PDA

View Full Version : US media coverage....Ukraine Vs Israel/Gaza crisis

skaraborgcraft
08-06-2014, 07:41 AM
What has been getting more attention in the US press?

Reynard38
08-06-2014, 07:46 AM
I'd have to say Gaza.
Aipac has a lot of pull on the Goverment and the media here.

skuthorp
08-06-2014, 07:47 AM
Don't know, Israel probably. But the Ukranian internal conflict is hotting up, the Ukranian forces may be getting the upper hand, and Russian forces massing on the border. It's still a very dangerous time and I reckon Putin thinks he'd get away with an invasion. So do I as it happens. I reckon that the plane disaster has prevented it from happening for a time.

StevenBauer
08-06-2014, 07:51 AM
Much more on the Mideast compared to Ukraine. Mostly skewed towards Israel but there are some alternative sources that show a more balanced perspective. I think the US should stop military aid to Israel, but I don't really see that happening.

Steven

skaraborgcraft
08-06-2014, 08:00 AM
Don't know, Israel probably. But the Ukranian internal conflict is hotting up, the Ukranian forces may be getting the upper hand, and Russian forces massing on the border. It's still a very dangerous time and I reckon Putin thinks he'd get away with an invasion. So do I as it happens. I reckon that the plane disaster has prevented it from happening for a time.

Notice you are in Australia, is it your press that is saying there is a Russian troop build up on the border? Have they shown any evidence of it?

Gerarddm
08-06-2014, 10:14 AM
Tilting toward Gaza, but then again it isn't like Ukraine has been ignored.

Now that a ceasefire is in effect, and with Putin rattling sabers again on the borderlands, I would guess it will tilt toward Ukraine until that boil is lanced, or until another MH fight goes down somewhere ( as Bill Maher sarcastically noted on his future headlines bit 'Malaysian Airline Lands One" ).

StevenBauer
08-06-2014, 10:56 AM
It seems like the reports of Russian military build up are coming from Poland.

Steven

skaraborgcraft
08-06-2014, 02:37 PM
Bit odd that the OSCE observers that are on the border have not reported anything like that, except for the 25,000 Ukranian troops that have massed on the border, apparently for "excercises", but this does not warrant any comment from NATO. No surprise.

skuthorp
08-06-2014, 08:25 PM
I imagine that if the Ukraine forces get on top the separatists will want to retreat into Russia. Cutting that retreat off I expect, as well as making Putin's decisions as difficult as possible.

"It seems like the reports of Russian military build up are coming from Poland. "
And we don't know what the US satellites are reporting……………..
but the recovery teams came under fire at the crash site, and are being sent home as the area is too dangerous.
http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/foreign/07-Aug-2014/ukraine-fighting-dutch-halt-mh17-recovery