PDA

View Full Version : Teleflex Steering Adapter

LINN
11-21-2000, 07:13 AM
I have just installed a new 2001 Johnson 30 on my 1965 Boston Whaler 13' hull. The original steering setup was the "pulley and cable" system and is long since gone. I have a beautiful new Mahogany steering console and interior, and want to use the newer teleflex setup. The problem is that this hull has the notched and curved transom - which is one of the reasons that I like the boat. Anyway, I have a clearance problem with the cable and need to come up with a tube arrangement on the motor which can be 2-3" forward of the existing motor tube to gain the necessary clearance. Before I spend a lot of time designing something and having a machine shop put it together, it occurs to me that there must be a lot of folks who have had the same problem. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Linn A. Murdoch
Merritt Island Florida

LINN
I have just installed a new 2001 Johnson 30 on my 1965 Boston Whaler 13' hull. The original steering setup was the "pulley and cable" system and is long since gone. I have a beautiful new Mahogany steering console and interior, and want to use the newer teleflex setup. The problem is that this hull has the notched and curved transom - which is one of the reasons that I like the boat. Anyway, I have a clearance problem with the cable and need to come up with a tube arrangement on the motor which can be 2-3" forward of the existing motor tube to gain the necessary clearance. Before I spend a lot of time designing something and having a machine shop put it together, it occurs to me that there must be a lot of folks who have had the same problem. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Linn A. Murdoch
Merritt Island Florida

LINN

Thank you.

Linn A. Murdoch
Merritt Island Florida

Gresham CA
11-22-2000, 12:51 PM
You can get a tube that mounts to the transom. That should take care of things. http://www.tfxmarine.com/pdfs/steeringpdfs/connection.pdf

[This message has been edited by Gresham CA (edited 11-22-2000).]

Gresham CA
You can get a tube that mounts to the transom. That should take care of things. http://www.tfxmarine.com/pdfs/steeringpdfs/connection.pdf

Gresham CA