment

• Seth Wood
        • Sep 2000

KD white oak can be tricky to find. Green white oak is plentiful, at least in Central VA. Let me know if you're willing to drive and I can recommend a few places.

[ 06-09-2003, 05:05 PM: Message edited by: Seth Wood ]

Comment

• Stargazer14
          • Sep 2001

i get my white oak from a guy on Rt. 52, about 5 miles north of Wilmington DE.
          Heyneker Woodworking , 610/388-1772

has lots of wood of various sizes and will cut and plane it right there if you need it.

Comment

• 4-shore
            • Jun 2003

Thank you for all the replies. I just hauled her today, and it will soon be time to purchase wood.

Comment

Working...