PDA

View Full Version : email notifications?

kbowen
07-13-2014, 01:57 PM
I suspect (hope) this is a dumb question, but I haven't gotten any email notifications from this forum since 4/10/14. Has the notification email domain changed or something? I checked my email address in my profile and also pasted the old address (The WoodenBoat Forum <wbfadmin@woodenboat.com>) in my Earthlink address book, which I never had to do before either, but still nothing coming through. Ideas?

Ken

htom
07-13-2014, 02:01 PM
email sent.

StevenBauer
07-13-2014, 02:08 PM
That's the first thing I do with any forum or group I join. Turn off the damn email notifications. The last thing I want is a clogged up inbox of stuff I could just see by going to the forum or group or whatever.

Steven

kbowen
07-13-2014, 06:13 PM
email sent.

not rec'd 5:12 Central time.......

htom
07-13-2014, 07:51 PM
Huh. Hasn't bounced back yet. Maybe they've ended email as an anti-spam measure of some sort? Or only send it out once a day, after checking content?

Stiletto
07-20-2014, 08:00 PM
I think Htom is probably onto it. Have a look in your spam/junk folder.

I'm with Steven, notifications are a nuisance.

Duncan Gibbs
07-22-2014, 09:16 AM
I've been in touch with Scot about it, but he doesn't know what's happened (yet). I've not pressed him for an answer either.

I actually like the email notifications as they give me a record of PMs when I delete them to make room for new ones. I don't keep all the notifications though; only ones with contact details, good links and the like.