PDA

View Full Version : Replacement for British Seagull

Thierry Msika
04-09-2001, 05:12 PM
British Seagull has stopped its production.

I am looking for a 6 HP outboard,preferably 4 stroke to push a 7 t/35' sailing boat.

Can somebody help ?

Thierry

Thierry Msika

I am looking for a 6 HP outboard,preferably 4 stroke to push a 7 t/35' sailing boat.

Can somebody help ?

Thierry

Thierry Msika

Can somebody help ?

Thierry

Mark Van
04-09-2001, 06:28 PM
Yamaha has a new 8 HP high-thrust four stroke, available with an extra long shaft for sailboats. A bit pricey, but should be ideal. I had the 9.9 hp four-stroke Yamaha, and I was very pleased with it. I think the 8 is the smallest high-thrust motor available.
Mark

Mark Van
Yamaha has a new 8 HP high-thrust four stroke, available with an extra long shaft for sailboats. A bit pricey, but should be ideal. I had the 9.9 hp four-stroke Yamaha, and I was very pleased with it. I think the 8 is the smallest high-thrust motor available.
Mark

Mark Van
Mark

paladin
04-09-2001, 07:04 PM
Oh no! Please God..not Seagull...I haven't had mine long enough to amortize what I paid for it. It's Still running fine after thirty years.....
See what happens when you build a product too good....you put yourself outta business!!!!!!!!!

paladin
Oh no! Please God..not Seagull...I haven't had mine long enough to amortize what I paid for it. It's Still running fine after thirty years.....
See what happens when you build a product too good....you put yourself outta business!!!!!!!!!

paladin

Todd Bradshaw
04-10-2001, 03:33 AM
I don't even have a boat to hang mine on any more. About every three years I get it out and start it up in a garbage can full of water. It's had the same gas in it for about eight years and still starts on the first or second pull. Now that it's going to be a rare, antique commodity, I might have to buy it some new gas...

[This message has been edited by Todd Bradshaw (edited 04-10-2001).]

Todd Bradshaw
I don't even have a boat to hang mine on any more. About every three years I get it out and start it up in a garbage can full of water. It's had the same gas in it for about eight years and still starts on the first or second pull. Now that it's going to be a rare, antique commodity, I might have to buy it some new gas...

Todd Bradshaw

Ian Wright
04-10-2001, 04:53 AM
Buy a 'nother Seagull,,,,,Spares are still made and a used Seagull re-built or not is still a good buy.

IanW.

Ian Wright
Buy a 'nother Seagull,,,,,Spares are still made and a used Seagull re-built or not is still a good buy.

IanW.

Ian Wright

IanW.

Mike Field
04-10-2001, 05:49 AM
Thierry, to answer your thread's title, I'm afraid there isn't.

But you should be able to build one from spares, I should think. Have a word with John Williams at --

johnwilliams@eoa.ndirect.co.uk

He used to run their spare parts business when they were IN business, and now runs one on his own bat.

Mike Field

But you should be able to build one from spares, I should think. Have a word with John Williams at --

He used to run their spare parts business when they were IN business, and now runs one on his own bat.

Mike Field

Ed Nye
04-10-2001, 11:13 PM
The guys around here that are using Yamaha and Honda are having a heck of a time with salt build-up in the water passages. Some of them a very expensive time. Anyone know of a four cycle that lasts in saltwater?
Ed

Ed Nye
The guys around here that are using Yamaha and Honda are having a heck of a time with salt build-up in the water passages. Some of them a very expensive time. Anyone know of a four cycle that lasts in saltwater?
Ed

Ed Nye
Ed

Bob Adams
04-15-2001, 08:33 PM
Has anyone tried the rather crude looking air cooled single cylinder diesel outboard distributed by Hardy Diesel? Based on the China diesel. High thrust, ought to be thrifty (along with noisey, shakey and smokey). I think they are at hardydiesel.com

Bob Adams
Has anyone tried the rather crude looking air cooled single cylinder diesel outboard distributed by Hardy Diesel? Based on the China diesel. High thrust, ought to be thrifty (along with noisey, shakey and smokey). I think they are at hardydiesel.com

Bob Adams