PDA

View Full Version : Gun Store Owner Responding to Alarm Encounters Thieves – 1 Dead, 1 Wounded

BrianW
01-01-2015, 09:16 PM
19-year-old Latorious Walker and 17-year-old Lamar Brooks struck a Louisiana gun store twice in the same day. The armed store owner put an end to their criminal careers.

The store owner filed a report with police after responding to a tripped alarm at his store and discovering several guns missing. Two hours later, the same alarm was tripped.

Police say the teen robbers and the owner had a confrontation at the store as he responded to the alarm.

“The two suspects were in a vehicle and they actually drove the vehicle at him, attempting to hit him. They hit the building and also struck him.” said Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s office PIO Capt. Craig Stansbury.

http://Contro.gunssavelivesnet.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Robbers1.jpg (http://Contro.gunssavelivesnet.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Robbers1.jpg)
The owner told police he saw the driver pointing a gun at him. He pulled his gun and fired multiple rounds into the car – striking both assailants.

“We ended up finding the vehicle, I believe, on Linden-Louis road which is not far from the scene. Upon our arrival there we found the driver in the vehicle. He was deceased and had several gunshot wounds. The passenger was also there with one gunshot wound.” said Stansbury.

Police recovered all of the firearms stolen between the two robberies and took Brooks, the surviving suspect, into custody on multiples charges.

Earlier this month, a pair of criminals tried to rob a gun store in Arkansas with similar results (http://controversialtimes.com/issues/constitutional-rights/gunfight-as-dumb-criminals-assume-gun-store-owner-is-unarmed-video/).

Read more: http://controversialtimes.com/issues/constitutional-rights/gun-store-owner-responding-to-alarm-encounters-thieves-1-dead-1-wounded-video/#ixzz3NctZxr5e

Phillip Allen
01-01-2015, 09:19 PM
another irresponsible gun store owner...

Ian McColgin
01-01-2015, 09:23 PM
Nah. The gun fancy love stories of store clerks and little old ladies slaying bad guys because single incidents outweigh, for them, the mass of US gun deaths.

Steve McMahon
01-01-2015, 09:26 PM
Vigilante justice at work. Judge, Jury, and Executioner all wrapped up into one. I guess it saves taxpayers money.

hanleyclifford
01-01-2015, 09:27 PM
Another beautiful career cut short...

Phillip Allen
01-01-2015, 09:28 PM
Another beautiful career cut short...

these guys are truly pitiful, ain't they? :)

Steve McMahon
01-01-2015, 09:30 PM
I'm assuming that the store owner won't be charged with murder?

Phillip Allen
01-01-2015, 09:32 PM
I'm assuming that the store owner won't be charged with murder?

what's the matter with you... do you think this is Canada or the UK or Massachusetts?

Phillip Allen
01-01-2015, 09:33 PM
Great turkey call, Brian! Did you get it for Christmas?

:) .

hanleyclifford
01-01-2015, 09:34 PM
these guys are truly pitiful, ain't they? :) The surviving creep will probably get Obamacare, and then free lawyers to sue the fascist gun slinging racist white store owner.

Steve McMahon
01-01-2015, 09:35 PM
what's the matter with you... do you think this is Canada or the UK or Massachusetts?

I can't help it, I'm a Canadian. :d

Phillip Allen
01-01-2015, 09:37 PM
I can't help it, I'm a Canadian. :d

then, I am sorry for your affliction... you have my condolences.

hanleyclifford
01-01-2015, 09:37 PM
Great turkey call, Brian! Did you get it for Christmas?https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZYr6i9OPvXaFTerojz7q02eibmzeKW AV97HFh0z-imT-d-8o5

Phillip Allen
01-01-2015, 09:38 PM
The surviving creep will probably get Obamacare, and then free lawyers to sue the fascist gun slinging racist white store owner.

that's right! by the bilge lefties measure, this is a hate crime against black people

Phillip Allen
01-01-2015, 09:39 PM
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZYr6i9OPvXaFTerojz7q02eibmzeKW AV97HFh0z-imT-d-8o5

wings on backward again :)

hanleyclifford
01-01-2015, 09:39 PM
wings on backward again :) Verdamnt!

Steve McMahon
01-01-2015, 10:12 PM
that's right! by the bilge lefties measure, this is a hate crime against black people

Seriously? I believe that the race of the victims was mentioned twice so far, and by members that are not known as left leaning, you being one of them. I guess you are assuming the killer was not also a person of color.

I am amazed that an act that would be considered second degree murder plus a count of attempted murder for the survivor where I live is considered heroic and normal in a place not that far away. For what, a couple of thousand bucks worth of guns?

WszystekPoTrochu
01-01-2015, 10:48 PM
For what, a couple of thousand bucks worth of guns?

I'd say for self-defense reasons, as the thieves reportedly attempted driving through the store owner

MiddleAgesMan
01-01-2015, 10:54 PM
This leftie is sorry the store owner failed to eliminate the surviving perp. I don't care who's pink or white or black.

The Bigfella
01-01-2015, 10:59 PM
So, we celebrate gun violence now, eh?

mikefrommontana
01-01-2015, 11:08 PM
Kill (shoot at car) or be killed (run over, with car as a weapon). No doubt one can over think this, inject racial issues (if any of the three were of another race), or just whine about guns. This is cut and dried and a case where a weapon was properly used in circumstances that required it.

'nuff said.

The Bigfella
01-01-2015, 11:11 PM
The proper use of a weapon would be the police responding to the alarm

Gerarddm
01-01-2015, 11:22 PM
Well, sure, Bigfella, but since they didn't, from the bare facts of the story it seems the store owner acted in self defense.

Steve McMahon
01-01-2015, 11:26 PM
I'd say for self-defense reasons, as the thieves reportedly attempted driving through the store owner

We are a bit backwards thinking up here. Store owners aren't typically alerted by their alarms so they can respond with guns blazing. Most store owners shell out a few bucks a month for an alarm monitoring service. When the alarm is tripped the alarm service rings up the police and they check it out. That being said, most thieves up here are not armed because hunting rifles are too cumbersome to stick in their back pockets, and the penalties for being armed in the commission of a crime are exponentially higher than for a simple B&E.

slug
01-01-2015, 11:44 PM
Self defense ? No way. The redneck responded to an alarm with a gun, not a fire extinguisher. If the redneck had blasted and killed the intruder with a fire extinguisher, then it would be self defense.

He was hunting for trouble. His fantasy came true....he scored a kill.

Steve McMahon
01-01-2015, 11:56 PM
There's another one!

Do you have an opinion on the subject Donn, or do you just want want to sit on the side lines shouting cat calls to those of us who enjoy having a rational discussion on the issue ?

mikefrommontana
01-01-2015, 11:57 PM
No, I'll stand with the guy. We had a winner of a local who, following his garage getting burgled, left his garage open with motion detectors and "bait" (pot and a purse). When two teenagers "cruising" went in the garage, he went out and without warning or opportunity of surrender, shot four shotgun rounds into the dark, killing a German foreign exchange student.

Guy claimed Castle Doctrine, but nobody bought it, including the jury--he's awaiting sentencing for deliberate homicide.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/dec/18/deliberations-resume-in-exchange-student-killing/

Steve McMahon
01-02-2015, 12:15 AM
I don't consider your discussion "rational." Sorry.

No need to apologize. I respect your right to not express your opinion. A smart strategy, no threat of having to eat your words later.

I take a different tact myself - I wash my feet often because I know every once in a while I'm going to end up putting one of them in my mouth. :D

WszystekPoTrochu
01-02-2015, 12:25 AM
You're a newbie, but you've been here long enough to know my opinion on matters like this. I will let you know if it changes. Until that happens, I feel no need to restate it.

Just curious - how many thousands of posts one needs to stop being a newbie? ;)

skuthorp
01-02-2015, 12:27 AM
There's a kind of inevitability about this affair, gun store, robbed twice in quick succession, car as weapon, many guns at hand. The thieves got away with it once but couldn't leave it at that. Stupid. The gun store owner did what he'd been prepared for.

Steve McMahon
01-02-2015, 12:34 AM
Just curious - how many thousands of posts one needs to stop being a newbie? ;)

Good question. In post counts I pale, but I've been here since the late 90's but in Donn's mind I'm still a newbie? (I also have every issue of WoodenBoat magazine and have built and / or owned 10 wooden boats so far, about to start construction of number 11.)

Steve McMahon
01-02-2015, 12:35 AM
It isn't post count, it's time in. :d

Then I've got you beat my friend.

John Smith
01-02-2015, 05:51 AM
So, we celebrate gun violence now, eh?

No. We don't celebrate gun violence, and we don't celebrate robbery. I once came outside on my way to work and caught a guy in the process of stealing my car. When I caught him, he simply walked away. I had to go back in and call the police. They wouldn't believe he was a white guy. If I'd had a gun, I'm not sure whether I'd have used it or not. It would certainly have been tempting; maybe shoot at his legs so he'd still be there when the cops arrived.

skuthorp
01-02-2015, 05:59 AM
I caught someone trying to steal mine once. I had just dropped in to see a friend on the way to an extended bushwalk and had my steel capped hiking boots on. His coccyx will never be the same. I just left him lying on the road and drove off. Probably about 1970.

Phillip Allen
01-02-2015, 06:02 AM
No. We don't celebrate gun violence, and we don't celebrate robbery. I once came outside on my way to work and caught a guy in the process of stealing my car. When I caught him, he simply walked away. I had to go back in and call the police. They wouldn't believe he was a white guy. If I'd had a gun, I'm not sure whether I'd have used it or not. It would certainly have been tempting; maybe shoot at his legs so he'd still be there when the cops arrived.

trouble is that just shooting at legs and (as exampled by the radicals right here) you would become their definition of the perp, Just yesterday one of our Canadians thought that the robbery suspect who was being attempted to be killed should be jailed for defending himself. the only thing that explains that to me is that he was protecting his (imagined) collective turf against someone who would not bow to authority

you'll have less trouble if you either beat he double hockey sticks out of him or kill him outright... everything one does to protect himself is dangerous... you might get your house bulldozed, for instance

John Smith
01-02-2015, 06:06 AM
With today's technology, it would be possible to snap his picture and call police on my cell. Of course it might turn out he is armed and I'd get shot.

Phillip Allen
01-02-2015, 06:08 AM
With today's technology, it would be possible to snap his picture and call police on my cell. Of course it might turn out he is armed and I'd get shot.

all of that takes presents of mind... we mostly are taken by surprise in those circumstances... it also assumes that the justice system cares to spend the money to catch the thief

slug
01-02-2015, 06:10 AM

Hmm...america has always celebrated violence, just turn on the TV. As a mater of fact America has one off the highest "celebratory gunfire " death rates in the world .

YeeeHawww !

http://s24.postimg.org/88k07lij9/image.jpg (http://postimage.org/)
subir foto (http://postimage.org/index.php?lang=spanish)

SACRAMENTO COUNTY (CBS13) — A woman was shot and critically injured by celebratory New Year’s Eve gunfire from her boyfriend, the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department said on Thursday.

"Tampa, Florida -- Tampa Police say a woman attending New Year's festivities at Busch Gardens was hit by a falling bullet shortly before midnight."

" Atlanta , Georgia...A woman is recovering after she was shot in a possible celebratory gunfire incident in Atlanta.

"It was devastating. I had to watch her bleed and holler and I just wanted her to pull through it," said Tavares Dunn, the son of, Vivian Mayo. "

Phillip Allen
01-02-2015, 06:15 AM
Hmm...america has always celebrated violence, just turn on the TV. As a mater of fact America has one off the highest "celebratory gunfire " death rates in the world .

YeeeHawww !

http://s24.postimg.org/88k07lij9/image.jpg (http://postimage.org/)
subir foto (http://postimage.org/index.php?lang=spanish)

SACRAMENTO COUNTY (CBS13) — A woman was shot and critically injured by celebratory New Year’s Eve gunfire from her boyfriend, the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department said on Thursday.

"Tampa, Florida -- Tampa Police say a woman attending New Year's festivities at Busch Gardens was hit by a falling bullet shortly before midnight."

" Atlanta , Georgia...A woman is recovering after she was shot in a possible celebratory gunfire incident in Atlanta.

"It was devastating. I had to watch her bleed and holler and I just wanted her to pull through it," said Tavares Dunn, the son of, Vivian Mayo. "

I saw where people in the poor villages in Israel had their homes razed with bulldozers... and I suspect you would have stood by and not even complained

Bob Adams
01-02-2015, 08:02 AM
I would hope you would not do that. Shooting someone needs to be in defense only, not property protection.

Garret
01-02-2015, 09:13 AM
Good question. In post counts I pale, but I've been here since the late 90's but in Donn's mind I'm still a newbie? (I also have every issue of WoodenBoat magazine and have built and / or owned 10 wooden boats so far, about to start construction of number 11.)

Yeah - but you're Canadian!

[ducks & runs]

S.V. Airlie
01-02-2015, 09:56 AM
then, I am sorry for your affliction... you have my condolences.I'm sure Steve is more than happy not living in Arkie state!

S.V. Airlie
01-02-2015, 10:02 AM
The proper use of a weapon would be the police responding to the alarmWhile the shop owner stands st8ill so the idiots robbing him can try to run him over. Moving car from a stopped position to impact, 3 min. Cops showing up to the site, 5 to 10 min. min.

Phillip Allen
01-02-2015, 01:36 PM
While the shop owner stands st8ill so the idiots robbing him can try to run him over. Moving car from a stopped position to impact, 3 min. Cops showing up to the site, 5 to 10 min. min.

if it was a cop car, he would have to stand still or be charged with (and shot for) resisting arrest :)

S.V. Airlie
01-02-2015, 02:03 PM
if it was a cop car, he would have to stand still or be charged with (and shot for) resisting arrest :)But it wasn't was it? You would love it if it had been.

Steve McMahon
01-02-2015, 02:22 PM
Nah. I've been here since the late 90's, too. A little before you. :d

I plead memory loss.
Have you been "Cleeked" as many times as I have? :p

hokiefan
01-02-2015, 02:31 PM
I plead memory loss.
Have you been "Cleeked" as many times as I have? :p

He's had several names along the way, Donn's been here since I started lurking in 97 or 98.

Cheers,

Bobby

Steve McMahon
01-02-2015, 02:36 PM
I'm immune to Cleek.

Immune or in tune? You and he remind me of those two guys in the balcony on the Muppet show. :D
(That is not intended as an insult, those Muppet dudes are cool.)

JimD
01-02-2015, 03:21 PM
It always seems a shame to see young people pursuing lives of crime.