PDA

View Full Version : Delta Bandsaw Parts

Bob Adams
11-23-2000, 03:39 PM
Happy Thanksgiving folks! Mama gave me permission to by some teak to replace my decks, but my antique 14" Delta bandsaw is tired. Need rollers, tires, ect. Unit is at least 30 years old, anyone know of a parts source? Thanks!

Bob Adams
Happy Thanksgiving folks! Mama gave me permission to by some teak to replace my decks, but my antique 14" Delta bandsaw is tired. Need rollers, tires, ect. Unit is at least 30 years old, anyone know of a parts source? Thanks!

Bob Adams

Jamie Hascall
11-24-2000, 05:13 PM
Delta will have all the parts for almost any saw they built, especially tires etc. I remember replacing the upper spindle and bearings of an ancient Delta 14" . There's not much on these things that actually goes bad. There was a great thread on tuning bandsaws a year or so ago, so use the search thingy for locating more tips.

Good Luck
Jamie

Jamie Hascall
Delta will have all the parts for almost any saw they built, especially tires etc. I remember replacing the upper spindle and bearings of an ancient Delta 14" . There's not much on these things that actually goes bad. There was a great thread on tuning bandsaws a year or so ago, so use the search thingy for locating more tips.

Good Luck
Jamie

Jamie Hascall

Good Luck
Jamie

Ed Harrow
11-24-2000, 09:56 PM
Bob, mine is maybe even older, made in Milwaukie. All the hard parts it needed I purchased at a local Delta parts depot, except for the hexagonal stock that the upper guides on which the upper guides are mounted. I purchasd a height kit for the saw, but the newer models use round stock for this item, and they had no solution to offer. The machine shop at the saltmine fixed me up with off-the-shelf stock.

If you're feeling really hard pressed, I know someone who's wife has just given him some money to by a band saw... http://media4.hypernet.com/~dick/ubb/smile.gif

Ed Harrow
Bob, mine is maybe even older, made in Milwaukie. All the hard parts it needed I purchased at a local Delta parts depot, except for the hexagonal stock that the upper guides on which the upper guides are mounted. I purchasd a height kit for the saw, but the newer models use round stock for this item, and they had no solution to offer. The machine shop at the saltmine fixed me up with off-the-shelf stock.

If you're feeling really hard pressed, I know someone who's wife has just given him some money to by a band saw... http://media4.hypernet.com/~dick/ubb/smile.gif

Ed Harrow