PDA

View Full Version : Foundry

Paul
10-23-2000, 08:49 AM
Can anyone tell me if they know of a foundry within a couple of hours drive from Raleigh, NC that would take on pouring a 600# lead keel. I will supply the mold. Any leads are welcome.

Paul
Can anyone tell me if they know of a foundry within a couple of hours drive from Raleigh, NC that would take on pouring a 600# lead keel. I will supply the mold. Any leads are welcome.

Paul

Bob Cleek
10-24-2000, 12:10 AM
That's less than a cubic foot of lead... like maybe the size of three shoeboxes... just about any foundry in the yellow pages ought to be able to do that... OR you could do it on a propane burner and a big old iron dutch oven in the back yard... Lots in here lately about casting lead.. the stuff melts at a fairly low temperature and is easily worked. 600# isn't a lot... really.

Bob Cleek
That's less than a cubic foot of lead... like maybe the size of three shoeboxes... just about any foundry in the yellow pages ought to be able to do that... OR you could do it on a propane burner and a big old iron dutch oven in the back yard... Lots in here lately about casting lead.. the stuff melts at a fairly low temperature and is easily worked. 600# isn't a lot... really.

Bob Cleek