PDA

View Full Version : Grim news for Grimm

Norman Bernstein
12-22-2014, 03:50 PM
Remember this clown? The rep from Staten Island who threatened to throw a reporter off a balcony in the Capitol building? The one who was under a 20 count indictment during the election? The guy who won the election... but probably because his opponent was a blithering idiot?

Well, he's pleading guilty to tax evasion.

Yup... nice, respectable, moral, and upright legislator...

NOT.

Rep. Michael Grimm (R-NY) will plead guilty to a felony charge of cheating on his taxes before entering Congress, the New York Daily News (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/grimm-plead-guilty-felony-count-tax-evasion-article-1.2053630) has learned.

“Grimm said during the campaign that he would step down from his seat if he was ‘unable to serve.’ But he is expected to maintain he can continue to serve despite pleading guilty to one tax evasion count… If would then be up to House Republican leaders to decide whether to force him to resign.”

Rich Jones
12-22-2014, 05:22 PM
He's a stain on the House. If he had any class, or ethics, he'd resign immediately. But he doesn't and neither does the Republican leadership. So, my prediction is that he stays.

seanz
12-22-2014, 05:56 PM
Norm!

:D

skuthorp
12-22-2014, 06:26 PM
I suppose compared to supporting, even initiating torture it's a trifling matter……………...

Norman Bernstein
12-22-2014, 06:28 PM
Well, I have to admit, I'm conflicted. Grimm is a felon, for sure.... but his opponent in the election was truly a blithering idiot. I'm not completely sure that there could have been a good outcome :)

skuthorp
12-22-2014, 06:38 PM
Sounds a bit like the choices we had for national leader (PM) here last fed election. One political traitor with a grand sense of his own importance, and one rather unpleasant big time liar.

Norman Bernstein
12-22-2014, 06:39 PM
Sounds a bit like the choices we had for national leader (PM) here last fed election. One political traitor with a grand sense of his own importance, and one rather unpleasant big time liar.

Well, I think it's clear that when searching for men of impeccable integrity.... you DON'T normally look to politicians :)

S.V. Airlie
12-22-2014, 07:04 PM
Remember this clown? The rep from Staten Island who threatened to throw a reporter off a balcony in the Capitol building? The one who was under a 20 count indictment during the election? The guy who won the election... but probably because his opponent was a blithering idiot?

Well, he's pleading guilty to tax evasion.

Yup... nice, respectable, moral, and upright legislator...

NOT.He's taking lessons from the dems in NY's legislature. Not surprised!:)