PDA

View Full Version : Woodworkers warehouse going out of business.

Mrleft8
12-12-2003, 07:40 AM
They're closing up shop for good. 10% off most stuff right now, some stuff up to 40% off. I bet that percentage will go up as stock dwindles, and the time draws near....

Mrleft8
They're closing up shop for good. 10% off most stuff right now, some stuff up to 40% off. I bet that percentage will go up as stock dwindles, and the time draws near....

Mrleft8

nedL
12-12-2003, 08:06 AM
thanks Doug. Gotta check their catalog now. :D

nedL

nedL

imported_Steven Bauer
12-12-2003, 08:16 AM
The whole chain? Or just some individual stores?
This is bad news. They are the only game in town here. Bummer.

Steven

imported_Steven Bauer

Steven

imported_Steven Bauer

Steven

Donn
12-12-2003, 08:19 AM
LATEST NEWS
3:15 PM EST Tuesday
Woodworkers Warehouse closing stores
A Massachusetts company that offers woodworking tools and accessories and has several local stores, is going out of business.

Woodworkers Warehouse Inc., which operates about 99 stores nationally, filed for bankruptcy last week, and on Dec. 5 began a court-ordered liquidation sale, according to state Attorney General Eliot Spitzor's office.

The company, which is based in Lynn, Mass., has 24 stores in New York, including locations in Latham, Johnstown, and Queensbury.

Following input from the attorneys general of New York, New Hampshire, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, the federal bankruptcy court for Delaware has ordered that outstanding gift certificates and credit slips amounting to $680,000 be honored throughout the bankruptcy proceedings, according to Spitzer.

The liquidation sale will continue through Jan. 31, 2004, according to the attorney general's office.

2003 American City Business Journals Inc.

Donn
LATEST NEWS
A Massachusetts company that offers woodworking tools and accessories and has several local stores, is going out of business.

Woodworkers Warehouse Inc., which operates about 99 stores nationally, filed for bankruptcy last week, and on Dec. 5 began a court-ordered liquidation sale, according to state Attorney General Eliot Spitzor's office.

The company, which is based in Lynn, Mass., has 24 stores in New York, including locations in Latham, Johnstown, and Queensbury.

Following input from the attorneys general of New York, New Hampshire, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, the federal bankruptcy court for Delaware has ordered that outstanding gift certificates and credit slips amounting to $680,000 be honored throughout the bankruptcy proceedings, according to Spitzer.

The liquidation sale will continue through Jan. 31, 2004, according to the attorney general's office.

Donn
LATEST NEWS

capt jake
12-12-2003, 10:30 AM
Though I haven't seen them in the Seattle area, I checked their webpage to double check. It is down and not working.

Do they, or did they have a location near here??

Thanks,
Jake

capt jake
Though I haven't seen them in the Seattle area, I checked their webpage to double check. It is down and not working.

Thanks,
Jake

capt jake

Thanks,
Jake

Mrleft8
12-12-2003, 10:28 PM
From what the guy at the desk told me, they aren't doing any catalogue sales. No checks, no open accts, no lay aways. Cash or credit card only, and existing stock only. Might be a good time to buy that Fein multimaster....Only 300 bucks...on sale.... Or not.... I never thought they had good prices, or particularly good quality in edge tools, but they had the "location" thing down to a science.... I'm not sad to see them go, but it will be inconvenient to have to look for a new source the next time I need a portable power tool....

Mrleft8
From what the guy at the desk told me, they aren't doing any catalogue sales. No checks, no open accts, no lay aways. Cash or credit card only, and existing stock only. Might be a good time to buy that Fein multimaster....Only 300 bucks...on sale.... Or not.... I never thought they had good prices, or particularly good quality in edge tools, but they had the "location" thing down to a science.... I'm not sad to see them go, but it will be inconvenient to have to look for a new source the next time I need a portable power tool....

Mrleft8

capt jake
12-12-2003, 10:30 PM
the "location" thing down to a science And..... do they have a store near me??? Their website is not working to tell me.

capt jake
the "location" thing down to a science And..... do they have a store near me??? Their website is not working to tell me.

capt jake

Mrleft8
12-13-2003, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by capt jake:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> the "location" thing down to a science And..... do they have a store near me??? Their website is not working to tell me.</font>[/QUOTE]Got me... Look in the internet yellow pages.

Mrleft8
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> the "location" thing down to a science And..... do they have a store near me??? Their website is not working to tell me.</font>[/QUOTE]Got me... Look in the internet yellow pages.

Mrleft8

Bruce Hooke
12-13-2003, 07:31 AM
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> the "location" thing down to a science And..... do they have a store near me??? Their website is not working to tell me.</font>[/QUOTE]I found this PDF list (http://www.teknatool.com/pdf/Trendlines%20store%20contact%20listing.pdf) on line and it appears that Woodworker's Warehouse is just in the Northeastern United States. So, the nearest store to you is probably somewhere in western PA or NY. :D

I agree with Mrleft8 -- I was never that thrilled with their quality or selection, but they are the only chain woodworking store I know of that really focused on retail storefronts. So, their closing with leave a lot of places without any retail woodworker's supply type store. Woodcraft does seem to be expanding, and I have generally found them to be much more likely to have what I am looking for, so maybe this will open up some new markets for them.

Bruce Hooke
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> the "location" thing down to a science And..... do they have a store near me??? Their website is not working to tell me.</font>[/QUOTE]I found this PDF list (http://www.teknatool.com/pdf/Trendlines%20store%20contact%20listing.pdf) on line and it appears that Woodworker's Warehouse is just in the Northeastern United States. So, the nearest store to you is probably somewhere in western PA or NY. :D

I agree with Mrleft8 -- I was never that thrilled with their quality or selection, but they are the only chain woodworking store I know of that really focused on retail storefronts. So, their closing with leave a lot of places without any retail woodworker's supply type store. Woodcraft does seem to be expanding, and I have generally found them to be much more likely to have what I am looking for, so maybe this will open up some new markets for them.

Bruce Hooke

capt jake
12-13-2003, 10:19 AM
Well thank you! Probably just as well; I am running out of room for tools anyway! smile.gif

capt jake
Well thank you! Probably just as well; I am running out of room for tools anyway! smile.gif

capt jake