PDA

View Full Version : Falling in love, again

Norm Harris
07-26-2003, 12:25 AM
I spent the day scraping old paint and bedding compound from my caprail and the rubrail on which it sits.

I used heat and expletives on the paint. There must have been ten coats that built up over the years.

Then I used the Fein Multitool with the scraper blade that came with the kit to reeve out the old seam compound, and a job that I thought would take a full day took 2 hours. Like I said, I'm in love with that tool all over again.

Then, of course, I used the Fein with the sanding head and 150 grit paper to smooth out all the work, and had the whole job done in a single day.

Love it, love it, love it.

edited for spelling, speling, spelleng

[ 07-26-2003, 01:26 AM: Message edited by: Norm Harris ]

Norm Harris
I spent the day scraping old paint and bedding compound from my caprail and the rubrail on which it sits.

I used heat and expletives on the paint. There must have been ten coats that built up over the years.

Then I used the Fein Multitool with the scraper blade that came with the kit to reeve out the old seam compound, and a job that I thought would take a full day took 2 hours. Like I said, I'm in love with that tool all over again.

Then, of course, I used the Fein with the sanding head and 150 grit paper to smooth out all the work, and had the whole job done in a single day.

Norm Harris

Scott Rosen
07-28-2003, 11:15 AM
I'm in the process of painting 4 (count 'em, 4) louvered doors for our home remodelling. Guess what power tool I'll be using for sanding the louvers?

When I removed the old casement trim around the doors, I used the standard size sanding head to square and clean the faces of the door frames.

Scott Rosen
I'm in the process of painting 4 (count 'em, 4) louvered doors for our home remodelling. Guess what power tool I'll be using for sanding the louvers?

When I removed the old casement trim around the doors, I used the standard size sanding head to square and clean the faces of the door frames.

Scott Rosen