PDA

View Full Version : Co9mputer "fix it" fly by nights!

S.V. Airlie
12-20-2014, 02:20 PM
You'd think this would be easy, wifi won't let the printer print somethi8ng from the computer.

Call a few HP? techs.

Oh they say, we will fix it! No problem! Find errors on the putter! Oh, don't worry we will fix it! Oh before we begin, you have to shell out $100.00, $200.00, $300.00 etc.I've gone through this many times; spent money "TO fix it, no problem" Well, usually ARE MORE PROBLEMS!!!

Why is it, everyone is from India and hard to understand?
Why when you try to contact HP, you don't get someone from HP?
Why doesn't HP give a phone number to contact them?
Why are the "fly by nights" so persistent and continue to call me even after telling the guy to take a leap?
I'm getting miffed!!!

mikefrommontana
12-20-2014, 06:27 PM
I can't understand why manufacturers can't leave a hard wired network option open. Not everyone loves doing network fiddly fiddly. Granted, when it works, it's great. That said, if the connections are there and you're not running multiple devices Jamie--I'd just get an appropriate cable and plug it in.

elf
12-20-2014, 08:35 PM
You could get more useful advice from the Bilge, you know.

Nicholas Scheuer
12-20-2014, 10:07 PM
My life is much simpler. I learned a long time ago to not deal with those &&$(!!##&@@@ "offshore" people. We've got a nice guy who works IT in a local hospital who comes in after work to straighten out our computer for $30/hr. Our dog likes him, too.