PDA

View Full Version : stanley screw-mate/alternative

slim
02-03-2001, 01:36 AM
Having practically given up on finding a genuine screw-mate, I am trying to find an alternative, i.e. a drill/countersink with an adjustable cutter for the body hole. All the big (and, sadly) little hardware outlets seem to stock only those useless bits which have either a very short non-adjustable body-hole bit or none at all. If anybody knows where I can find a stock of the discontinued Stanley tool, or something comparable, you will save me changing drills and making this extra operation for over 2,000 holes per boat.

slim
Having practically given up on finding a genuine screw-mate, I am trying to find an alternative, i.e. a drill/countersink with an adjustable cutter for the body hole. All the big (and, sadly) little hardware outlets seem to stock only those useless bits which have either a very short non-adjustable body-hole bit or none at all. If anybody knows where I can find a stock of the discontinued Stanley tool, or something comparable, you will save me changing drills and making this extra operation for over 2,000 holes per boat.

slim

Thad
02-03-2001, 08:33 AM
Slim, if you find more than you need send them my way. I have called and e-mailed Stanley to try to get same with no response!

Thad
Slim, if you find more than you need send them my way. I have called and e-mailed Stanley to try to get same with no response!

Thad

Joel Herzel
02-21-2001, 08:53 PM
Fuller makes all manner of sizes of both the countersink and matching drills. Tapered drills, straight drills, all very good quality. I use the Veritas tapered plug cutters with them. Jamestown Distributors has them all.
www.jamestowndistributors.com (http://www.jamestowndistributors.com)

Joel Herzel
Fuller makes all manner of sizes of both the countersink and matching drills. Tapered drills, straight drills, all very good quality. I use the Veritas tapered plug cutters with them. Jamestown Distributors has them all.

Joel Herzel