PDA

View Full Version : All kinds of dandy things....

NormMessinger
03-14-2001, 11:27 AM
If you are not familiar with the Reid Tool Supply Company Ya gotta check them out. Web presence at: www.reidtool.com (http://www.reidtool.com) .

I find esoteric hardware and parts there I've never seen else where. Most recently Dzus toggle latches which is just the hting for snapping down the "engine room" cowl on Prairie Islander.

--Norm

NormMessinger
If you are not familiar with the Reid Tool Supply Company Ya gotta check them out. Web presence at: www.reidtool.com (http://www.reidtool.com) .

I find esoteric hardware and parts there I've never seen else where. Most recently Dzus toggle latches which is just the hting for snapping down the "engine room" cowl on Prairie Islander.

--Norm

NormMessinger

--Norm

Ed Harrow
03-14-2001, 12:05 PM
Thanks, Norm.

Ed Harrow
Thanks, Norm.

Ed Harrow
Thanks, Norm.

Alan D. Hyde
03-14-2001, 12:34 PM
Norm-------

I like Dzus fittings, and am familiar with them from Triumph TR3s.

I didn't see them as a choice in the Reid catalogue, but the kind I like is the type used in the TR3s. This type has a square-drive recess in the top of the fitting.

That way, there's no wing or ring to get in your way, and you can open it (properly) with a T-handle or (improperly) with a screwdriver placed diagonally across the square-drive recess.

Alan

Alan D. Hyde
Norm-------

I didn't see them as a choice in the Reid catalogue, but the kind I like is the type used in the TR3s. This type has a square-drive recess in the top of the fitting.

That way, there's no wing or ring to get in your way, and you can open it (properly) with a T-handle or (improperly) with a screwdriver placed diagonally across the square-drive recess.

Alan

Alan D. Hyde
Norm-------

Alan

NormMessinger
03-14-2001, 08:56 PM
Thanks, Alan. I have only a couple of inches above and below the "hood" to connect to so I'm looking at those on Page 62 of the Reid catalogue. They are more like suitcase closers that the auto hood latches.

NormMessinger
Thanks, Alan. I have only a couple of inches above and below the "hood" to connect to so I'm looking at those on Page 62 of the Reid catalogue. They are more like suitcase closers that the auto hood latches.

NormMessinger