PDA

View Full Version : Bilge Cleaner

Don W
08-24-2003, 09:22 PM
I thought I read somewhere that el cheapo laundry detergent works as a fine bilge cleaner. Does anyone have any experience with this or have I been sniffing too much epoxy tongue.gif ?

Don W
I thought I read somewhere that el cheapo laundry detergent works as a fine bilge cleaner. Does anyone have any experience with this or have I been sniffing too much epoxy tongue.gif ?

Don W

Peter Malcolm Jardine
08-25-2003, 02:27 AM
I tried it, and it has limited success... altho it has grease cutting ability, it really needs to be sloshed and scrubbed around before exiting. I find spray nine to be really good, but I had a very VERY dirty bilge when I got the boat, so we scrubbed by hand, and sucked it out with a wet/dry vac.

Peter Malcolm Jardine
I tried it, and it has limited success... altho it has grease cutting ability, it really needs to be sloshed and scrubbed around before exiting. I find spray nine to be really good, but I had a very VERY dirty bilge when I got the boat, so we scrubbed by hand, and sucked it out with a wet/dry vac.

Peter Malcolm Jardine