PDA

View Full Version : Mast tang for asymmetric spinnaker

Jeff Kelety
03-16-2001, 03:19 PM
Hi all - Maybe a different crowd reads Resources forum; I've asked in the Misc category, but that's mostly life and politics and such <g>. Anyway, I'm looking for a mast tang upon which to hang a block for an asymmetric spinnaker. Any thoughts as to where I might locate one?

Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff Kelety
Hi all - Maybe a different crowd reads Resources forum; I've asked in the Misc category, but that's mostly life and politics and such <g>. Anyway, I'm looking for a mast tang upon which to hang a block for an asymmetric spinnaker. Any thoughts as to where I might locate one?

Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff Kelety

Thanks,
Jeff

noquiklos
03-16-2001, 07:20 PM
You can make your own out of stainless steel strap, or call Pete at Port Townsend Bronze Foundry, and he can whip up something really cool. What does Carol Hasse use?
Roy

noquiklos
You can make your own out of stainless steel strap, or call Pete at Port Townsend Bronze Foundry, and he can whip up something really cool. What does Carol Hasse use?
Roy

noquiklos
Roy

Jeff Kelety
03-16-2001, 09:24 PM
<What does Carol Hasse use?>

Well, Roy, one of the little disadvantages of waiting for the best, is that Carol hasn't returned my email inquires on this subject. I think she's incredibly booked. I believe Ed Louchard fabricated the tang for her. We spoke this evening. I also just spoke to Dan (of Lisa and Dan's new rigging shop). Dan believes there is an off-the-shelf supplier of this type of fitting. We'll get together on Monday and explore. If we can't locate one, he'll fabricate. So I think I have a path now. Thanks.

Jeff

Jeff Kelety

Well, Roy, one of the little disadvantages of waiting for the best, is that Carol hasn't returned my email inquires on this subject. I think she's incredibly booked. I believe Ed Louchard fabricated the tang for her. We spoke this evening. I also just spoke to Dan (of Lisa and Dan's new rigging shop). Dan believes there is an off-the-shelf supplier of this type of fitting. We'll get together on Monday and explore. If we can't locate one, he'll fabricate. So I think I have a path now. Thanks.

Jeff

Jeff Kelety

Jeff