X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • obscured by clouds
    • Sep 2008

RIP Eli Wallach

Eli wallach has died aged 98

US actor Eli Wallach, whose best-known films included The Magnificent Seven and Sergio Leone's The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, dies aged 98.
    Yma o hyd
  • Michael D. Storey
    • Nov 2009

Re: RIP Eli Wallach

Blondie!!!

Comment

• Ian McColgin
      • Apr 1999

"Shows you — sooner or later you must answer for every good deed."

Comment

• Glen Longino
        • Jun 2008

Tuco! RIP

Comment

• Rum_Pirate
          Banned
          • Apr 2007

Ditto.

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly is a favourite film of mine.

Comment

• BrianW
            not your average member
            • Nov 2002

Wow! 98yo!

Good on him.
            “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”― Mark Twain,

Comment

• JimD
              Senior Mumbler
              • Feb 2002

Fair winds Eli. Will always remember you for The Magnificent Seven.
              There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

Comment

• Gerarddm
                #RESIST
                • Feb 2010

Yup.
                Gerard>
                Albuquerque, NM

Next election, vote against EVERY Republican, for EVERY office, at EVERY level. Be patriotic, save the country.

Comment

• Tom Montgomery
                  Lurking since 1997
                  • Sep 1999

A great enduring character actor who well deserved his honorary Academy Award.
                  "They have a lot of stupid people that vote in their primaries. They really do. I'm not really supposed to say that but it's an obvious fact. But when stupid people vote, you know who they nominate? Other stupid people." -- James Carville on the plethora of low-quality GQP candidates in the mid-term election.

Comment

• Tom Montgomery
                    Lurking since 1997
                    • Sep 1999

Originally posted by Donn
                    I just switched on Turner Classic Movies to catch the 1934 "Treasure Island" (Aargh) and saw an ad for an Eli Wallach memorial selection which starts at 9PM next Monday.
                    I recorded it to view tomorrow. Jackie Cooper and Wallace Beery.

Jackie Cooper said he did not like Wallace Beery. He said Beery constantly tried to upstage the other actors and that several times he painfully pinched Cooper.

RIP Eli Wallach.
                    "They have a lot of stupid people that vote in their primaries. They really do. I'm not really supposed to say that but it's an obvious fact. But when stupid people vote, you know who they nominate? Other stupid people." -- James Carville on the plethora of low-quality GQP candidates in the mid-term election.

Comment

Working...