PDA

View Full Version : Water Tanks

Whiffle English
01-17-2006, 11:46 PM
I'm looking for a water tank material that does not effect taste. Several years ago, after a plastic tank that never was very satisfactory gave up the ghost, I had a stainless steel tank built by a custom shop. That tank was wonderful...but EXPENSIVE. So..I am looking for a tank that is strong, tasteless, and not too expensive. Anyone have any suggestions?

Whiffle English
I'm looking for a water tank material that does not effect taste. Several years ago, after a plastic tank that never was very satisfactory gave up the ghost, I had a stainless steel tank built by a custom shop. That tank was wonderful...but EXPENSIVE. So..I am looking for a tank that is strong, tasteless, and not too expensive. Anyone have any suggestions?

Whiffle English

JimConlin
01-18-2006, 08:16 AM
Ronco Plastics (http://www.ronco-plastics.com) make a great variety of very nice polyethylene tanks.

JimConlin
Ronco Plastics (http://www.ronco-plastics.com) make a great variety of very nice polyethylene tanks.

JimConlin

Gerald
01-18-2006, 08:04 PM
You didn't really state what size? However, I like to use plastic fuel tanks for cars and trucks for everything from water to sewer. They don't arrive at your doorstep in a box marked BOAT so they are much cheaper.
Gerald

Gerald
You didn't really state what size? However, I like to use plastic fuel tanks for cars and trucks for everything from water to sewer. They don't arrive at your doorstep in a box marked BOAT so they are much cheaper.
Gerald

Gerald
Gerald

Thad Van Gilder
01-19-2006, 07:13 AM
I like monel tanks. I have a bunch sitting around.

but dam, to buy the stuff new!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Thad

Thad Van Gilder

-Thad

Thad Van Gilder

-Thad

mariner2k
01-19-2006, 04:58 PM
Has anyone here ever added flexible tanks in addition to their main water tank?
kevin

mariner2k
kevin

mariner2k
kevin