PDA

View Full Version : PSS shaft seals

Ross Faneuf
02-09-2001, 01:39 PM
I have an older bellows-type shaft seal on Ceol Mor which I intend to replace. I set the boat up for this type of seal, so am looking at the PSS seal. Does anyone have experience with this seal, or any hints/suggestions? 1 1/8" shaft.

Ross Faneuf
I have an older bellows-type shaft seal on Ceol Mor which I intend to replace. I set the boat up for this type of seal, so am looking at the PSS seal. Does anyone have experience with this seal, or any hints/suggestions? 1 1/8" shaft.

Ross Faneuf

Scott Rosen
02-09-2001, 02:10 PM
I installed a PSS seal five or so years ago. I can recommend it. I've had no problems at all, no leaks, no vibration, etc.

Before the PSS I had an old fashioned stuffing box/packing gland, which leaked like the devil and was an endless source of problems. I've never had any other brand of dripless seal, so I can't tell you how the PSS compares to other dripless seals.

Harry Rupinecker at Harry's Marine Repair in Westbrook, Connecticut 860 399-6165 installs lots of PSS seals in sail and power boats and could probably tell you why he thinks they are better than all the others.

Scott Rosen
I installed a PSS seal five or so years ago. I can recommend it. I've had no problems at all, no leaks, no vibration, etc.

Before the PSS I had an old fashioned stuffing box/packing gland, which leaked like the devil and was an endless source of problems. I've never had any other brand of dripless seal, so I can't tell you how the PSS compares to other dripless seals.

Harry Rupinecker at Harry's Marine Repair in Westbrook, Connecticut 860 399-6165 installs lots of PSS seals in sail and power boats and could probably tell you why he thinks they are better than all the others.

Scott Rosen