PDA

View Full Version : Republicans are Pro-Business

David G
08-12-2014, 09:47 AM
Well... maybe kinda sorta. Large corporation friendly maybe. Job creation and economic growth... not so much. These studies show the correlations --

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/08/11/pro-business-research-shows-gop-pro-business-policies-hurt-business-kill-economic-growth/

Paul Pless
08-12-2014, 09:49 AM
it is so good to see you picking up norman's slack while he's away. . .

David G
08-12-2014, 09:55 AM
Naaahhh... I'm not fit to carry Norman's slide-rule. But someone's gotta fill the void summat, eh?

Keith Wilson
08-12-2014, 10:04 AM
Good post. The comparison between Minnesota and Wisconsin is interesting. Now it's obviously not all the result of the difference between state governments' policies, but some of it is, and it's another bit of evidence that 'pro-business' polices don't do what they're claimed to do.

http://www.wisconsinbusinessalliance.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/surprise-640x300.jpg

The comparison with ALEC's 'economic outlook rankings', basically a function of what they think are 'pro-business' state government polices is interesting too. There's a pretty good negative correlation - the states with supposedly 'pro-business' polices are actually doing worse economically.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BlRb24YCYAA5XZd.png

Todd D
08-12-2014, 11:07 AM
You have to consider that pro-business means different things to republicans and everyone else. For most of the population pro-business means policies that encourage employment growth and wage growth. To republicans, pro-business means policies that increase profits and shareholder income.

David G
08-12-2014, 11:14 AM
You have to consider that pro-business means different things to republicans and everyone else. For most of the population pro-business means policies that encourage employment growth and wage growth. To republicans, pro-business means policies that increase profits and shareholder income.

Just so. Present-day Republicans want to simply keep doubling down on the policies that led to the recent financial collapse... continuing the concentration of wealth and power... continuing the trend of more rich folks, and more poor folks, and fewer middle class... and continuing to degrade our representative government thru the buying of elections, influence peddling, unchecked revolving door policies.... until we have another crisis, or until the barricades are manned, the Bastille taken, and there are heads on pikes.

Osborne Russell
08-12-2014, 11:30 AM

How true !

Democratic politicians blurble about the complexity of economics, and you have to do some work to uncover the errors and untangle the logic. Republicans begin with the fateful "It's simple . . . "

bobbys
08-12-2014, 11:40 AM
Addicting Info

Site Description

Political knowledge and news, shared by moderates, independents, and people on the left. Our goal is to be a resource to discredit right-wing lies, myths, and talking points..

David your site is a left wing hack site

It admitted there is no objectivity at all..

It's a propaganda site you seem obsessed with bringing here.

Keith Wilson
08-12-2014, 11:42 AM
But the studies cited are quite legitimate; fairly serious work. Follow the links, dude.

bobbys
08-12-2014, 12:06 PM
But the studies cited are quite legitimate; fairly serious work. Follow the links, dude.

libs here mock Fox News and discredit it out of hand.

Why would I read anything from a left wing hack site.

If a study showed Conservatives in a positive light it would not be there.

Sorry you guys cannot have this both ways..

Dude.

wardd
08-12-2014, 12:17 PM

Dude.

why not, if it's true?

Keith Wilson
08-12-2014, 12:56 PM
As I said, while addictinginfo.org is indeed highly biased, the studies to which the article links are not. You don't have to look at them if you don't want to, but you're not contributing anything to the discussion.

John Smith
08-12-2014, 01:09 PM

Dude.

Speaking for myself, I mock Fox because it has no allegiance to facts. NONE. Remember when it showed the video a HUGE crowd at a DC event it had promoted? Then someone noticed a building was missing: they used video from a different event over ten years old to make the event they sponsored look a lot bigger that it actually was. That's called lying. Fox was sure the polls showing Obama ahead were wrong and Romney would win the election. They keep asking Cheney his opinion. Why would anyone listen to Fox?

They promoted the idea that we've lost private sector jobs because we have too many teachers, cops, or firefighters, but I couldn't find anyone who could point to such a job being lost for that reason. They keep telling us raising the minimum wage will cost jobs, but actual evidence from actual surveys and studies behind minimum wage increases show the opposite to be true. They continue to tell us cutting taxes on the wealthy will create jobs, in spite of all the evidence of recent years proving it's not true. They enable the climate change deniers, which puts the entire human race at risk.

They are a laughing stock, except it's not really funny.

John Smith
08-12-2014, 01:10 PM
As I said, while addictinginfo.org is indeed highly biased, the studies to which the article links are not. You don't have to look at them if you don't want to, but you're not contributing anything to the discussion.

There is a difference between being biased and having one's facts correct. The facts support, for example, Climate Change and evolution. Fox will make up facts to discredit both.

bobbys
08-12-2014, 01:23 PM
As I said, while addictinginfo.org is indeed highly biased, the studies to which the article links are not. You don't have to look at them if you don't want to, but you're not contributing anything to the discussion..

Why should I read anything from a left wing site when libs here started the whole attack any right wing or middle of the road source..

There was no "discussion" then and you said nothing about "contributing".

John Smith
08-12-2014, 01:31 PM

Why should I read anything from a left wing site when libs here started the whole attack any right wing or middle of the road source..

I've been asking for months for the right to point to anything since '92 they've gotten correct either as a matter of fact or as a predicted outcome. I can't think of one. They told us the '93 budget would destroy the economy. They assured us the Clinton's had been involved in crimes in "Whitewater", "Travelgate", or "Fostergate", but Starr CLEARED THEM BOTH ON THOSE. The Republicans all told us if Starr's report only contained Monica, they would NOT impeach Bill Clinton: They lied. The assured us the Iraq war would be a very short enterprise, we'd be greeted with flowers, and the oil would pay for it all. They perpetuated the falsehood that Obama was not born in Hawaii.

Why would anyone listen to a source that is constantly wrong, unless one likes being misinformed?

In the 2012 election, if you watched any news outlet other than Fox you were told the polls showed Obama winning. Only Fox assured its viewers Romney was winning.

I don't like being lied to. I watch/listen to those who have good track records insofar as getting facts correct is concerned.

Keith Wilson
08-12-2014, 02:12 PM
Why should I read anything . . . . Read what you want to read. No skin off my nose.

Glen Longino
08-12-2014, 02:18 PM

Do you understand the difference between facts and lies?
No?
I figgered!

Bubba L.
08-12-2014, 08:24 PM

Dude.

Fox never cites or links factual studies. It's the data that's important not who presented it. We only have one way: show me the facts. So far all the rightists on this forum have presented nothing but opinions.
Example: The sun is hot. This is recognized as a fact.
Example: I think the sunshine in January in Massachusetts is warm enough for a swim. This is an opinion.

Gene