PDA

View Full Version : Guns in the family

Ian McColgin
07-11-2014, 01:07 PM
[IMc - This sort of family tragedy is avoidable.]

GRANDFATHER DEAD AFTER VANCE COUNTY FAMILY FIGHT

Monday, July 07, 2014

VANCE COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Vance County Sheriff's Office says an 84-year-old grandfather is dead following a family fight at a house on Cricket Creek Lane near Kittrell Monday night.

Around 7 p.m., deputies were called to the mobile home for a reported domestic dispute.

They said a preliminary investigation shows 84-year-old Lloyd Woodlief argued with his 49-year-old son Lloyd Peyton Woodlief and shot him with a .22 caliber pistol.

Deputies say the grandfather was then shot by his 11-year-old grandson with a 12-gauge shotgun.

Lloyd Woodlief was pronounced dead at the scene. Lloyd Peyton Woodlief was being treated at Duke Medical Center.

The investigation is ongoing.

Charges are pending.

# # #

Phillip Allen
07-11-2014, 01:10 PM
lost the stupid argument on the other thread, Ian?

I don't think I can keep up with your attempts to redirect discussions away from arguments you cannot win. :)

delecta
07-11-2014, 01:57 PM
Customers at a McDonald's restaurant in Sunderland got more than they bargained for when a man walked in and proceeded to masturbate openly for a full 30 minutes.
The incident was captured on CCTV in the fast food restaurant and yet James Scott was somehow able to continue pleasuring himself unmolested for half an hour.
The shocking incident happened in on November 7 last year.
Scott, 34, walked in and took a seat before proceeding to stuff his hands down his trousers and play with himself.
Stunned staff called the police, but it failed to stop him.
Teeside Crown Court heard it was "a prolonged act" by Scott. He admitted outraging public decency was handed a three year community order.
Scott, a construction worker, claimed he was from depression and was taking medication for the problem at the time, the court heard.
The Hartlepool Mail (http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/crime/pervert-performed-sex-act-in-front-of-children-in-hartlepool-mcdonald-s-1-6720686) reported women and children witnessed his lewd behaviour.
Prosecutor Sue Jacobs said: "There were people within McDonald's. One described themselves as a student who saw him appearing to be committing a sex act on himself.
"His actions made it clear what he was doing. Women and children and students were present.
"The incident was captured on CCTV."
A McDonald's spokesman told IBTimes UK: "In instances where anti-social behaviour does occur, we will continue to work closely with the relevant authorities to ensure that appropriate action is taken.
"Our priority is to ensure that our restaurants are welcoming and safe environments for both our customers and employees. We have a number of measures in place to encourage good behaviour in and around our restaurants."

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/man-convicted-prolonged-public-masturbation-sunderland-mcdonalds-1456129

CWSmith
07-11-2014, 02:02 PM
So, we have one story about the dangers of keeping guns in the home and another about the dangers of shaking hands with people you don't know. I don't think they really compare, but maybe for some they do.

Figment
07-11-2014, 02:04 PM
I read the first one as more of a "dangers of teaching future generations to solve their problems with guns" kinda thing.

Phillip Allen
07-11-2014, 02:04 PM
So, we have one story about the dangers of keeping guns in the home and another about the dangers of shaking hands with people you don't know. I don't think they really compare, but maybe for some they do.

well, he did LOSE me... but then, I'm just an old bricklayer

Phillip Allen
07-11-2014, 02:06 PM
I read the first one as more of a "dangers of teaching future generations to solve their problems with guns" kinda thing.

I've never taught anyone to solve their problems with a gun... we do have one in our virtual community who DOES teach people how to solve problems with guns, though

delecta
07-11-2014, 02:08 PM
You post two or three nothing to see here news stories a day and I'll accuse you of the same. :) Oh shoot, you have....hmmmmmm

take what you feel applies, both of you.

Reynard38
07-11-2014, 02:36 PM
Somebody brought a pistol to a shotgun fight.
Maybe they were arguing about who was going to take the wheels off.

Jim Mahan
07-11-2014, 04:58 PM
lost the stupid argument on the other thread, Ian?

I don't think I can keep up with your attempts to redirect discussions away from arguments you cannot win.

Of course you can't keep up. The day you best Ian McColgin in anything, it will be because he's passed on to his reward.

your attempts to redirect discussions away from arguments you cannot win

When all of the people who object your posts as indecipherable, obtuse and off-topic tell you that, it's partly because of this kind of projection; it's exactly what you do, along with obviously not answering direct questions put to you. You don't get that yet, do you?

Phillip Allen
07-11-2014, 05:05 PM
Of course you can't keep up. The day you best Ian McColgin in anything, it will be because he's passed on to his reward.

When all of the people who object your posts as indecipherable, obtuse and off-topic tell you that, it's partly because of this kind of projection; it's exactly what you do, along with obviously not answering direct questions put to you. You don't get that yet, do you?

are you saying that 'I' am Ian's reward? (sorry, Ian... you never had a chance)

RodB
07-11-2014, 05:14 PM
[IMc - This sort of family tragedy is avoidable.]

GRANDFATHER DEAD AFTER VANCE COUNTY FAMILY FIGHT

Monday, July 07, 2014

VANCE COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Vance County Sheriff's Office says an 84-year-old grandfather is dead following a family fight at a house on Cricket Creek Lane near Kittrell Monday night.

Around 7 p.m., deputies were called to the mobile home for a reported domestic dispute.

They said a preliminary investigation shows 84-year-old Lloyd Woodlief argued with his 49-year-old son Lloyd Peyton Woodlief and shot him with a .22 caliber pistol.

Deputies say the grandfather was then shot by his 11-year-old grandson with a 12-gauge shotgun.

Lloyd Woodlief was pronounced dead at the scene. Lloyd Peyton Woodlief was being treated at Duke Medical Center.

The investigation is ongoing.

Charges are pending.

# # #

If pro gun folks posted every story where people defended their lives and property with firearms... the entire bilge would be covered with such posts... Every time someone is shot you guys start a new thread.. give it a break.

RodB

LeeG
07-11-2014, 05:21 PM
Crazy, crazy, crazy