PDA

View Full Version : Folding Anchor from "Northhill"

sagasean
04-10-2001, 01:05 PM
I'm looking for a particular folding anchor which looks a bit like a modified Yachtsman's anchor. I think a company called Northhill in California used to make them.

I've heard people rave about their holding power.

sagasean
I'm looking for a particular folding anchor which looks a bit like a modified Yachtsman's anchor. I think a company called Northhill in California used to make them.

sagasean

Dale Harvey
04-10-2001, 08:28 PM
Yeah, they do hold pretty good, but they also foul rather easily if the vessel veers around them.

Dale Harvey
Yeah, they do hold pretty good, but they also foul rather easily if the vessel veers around them.

Dale Harvey

Dave Hadfield
04-11-2001, 10:04 AM
I sure like mine. It holds in the rock along the shore of Georgian Bay where other anchors skip. It also does very well in weed. The collapsible stock is most handy.

Unfortunately I can't help you find one. Mine came from my Grandfather's garage.

Let me know if you get some cast.

Dave

Dave Hadfield
I sure like mine. It holds in the rock along the shore of Georgian Bay where other anchors skip. It also does very well in weed. The collapsible stock is most handy.

Unfortunately I can't help you find one. Mine came from my Grandfather's garage.

Dave

Dave Hadfield

Dave