PDA

View Full Version : Things I did not like about Bush.

genglandoh
07-16-2014, 10:25 AM
Some has said that I am only complaining about Obama’s actions.
I am posting about current events so naturally it would be about Obama.
Well here is my list of items I did not like about Bush.

1. The Iraq and Afghanistan wars.
I do not think these wars were conducted well.
a. Bush should have closed the borders.
This would have stopped the movement of people and material into the war zones.
Instead Bush wanted the border to be open so that the war zones would act as a sponge and attract terrorists in so the military could kill them.
b. Starte with a small region and make it safe then make the region larger until to entire country is safe.
This would mean multiple weapons sweeps, ID cards etc.
c. Bush should have used religious propaganda against the terrorists.
1. Point out that the Terrorist are false Muslims.
2. Real Muslims do not kill other Muslims.
3. The killing of Terrorists is the will of God.

2. The Immigration problem
Bush should have closed the US southern border.

Paul Pless
07-16-2014, 10:40 AM
Wow.

ron ll
07-16-2014, 10:45 AM
Wow.

Geeez Paul, don't feed him.

David G
07-16-2014, 10:55 AM

Instead Bush wanted the border to be open so that the war zones would act as a sponge and attract terrorists in so the military could kill them.
b. Starte with a small region and make it safe then make the region larger until to entire country is safe.

Just wanted to save this for posterity - and to point out that the clarity of gengster's chart numbering echoes the clarity of his thinking.

genglandoh
07-16-2014, 11:02 AM
Just wanted to save this for posterity - and to point out that the clarity of gengster's chart numbering echoes the clarity of his thinking.

I just wonder why you fell the need to edit my post by adding 2 empty lines?

Jim Mahan
07-16-2014, 11:24 AM

Remind me to never vote for you.

David G
07-16-2014, 11:43 AM
I just wonder why you fell the need to edit my post by adding 2 empty lines?

I just wonder why almost every word out of your mouth is factually incorrect. I did not edit your post in the slightest. I pressed the "Reply With Quote" button, then wrote my response.

So... let me add to the lack of clarity... a propensity to false assumptions and leaping to conclusions. Also illustrative of the quality of his thinking.

Cuyahoga Chuck
07-16-2014, 01:24 PM
Confession, may be good for your soul if you are trying to get into heaven but here it looks more like trying to erase your history of cleveing to the presidency of Cheney/Bush with all it's warts. St. Peter might buy it but I won't.

genglandoh
07-16-2014, 05:01 PM
I just wonder why almost every word out of your mouth is factually incorrect. I did not edit your post in the slightest. I pressed the "Reply With Quote" button, then wrote my response.

So... let me add to the lack of clarity... a propensity to false assumptions and leaping to conclusions. Also illustrative of the quality of his thinking.

LOL.
I am wondering if you work for the Government because blaming your computer seems to be a standard excuse for Government employees.

Gerarddm
07-16-2014, 05:03 PM
Geng, geng, you never fail to amuse.

johnw
07-16-2014, 05:07 PM
So, no problem with making torture the official policy of the US government? No problem with going to war based on lies about Iraq having weapons of mass destruction, just problems with how he conducted the war?

By the way, Mexico is our second largest trading partner. Closing the border would have been an economic disaster for both countries.

johnw
07-16-2014, 05:08 PM
LOL.
I am wondering if you work for the Government because blaming your computer seems to be a standard excuse for Government employees.

In fairness, he should have asked you in what way two empty lines changed the meaning of your post, since you seem so concerned about it.

genglandoh
07-16-2014, 05:11 PM
So, no problem with making torture the official policy of the US government? No problem with going to war based on lies about Iraq having weapons of mass destruction, just problems with how he conducted the war?

By the way, Mexico is our second largest trading partner. Closing the border would have been an economic disaster for both countries.

Sorry you are right I should not have said closed the southern border.
I should have said to Bush should have secured the border for allowing anyone to just walk into the US.

johnw
07-16-2014, 05:14 PM
Sorry you are right I should not have said closed the southern border.
I should have said to Bush should have secured the border for allowing anyone to just walk into the US.

Have you been to the border?

David G
07-16-2014, 06:07 PM
LOL.

Still lurching forward based upon unfounded assumptions and conclusions.

I wasn't blaming anyone or anything. I was telling you exactly the steps I took, and assuring you that I did not edit your post. My cursor never touched the quote.

I am wondering why you dodged the question posed in the post in question, and chose instead to raise - as John points out - a meaningless non-issue.

LeeG
07-16-2014, 06:37 PM
I wish GW had a custom made titanium mtn bike from some frame builder in Texas. I also wish he had picked a different VP. Other than that he was an excellent example of the Peter Principle.