X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Durnik
    Out 'n About
    • Feb 2011

Ain't much difference..

A Hobby Lobby supporter who caused a controversy after publishing a photo that many thought resembled a Palestinian suicide bomber told Fox News on Wednesday that she was displaying “America’s founding principles” by posing with an assault-style rifle and a Bible.

In an interview with Fox News, Holly Fischer explained that the idea for her photo came after she posted another photo of herself wearing a shirt opposing abortion rights, holding a Chick-fil-A cup, and standing in front of a Hobby Lobby store.
    She said that she posted the Hobby Lobby photo the day that the Supreme Court ruled that some corporations could deny contraception coverage to women, “and a few people were like, ‘The only thing missing is your gun or your Bible or your flag.’”

So on the Fourth of July, Fisher posted a second photo of herself stand in front of an American flag, while holding an AR-15 and a Bible.

“ATTENTION LIBERALS: do NOT look at this picture. Your head will most likely explode,” Fisher wrote in a tweet along with the photo.
    Nah, our heads won't explode.. that's a conservative thing - we'll just say -

It wasn’t long before commenters on Reddit noticed that Fisher’s photo was similar to a photo of a Gaza suicide bomber known as the “White Widow,” who was seen holding an assault rifle and a Koran.

“I expected less backlash with this than I did the first one because the picture is, like, America’s founding principles,” Fischer opined to Fox News on Wednesday. “That’s all that’s in the picture. And I really didn’t think it would cause the uproar that it has.”
    - Hence my "Ain't much difference" 'Topic'.

Fisher said that she posted the photo because there was a “growing intolerance among the left, and conservatives are becoming more and more afraid to speak up.
    Hmm..

Congress Critters insulting the President to his face in public is "becoming more and more afraid to speak up"?

Fox Media & Friends spewing insane & outright lies is "becoming more and more afraid to speak up"?

Cruz & Palin running their mouths wild in attempts to outdo Fox & Pals is "becoming more and more afraid to speak up"?

Bundy & pals pointing firearms at U.S. officials is "becoming more and more afraid to speak up"?

Imagine if they weren't. ;-)

NTM, a “growing intolerance among the left"..

Projection is strong in this one!

Linky..

enjoy
    bobby
  • Durnik
    Out 'n About
    • Feb 2011

Re: Ain't much difference..

why are you bothered?

FWIW, I've only also seen it in a thread by Arizona Bay.. (to which I linked)

enjoy
    bobby

Comment

• Lew Barrett
      Landlocked
      • Dec 2005

Girls, guns and god; how can you ever get too much of such a delicious combination? Like a strawberry, vanilla and blueberry ice cream sandwich. Reminds you of America!
      One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

Comment

• Durnik
        Out 'n About
        • Feb 2011

ETA: > My post was pretty clear. Did it confuse you?

Your post showed you were bothered.. not why. Surely you're not such a simple person as to be bothered by mere frequent exposure?

BTW, pointed answers to your first post are - 2 so far (in the Bilge) & no (read the commentary).

enjoy
        bobby

Comment

• Durnik
          Out 'n About
          • Feb 2011

Well, Lew - nix the guns & god.. and heavy on the girls & ice cream, & I'm with you! ;-)

enjoy
          bobby

Comment

• Sky Blue
            Banned
            • Feb 2014

It's usually a good sign when women reference "God." Depending on context, of course...

Comment

• CWSmith
              New Hampshire
              • Nov 2008

Neither guns nor the Bible are part of the founding principles of this country.
              "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Lew Barrett
                Landlocked
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Durnik
                Well, Lew - nix the guns & god.. and heavy on the girls & ice cream, & I'm with you! ;-)

enjoy
                bobby
                Done!
                One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

Comment

• jack grebe
                  Misunderstood
                  • Feb 2001

To whom it may concern.....
                  please extract your cranium from your rectum
                  before your sphincter affiliates you
                  Originally posted by George Jung
                  Don't under-estimate Jack. He's purty damned talented

Comment

• Keith Wilson
                    Trying to be reasonable
                    • Oct 1999

I will. The one on the left, however much I disagree with her, is a silly American girl posing for a dumb picture. The one on the right is an actual terrorist, responsible for a lot of violence and quite a few deaths. The one on the left is playing around, the one on the right is deadly serious. There is a real difference.
                    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
                    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Comment

• Lew Barrett
                      Landlocked
                      • Dec 2005

Is that the context? I didn't see the "other thread" or the photo of the "jihadi lady." Seems like a spoof now that some context is provided, but I'm over my head here. I think I could be done with this thread.....take no offense bobby! I'm just movin' on!

Comment

• Keith Wilson
                        Trying to be reasonable
                        • Oct 1999

The photo above was one of those viral things that my slightly more left-wing friends like to post on Facebook. The woman on the right is one Samantha Lewthwaite, AKA 'the white widow', a member of Al-Shabbab, a British convert to Islam, and not a very pleasant person.
                        "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,

Richard Feynman

Comment

• Durnik
                          Out 'n About
                          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Keith Wilson

I will. The one on the left, however much I disagree with her, is a silly American girl posing for a dumb picture. The one on the right is an actual terrorist, responsible for a lot of violence and quite a few deaths. The one on the left is playing around, the one on the right is deadly serious. There is a real difference.
                          In context - the one on the left is an indoctrinated (one raised in the doctrine) girl who
                          A) doesn't realize 'god, guns & the bible' are not the founding principles of this country
                          &
                          B) doesn't realize the systems she supports (Hobby Lobby & Fundy Christianity) are bent on driving her down to where the girl on the right is (tho she somewhat voluntarily went there)

speaking of whom -

the one on the right also buys into 'her' religions excesses.. which just happen to (presently) be more personal than the excesses of the girl on the left -

- more personal as the girl on the left simply supports a military machine doing the dirty work for her. Meanwhile, they both believe 'their' religion gets to control others who don't buy into the irrationality. Their methods are different, but the u.s. fundies are learning fast.

FWIW, I don't follow face-book, twitter or any other 'social media'. Email, some blogs/forums & news are it. The pics are new to me.

The woman on the right is one Samantha Lewthwaite, AKA 'the white widow', a member of Al-Shabbab, a British convert to Islam, and not a very pleasant person.
                          'Converts', AKA "True Believers", in general, tend to be "not a very pleasant person". It shouldn't be difficult to think of one on this forum - who while admittedly hasn't taken personally up guns & bombs, does (enthusiastically) support a system which _has_ (for centuries now) taken up guns & bombs.

An observation - no-one is paying attention to the comments I made concerning the comments the 'one on the left' made.

.. & I still say 'not much difference'.. different place, different time.. one, a member of the group currently 'on top' - one, not - tactics to fit the situation. I remember the U.S. was formed out of a revolution in which (soon to be) U.S. Freedom Fighters hid behind trees & skulked in the shadows. I also remember the U.S. (enthusiastically supported by the likes of 'the girl on the left') currently finds remote control bombing of wedding parties to be normal, never mind, acceptable.

On top of it all, there are other examples of "God, Guns & Flags" just as there are other examples of "Allah, Guns & Flags" - both flitting 'round the net & world.

It's all insanity - meaning "Ain't much difference".

take no offense bobby! I'm just movin' on!
                          None taken, Lew!

Ooo, Look!

No guns.. nor god.. Just Gals & Ice Cream - gotta love it!

BTW, the girl in the op claims/implies that she was _not_ spoofing the Islamic (convert, tho she is) girl. She thought it up all on her lonesome.

enjoy
                          bobby
                          Last edited by Durnik; 07-09-2014, 11:50 PM. Reason: sulked>skulked thanks, Jim!

Comment

• Keith Wilson
                            Trying to be reasonable
                            • Oct 1999

Great pictures with ice cream!

While I agree with much of what you say, I think that the difference between killing a lot of people and having a stupid picture taken while holding a gun is quite large.

Richard Feynman

Comment

• Durnik
                              Out 'n About
                              • Feb 2011

Yeah, between the two girls.. there is quite a difference - between the ideologies, certainly the extremes, I'd say not so much..

but it's hard to not enjoy Gals & Ice Cream!

peace
                              bobby

Comment

Working...