PDA

View Full Version : Mast Question

altmans
11-03-2000, 10:24 PM
I am at the point of looking at masts for the Snipe my son and I are building. As I look around I get probably get a used Proctor or Cobra II mast for $300-900. I have also looked at the masts that Glenn-L sells, I could buy a new aluminum mast in the $300-400 range. As it is a wooden Snipe it will be far heavier than the normal Fiberglass ones and thus not competitive in racing. What are the arguments or decision points that I should be concerned about in making this choice

altmans
I am at the point of looking at masts for the Snipe my son and I are building. As I look around I get probably get a used Proctor or Cobra II mast for $300-900. I have also looked at the masts that Glenn-L sells, I could buy a new aluminum mast in the $300-400 range. As it is a wooden Snipe it will be far heavier than the normal Fiberglass ones and thus not competitive in racing. What are the arguments or decision points that I should be concerned about in making this choice

altmans

NormMessinger
11-04-2000, 09:01 AM
Hey, altmans. We are almost neighbors. Is a wooden mast out of the question? A birdsmouth mast can be quite light weight.

--Norm

NormMessinger
Hey, altmans. We are almost neighbors. Is a wooden mast out of the question? A birdsmouth mast can be quite light weight.

--Norm

NormMessinger

--Norm