PDA

View Full Version : Hawks V. 9er's

Paul Girouard
11-27-2014, 10:04 PM
Not a bad 1st half, eh ron II!

bobbys
11-27-2014, 10:08 PM
Could have used a field goal instead of that taunting..

But I'm not telling him!

ron ll
11-28-2014, 11:23 AM
Not a bad 1st half, eh ron II!

Nah, I liked the second one better. :)

ron ll
11-28-2014, 11:30 AM
Could have used a field goal instead of that taunting..

But I'm not telling him!

Didn't need another three points, and a Richard Sherman taunt is a lot more fun. :D

bobbys
11-28-2014, 11:43 AM
I enjoyed Sherman and Wilson eating turkey at mid field on the 49s logo.

ron ll
11-28-2014, 11:45 AM
I enjoyed Sherman and Wilson eating turkey at mid field on the 49s logo.

i missed that. Maybe I can find a U tube of it. :)

bobbys
11-28-2014, 11:53 AM
i missed that. Maybe I can find a U tube of it. :)

look for Sherman telling the crowd to hush.

I know he is bratty but I suppose I enjoy it.

I think he was pizzed they threw in his direction.

Well he intercepted 2 times.

John Smith
11-28-2014, 11:57 AM
I have no dog in this hunt, but I've got to say the Seahawks really look like they're running on all cylinders.

ron ll
11-28-2014, 11:58 AM
Yeah, I saw him trying to hush the crowd. What a lot of people have started to figure out, especially around Seattle, is that Sherman is a very bright and actually a very kind and generous person. He just has a wicked sense of humor. :) and kind of like Ali, can back it up.

ron ll
11-28-2014, 12:03 PM
I have no dog in this hunt, but I've got to say the Seahawks really look like they're running on all cylinders.

My personal theory, (based on very little) is that Percy Harvin was a real attitude disrupter for the team in the early season. Once they shipped him off to purgatory things started getting back to normal.

Paul Girouard
11-28-2014, 12:08 PM
My personal theory, (based on very little) is that Percy Harvin was a real attitude disrupter for the team in the early season. Once they shipped him off to purgatory things started getting back to normal.

That why the Vikings pedaled him to the Hawks.

You'd think he'd say to himself , here you are on a good team which just won the S/B, get along , do your job, and get set to go back for another shot at a S/B ring , but NO, he wants the ball more , why didn't you throw it to ME?? , yadda yadda yadda.

I hope he likes it in Jet's land 2-8 I think they are.

Yes, the Hawks staff thought they could get him to be a team player , it didn't work , so they sent him packing!

ron ll
11-28-2014, 12:12 PM
I think part of the Hawks advantage is that they all seem to sincerely like each other, on and off the field.

Garret
11-28-2014, 12:23 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed that game. Sherman is very entertaining & I totally see the sense of humor - and also his ability to back that humor up with skills.

While obviously an NFL "Let's make our image better" attempt - the halftime piece on Wilson spending time with the kids in the hospital was good to see. Whatever the reason for the piece - that fact that he does it regularly is a really good thing.

ron ll
11-28-2014, 12:43 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed that game. Sherman is very entertaining & I totally see the sense of humor - and also his ability to back that humor up with skills.

While obviously an NFL "Let's make our image better" attempt - the halftime piece on Wilson spending time with the kids in the hospital was good to see. Whatever the reason for the piece - that fact that he does it regularly is a really good thing.

That's real. And he's been doing it long before he started getting PR for it.

Paul Girouard
11-28-2014, 01:37 PM

Ya , Sherm is Sherm, uniquely himself. A good teammate it seems with his interview about Lynch getting fined 100K for not talking to the press.

I am glad he didn't do any thing , "extra" yesterday while eating turkey on the Niner's logo, there's enough bad blood between the Hawk's and Niner's to last until Sherman's retired, no need to rub more salt into the wounds.

Jim Bow
11-28-2014, 01:50 PM
Not only badblood twixt Hawk and Miners, but Sherman is still upset about how Harbaugh bad mouthed him when NFL was scouting him at Stanford.

Paul Girouard
11-28-2014, 02:02 PM
Not only badblood twixt Hawk and Miners, but Sherman is still upset about how Harbaugh bad mouthed him when NFL was scouting him at Stanford.

Baldwin's on that list as well. So there's Coach V player issues , Crabtree V Sherman issues, where Sherman reached out his hand and said good game ( clearly can be heard on the tape of this) and Crabtree pushes Sherman away by sticking his hand onto Sherman face mask. I think Sherman was being a good sport and Crabtree took it the wrong way , but it could well be Sherman was rubbing his play in last years game in Crabtree's face verbally.

Sky Blue
11-28-2014, 02:03 PM
I wonder about the 49ers and whether Kaep is a good leader, like Wilson seems to be. Both teams have struggled with injuries, talent losses, contract beefs, continuity and chemistry problems, and on and off-field distractions.

Neither team's passing attack is anything to write home about, but Wilson makes the necessary plays when Kaep does not.

The Hawks are finding ways to win against the clubs they must beat (division foes), and though they are not as good as last year, they are rounding into form and I don't know that anyone will want to play them if they get into the playoffs.

That beat down was on the road last night. Impressive.

Paul Girouard
11-28-2014, 02:19 PM
I wonder about the 49ers and whether Kaep is a good leader, like Wilson seems to be. Both teams have struggled with injuries, talent losses, contract beefs, continuity and chemistry problems, and on and off-field distractions.

Neither team's passing attack is anything to write home about, but Wilson makes the necessary plays when Kaep does not.

The Hawks are finding ways to win against the clubs they must beat (division foes), and though they are not as good as last year, they are rounding into form and I don't know that anyone will want to play them if they get into the playoffs.

That beat down was on the road last night. Impressive.

Look at last years season , the Hawks although they had a slightly better W/L record , had won a few close games that this year they ended up just losing by the two or three points / one or two plays.

The Defence was much better last year, letting Brandon Browner go , some linebacker and D. back injuries all played a roll in this season's "let down".

The offense is a bit better over all , but again injuries the centers been out about 1/2 the games Max Unger, Lynch is playing with some back pain , Zak Miller TE's gone for the season. The punt / kickoff returner postion needs help , Walter's is sure handed , so he haven't cost the Hawks giving up the ball , much , if at all. BUT he's only good for 5 to 7 yards per return attempt , and hasn't come close to breaking a big one so far. In yesterdays game he started the game , but after the first 1/2 the Hawks used Baldwin on a punt return , and Richardson, Lockett both got chances.

I'd like to see a couple more deep strikes to either Lockett , or Richardson , to loosen up the shorter passing game. They did go deep a couple of times on the Card's W/ Richardson and Lockett , but they didn't really stretch the field yesterday.

I think they will next week V. the Eagle's, which to me looks like a easy game to win for the Hawk's . The Eagle's record is good , 9-2 , BUT look at who they've played , they lost to GB , and the Card's , they beat , soundly the now struggling C-boys. I see a comanding win next week , with a D picking a few Sanchez ducks , and some deep strike throws to Richradson or Lockett.

I think the Hawks will release or demote Walter's to the practice squad , and bring some one else up , or in from outside of the team to run back punts and kick offs , IF they can find someone for that position. If not the guys they used yesterday will get the call.