PDA

View Full Version : It's a miracle!

Shang
08-29-2014, 07:02 PM
Ah can see!

Day before yesterday the eye doctor and I went for another waltz and operated on my second eye. If you ever need cataract surgery, find a good knife guy, and go for it. The difference is like night and day!

Earlier this morning I saw Snow Geese on the lake...by afternoon, as the drugs wore off, I realized that those guys were Sea Gulls. Who knows, by tomorrow they may be Penguins!

Phillip Allen
08-29-2014, 07:04 PM
congraats and yipiii!

Rum_Pirate
08-29-2014, 07:23 PM
Well done, may your sight continue to improve.

Sight is very precious and most people do not appreciate it until it is gone.

Shang
08-29-2014, 07:47 PM
Well done, may your sight continue to improve.

Sight is very precious and most people do not appreciate it until it is gone.

The scary part was that when Barb went in to have her glasses checked I went along for the ride.
"Heck, I can see perfectly well," I said.
The eye doctor said, "You only made it through your last driver's test because you winked and smiled at the lady conducting the test..."

Curtism
08-30-2014, 04:08 AM
After having mine done I was amazed at how bad they'd gotten without my realizing it. Since then I've really been able to appreciate not needing glasses for outdoor activities where I might work up a sweat, get caught in the rain or salt-spray while boating. Eyelids are the best windshield wipers by far.

Another big plus I noticed the first time out fishing was being able to follow the flight of my lure while casting. I do a lot of flats fishing and like to lay artificial bait up in the shade of the mangroves where the big reds hang out. My depth perception is much better than it ever was with glasses and I've yet to get a lure hung up in the shrubs by over-casting. Of course, none of that results in catching more fish, so far. But not having to tend to (or worry about losing overboard) that 3rd and 4th lens is a lot less hassle.

Spin_Drift
08-30-2014, 04:35 AM
So very glad for you. Wonderful news.

Bubba L.
08-30-2014, 09:46 AM
Way cool.

Gene Y>