PDA

View Full Version : Hope Solo suspended for riding in the car with her husband!

bamamick
01-22-2015, 08:11 AM
I thought that was rather unusual, until I read the Wiki bio for Jarramy Stevens. This dude has been arrested for rape (charges dropped), four times for DUI, for marijuana usage while driving a vehicle, public disturbance, and on and on. So yeah, I can see where getting into the car with him driving drunk and then arguing with an officer afterwards would be seen as a lack of good judgement, but it's not something you see every day.

Mickey Lake

Ian McColgin
01-22-2015, 08:30 AM
She wasn't charged with anything and mainly ticked off the officers by recording things on her cell phone. "Stand by your man" should not be an offence and besides, with her history, everyone's lucky she didn't start swinging. Shows restraint, comparitivly.

Tom Montgomery
01-22-2015, 08:48 AM
I opened this thread expecting it to be about Hope Solo violating a restraining order by riding in a car with her husband.

The woman has issues.

Rich Jones
01-22-2015, 08:50 AM
I read that she was also drunk. That in conjunction with recent domestic violence accusations against her involving her family, it's no wonder she was suspended. Cool down, girl!

S.V. Airlie
01-22-2015, 09:36 AM
Sorry I don't have a clue. Is she related to the Kardashians or what?

Paul Pless
01-22-2015, 09:38 AM
Is she related to the Kardashians or what?

No.

https://friedchickenandmetal.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/hope-solo-sexy.jpg

S.V. Airlie
01-22-2015, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the hint. That helps!:)

Katherine
01-22-2015, 09:55 AM
The song "Stupid Girl" keeps running through my head.

JimD
01-22-2015, 10:04 AM
I don't think she ever got over her disappointing showing on Dancing With The Stars, poor girl

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/pc/Hope+Solo+Scenes+Dancing+Stars+HcKzVzGZGJ4l.jpg

Flying Orca
01-22-2015, 10:08 AM
I will never understand this American fascination with the personal lives of those who play games like football, basketball, baseball, and soccer for a living.

I mean, it's not like they do something important, like play hockey. :D

S.V. Airlie
01-22-2015, 10:11 AM
I will never understand this American fascination with the personal lives of those who play games like football, basketball, baseball, and soccer for a living.

I mean, it's not like they do something important, like play hockey. :DI have NO IDEA! Entertainment maybe?

JimD
01-22-2015, 10:17 AM
I will never understand this American fascination with the personal lives of those who play games like football, basketball, baseball, and soccer for a living...
I think we should pay more attention to their personal lives. Who knows how many Michael Vicks or Ray Rice's there are out there, torturing animals and assaulting their partners. We should know these things before we are so quick to idolize them.

Flying Orca
01-22-2015, 10:18 AM
All kidding about the relative importance of various sports aside, I do think the whole celebrity thing is utterly ridiculous. The only time I want to know about a person's personal life is if they are a friend of mine, or if I'm interested in finding out how their personal life influenced their art - and the latter is limited to a very small number of musicians and writers.

Flying Orca
01-22-2015, 10:20 AM
We should know these things before we are so quick to idolize them.

Well, I think idolizing professional athletes is pretty dumb, too.

JimD
01-22-2015, 10:40 AM
Well, I think idolizing professional athletes is pretty dumb, too.
Me, too. But it happens a lot all over the world and athletes end up on pedestals when they belong in jail cells. But I like sports and watch for the entertainment, very much the way I'll watch Hollywood movies. I appreciate what they do without idolizing. When I was a youth I idolized. Seems we were encouraged to.

S.V. Airlie
01-22-2015, 10:40 AM
I think we should pay more attention to their personal lives. Who knows how many Michael Vicks or Ray Rice's there are out there, torturing animals and assaulting their partners. We should know these things before we are so quick to idolize them.And I bet people still do.

bamamick
01-22-2015, 01:55 PM
Jamie, she is and has been the US Women's National Soccer team's keeper for some time, and has more appearances on the national team than anyone else in history. She has always been a bit of an attention-seeker, being pretty easy on the eyes anyway, but she also has a history of showing a temper, making a big noise when another young lady was chosen over her for a World Cup a few years ago, then being arrested for domestic violence not too long ago (charges which were dropped).

She and her husband sound like a bit of an explosive mixture. But honestly, I just thought it very odd that she was suspended for what was termed poor judgement in this case. Given Mr. Stevens record I'd think she showed that some time ago.

Mickey Lake

S.V. Airlie
01-22-2015, 02:28 PM
Mickey; Paul's picture helped to connect the dots. Otherwise Hans Solo would have been my first thought.:)

Nanoose
01-23-2015, 01:52 AM
The report I read said he was DUI in the team van. That was the issue.

Katherine
01-23-2015, 09:01 AM
The report I read said he was DUI in the team van. That was the issue.See my earlier post.

TomF
01-23-2015, 10:27 AM
Here I've spent the thread trying to figure out if Hope Solo is somehow related to Han Solo.