PDA

View Full Version : Amazing treasure trove of tool and equipment manuals!

Bob Cleek
03-02-2006, 11:52 PM
Stumbled over something new to me. Maybe everybody else knows, but in case not...

Grizzly Industrial's website provides parts lists and INSTRUCTION MANUALS for every product they sell. Since Grizzly sells Asian stationary power tools identical to Jet and so on, it's all here. You don't have to buy the tool to learn how to use it!

Check it out:

Grizzly manuals (http://www.grizzly.com/manuals.aspx)

Bob Cleek
Stumbled over something new to me. Maybe everybody else knows, but in case not...

Grizzly Industrial's website provides parts lists and INSTRUCTION MANUALS for every product they sell. Since Grizzly sells Asian stationary power tools identical to Jet and so on, it's all here. You don't have to buy the tool to learn how to use it!

Check it out:

Bob Cleek

Check it out:

Canoeyawl
03-03-2006, 12:46 AM
Here is another great book for a beginning machinist…
How To Run A Lathe
by South Bend
I think it may be the best one out there.
Long out of print, it was issued as a wartime training manual and to high school vocational students. They are plentiful used or as a reprint from Lindsay publications.

Canoeyawl
How To Run A Lathe
by South Bend
Long out of print, it was issued as a wartime training manual and to high school vocational students. They are plentiful used or as a reprint from Lindsay publications.

Canoeyawl
How To Run A Lathe
by South Bend

Thorne
03-03-2006, 09:56 AM
Bob -

Thanks -- an excellent resource! Unfortunately, the one item they sell that I needed the manual for is the heat gun -- and its a "no-service" tool.

BTW, I've read on this list that 'all cheap heat guns are the same', but I'd like to post one exception:

The Black & Decker heat gun with variable temps is JUNK -- the reviews on Amazon.com confirm this, as does my experience. Use it for a few hours and it just stops, never starting again.

I borrowed one from a neighbor for a boat-paint-stripping party -- now replacing it with a cheaper and better model from Ace Hardware.

[ 03-03-2006, 09:57 AM: Message edited by: Thorne ]

Thorne
Bob -

Thanks -- an excellent resource! Unfortunately, the one item they sell that I needed the manual for is the heat gun -- and its a "no-service" tool.

BTW, I've read on this list that 'all cheap heat guns are the same', but I'd like to post one exception:

The Black & Decker heat gun with variable temps is JUNK -- the reviews on Amazon.com confirm this, as does my experience. Use it for a few hours and it just stops, never starting again.

I borrowed one from a neighbor for a boat-paint-stripping party -- now replacing it with a cheaper and better model from Ace Hardware.

Thorne
Bob -