PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Moto Tool

cs
07-23-2003, 07:05 AM
Well it looks like my trusty Dremmal Moto tool has finally bite the dust. It sounds like it has a bad bearing. Now these are great little tools that have many uses. What do you guys recomened to replace it with? Should I get another Dremmel or is their a better one out there?

Chad

cs
Well it looks like my trusty Dremmal Moto tool has finally bite the dust. It sounds like it has a bad bearing. Now these are great little tools that have many uses. What do you guys recomened to replace it with? Should I get another Dremmel or is their a better one out there?

Chad

cs

Chad

cs
07-23-2003, 10:06 AM
Those look like great tools Don, but boy are the pricey.

For what I use them for I think the dremal works fine. So I guess if the Dremal is the cream of the crop for handhelds I'll just have to fork out 60 bucks and buy a new one.

Chad

cs

For what I use them for I think the dremal works fine. So I guess if the Dremal is the cream of the crop for handhelds I'll just have to fork out 60 bucks and buy a new one.

Chad

cs

Chad

NormMessinger
07-23-2003, 12:02 PM
The Dremal I got for Christmas, don't know why she just got a whim, is far superior to the one I bought nearly 20 years ago if that is relevant to anything.

NormMessinger
The Dremal I got for Christmas, don't know why she just got a whim, is far superior to the one I bought nearly 20 years ago if that is relevant to anything.

NormMessinger

Dan McLaughlin
07-23-2003, 02:50 PM
My Dremel just bit the dust after 15 years of hard use. I found a deal on a new one with standard accessories and the right angle attachment for $49.95 at a local store. Worth checking around your area. Personally, I seem to need a Dremel for every project.

DMc

Dan McLaughlin
My Dremel just bit the dust after 15 years of hard use. I found a deal on a new one with standard accessories and the right angle attachment for $49.95 at a local store. Worth checking around your area. Personally, I seem to need a Dremel for every project.

DMc

Dan McLaughlin

DMc

htom
07-23-2003, 06:31 PM
I swore off them for a couple of years after the last one was stolen////// borrowed. I finally broke down and bought the rechargable battery-powered 7800; it works very well, runs for far longer than I've ever used it on a charge and there's no power cord tugging.

htom
I swore off them for a couple of years after the last one was stolen////// borrowed. I finally broke down and bought the rechargable battery-powered 7800; it works very well, runs for far longer than I've ever used it on a charge and there's no power cord tugging.

htom

cs
07-24-2003, 07:57 AM
Guess that seals the deal. I will just have to get me another Dremal. How much power and what are the speed ranges on the cordless?

Chad

cs
Guess that seals the deal. I will just have to get me another Dremal. How much power and what are the speed ranges on the cordless?

Chad

cs

Chad

Mike DeHart
07-24-2003, 08:28 AM
My dad has the battery Dremel and I have the variable speed forked-tailed version. The battery model has two speeds and is noticeably slower and less powerful than the corded one. I mostly use the abrasive cut-off disks so I prefer the corded model for the higher speed and power. For doing carving work or light grinding where you would run slower speeds anyway the battery model is fine. I generally don't like battery tools since I rarely use then often enough to justify keeping the battery topped up.

Mike DeHart
My dad has the battery Dremel and I have the variable speed forked-tailed version. The battery model has two speeds and is noticeably slower and less powerful than the corded one. I mostly use the abrasive cut-off disks so I prefer the corded model for the higher speed and power. For doing carving work or light grinding where you would run slower speeds anyway the battery model is fine. I generally don't like battery tools since I rarely use then often enough to justify keeping the battery topped up.

Mike DeHart

htom
07-24-2003, 11:46 AM
There are now three battery powered Dremels; the 9.6 Volt variable speed (0-25k) 7800 is the largest. I've used the 4.8 V two speed MiniMite 750 as a drill and nibbler for circuit boards; it works but I'd only buy one if I needed to use it in the tiny spaces that model will reach into. I played a bit with both the 7800 and the "digital" 398 line-powered unit, and chose the 7800 because it balanced better in my hand. I like the digital speed setting, and wish the 7800 had it, or that the 398 was battery powered, but neither of those options were available.

Their website is at www.dremel.com; (http://www.dremel.com;) the battery tools page appears to be http://www.dremel.com/productdisplay/tool_family_template.asp?SKU=1007787775&Color=99CCFF

htom
There are now three battery powered Dremels; the 9.6 Volt variable speed (0-25k) 7800 is the largest. I've used the 4.8 V two speed MiniMite 750 as a drill and nibbler for circuit boards; it works but I'd only buy one if I needed to use it in the tiny spaces that model will reach into. I played a bit with both the 7800 and the "digital" 398 line-powered unit, and chose the 7800 because it balanced better in my hand. I like the digital speed setting, and wish the 7800 had it, or that the 398 was battery powered, but neither of those options were available.

Their website is at www.dremel.com; (http://www.dremel.com;) the battery tools page appears to be http://www.dremel.com/productdisplay/tool_family_template.asp?SKU=1007787775&Color=99CCFF

htom