PDA

View Full Version : Colour picture viewing of magazine pdf's

andrewpatrol
07-25-2014, 12:39 AM
I recently reinstalled my PDF collection of woodenboat magazines which I view using Goodreader on my iPad. On some pages, some of the pictures come out like a colour negative and all grainy. Anyone else had this problem and what to do about it. I've also emailed Goodreader. Articles/pictures come out fine on Adobe with my PC.
andrew

Thorne
07-25-2014, 10:17 AM
Nope. Try some alternate pdf viewers on your iPad -- there are lots of 'em...

Scot
07-28-2014, 12:36 PM
I'll be interested to hear if you have that problem if you download the free Acrobat Reader app.
-Scot

andrewpatrol
07-30-2014, 06:02 PM
I'll give that a try. Didn't realise adobe has finally made it to ipad

andrewpatrol
08-01-2014, 03:32 AM
So far so good Scot. I've looked at about 10 different issues no probs. One other prob I was getting before, some pages the script was missing on about every second or third line, seemed to be on pages with no pictures. that seems to have cleared up too

Scot
08-01-2014, 06:22 AM
Yes indeed... from our Store site about digi downloads, more bits section:
"These files are PDFs, best viewed with the free program Adobe Acrobat Reader The files are also downloadable to your fabulous iPad... be sure to get the free Acrobat Reader App. If you open the files in “preview” or some other such item, they may appeared scrambled on some pages. That’s why you want to use Acrobat Reader."