Sign 4,376,283 the end of the world is upon us. . .

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paul Pless
    pinko commie tree hugger
    • Oct 2003

Sign 4,376,283 the end of the world is upon us. . .

Humanetics is now manufacturing fat crash test dummies to better replicate the U.S. population. . .
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.
  • Bubba L.
    Dazed and confused
    • Jul 2014

Re: Sign 4,376,283 OF the end of the world is upon us. . .

OK, this may be a real sign of the end...

Gene
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'” Isaac Asimov.

Comment

• Norman Bernstein
      Liberaltarian
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Paul Pless
      Humanetics is now manufacturing fat crash test dummies to better replicate the U.S. population. . .
      Are they 'Plessner-sized'?
      "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

Comment

• seanz
        Resilient?
        • Nov 2006

We have the technology to install scales in car seats........"Get out and walk, Fatty."
        We don't know how lucky we are....

Comment

• Paul Pless
          pinko commie tree hugger
          • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Norman Bernstein
          Are they 'Plessner-sized'?
          actually much bigger than me
          Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Comment

• Keith Wilson
            Trying to be reasonable
            • Oct 1999

Re: Sign 4,376,283 the end of the world is upon us. . .

Nothing new. 20-some years ago I worked on a lot of the machinery to make the first production passenger-side airbags, and the same facility had the crash test sleds and dummies. The dummies came in all sizes, the big fat man dummies, various sizes of adults, and a whole graduated child-size series. I suspect that because there are more airbags in cars now and the controls are more sophisticated, they need a wider range to make sure they work right..
            "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
            for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Comment

• CWSmith
              New Hampshire
              • Nov 2008

Re: Sign 4,376,283 the end of the world is upon us. . .

I find it ironic that they try to have a crash test dummy in my size, but most American cars are too low to get my head inside the vehicle.
              "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...