PDA

View Full Version : Arkady Renko novels .

PeterSibley
10-17-2014, 01:15 AM
I've just found another one in my local library , "Tatiana ". I thought I'd read all of Marin Cruz Smith's novels except "Canto for a Gypsy" but here's one more ! I'm happy !

Does anyone else enjoy them ?

stevebaby
10-17-2014, 03:13 AM
I'm another fan Pete. I didn't realize there was another book out. The last one I read was Three Stations, but I'll be getting this Tatiana asap.
Cruz Smith is a terrific thriller writer.

Flying Orca
10-17-2014, 07:03 AM
Absolutely outstanding works - Polar Star is a knockout. Tatiana is in my queue.

Oystagirl and I agree that Smith is a total bastard to put Arkady through all that he has, though. I think we first reached that conclusion after Havana Bay. :D

Flying Orca
10-17-2014, 09:15 AM
I was walking to my office this morning when I saw a Martin Booth novel in a bookstore window. If you like the Renko novels, you might wish to give Booth a try; his works are equally well-written and have a similar flavour, with perhaps an even more devastating impact. Aside from his poetry, he was best known for Hiroshima Joe, and his novel A Very Private Gentleman was remade and filmed as The American, but I thought The Industry of Souls and Islands of Silence were even more powerful.

He also wrote an engrossing biography of Jim Corbett, which will appeal to those familiar with Corbett's works. I daresay there are a few in the Bilge. ;)

ljb5
10-17-2014, 10:10 AM
I was a big fan. I've read them all, except for Tatiana, which I hadn't heard about.

I've sworn them off after each of the last few. They just seemed to be getting very morbid and grotesque.

I'll probably unswear them off and read just one more.

PeterSibley
10-17-2014, 11:20 PM
I was walking to my office this morning when I saw a Martin Booth novel in a bookstore window. If you like the Renko novels, you might wish to give Booth a try; his works are equally well-written and have a similar flavour, with perhaps an even more devastating impact. Aside from his poetry, he was best known for Hiroshima Joe, and his novel A Very Private Gentleman was remade and filmed as The American, but I thought The Industry of Souls and Islands of Silence were even more powerful.

He also wrote an engrossing biography of Jim Corbett, which will appeal to those familiar with Corbett's works. I daresay there are a few in the Bilge. ;)

Martin Booth !

Noted , thanks .