PDA

View Full Version : I went to my favorite restaurant today.

Phillip Allen
06-13-2014, 08:07 PM
I know just about everybody who works there and the owner. I enjoy talking to the people when they’re not too busy but today, some body came in that I think reminded me of my awkward days years ago. He was past his mid forties and was hitting on my waitress (20 years old) in a way that was embarrassing because of his awkwardness. He held on to his menu for five of her returns to take his order and tried to be s-wave and de-boner and get her to talk to him. She did talk to him some and it made me think that she must be totally aware of awkward men… pitiful… I thought I’d tell you guys just in case any of us think we’re s-wave and de-boner ourselves.

Gerarddm
06-13-2014, 08:41 PM
No fool like an old fool.

Phillip Allen
06-13-2014, 08:43 PM
No fool like an old fool.

it really did look pitiful :)

LeeG
06-13-2014, 09:06 PM
I am s-wave and deboner, just not with girls my daughters age.

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
06-13-2014, 09:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJP8wVoTufg

Tom Montgomery
06-13-2014, 11:13 PM
My favorite restaurant is neither a diner nor a chain and rarely has clientele who are either s-wave or de-boner.

YMMV.

John Smith
06-14-2014, 10:04 AM
My favorite restaurant suffered one too many floods and closed up permanently.

elf
06-14-2014, 11:00 AM
s-wave and d-boner?

Are these supposed to be cute? or funny? or clever? or does Phillip not know how to pronounce and spell the words, maybe?

elf
06-14-2014, 11:00 AM
One restaurant around here that I like will be washed away in the next hurricane.

bobbys
06-14-2014, 11:24 AM
s-wave and d-boner?

Are these supposed to be cute? or funny? or clever? or does Phillip not know how to pronounce and spell the words, maybe?.

Ihave trouble to with eyetalians but I knew what he meant from James Bond movies.

Phillip Allen
06-14-2014, 11:29 AM
s-wave and d-boner?

Are these supposed to be cute? or funny? or clever? or does Phillip not know how to pronounce and spell the words, maybe?

one of my favorite people used to say that for years and years... she may be dead and gone by now and I say it in remembrance of her

(and she certainly knew the difference)

Hwyl
06-14-2014, 11:30 AM
s-wave and d-boner?

It's a man thing: If your s-wave is rejected by a waitress you get a ... oh never mind

Dumah
06-14-2014, 11:34 AM
The question I have Philip, ia open carry allowed there?

Phillip Allen
06-14-2014, 11:37 AM
The question I have Philip, ia open carry allowed there?

dunno... why do you ask?

BrianW
06-14-2014, 04:15 PM
Sounds like a fun day.

We just had a thread on punctuation, and it mentioned how Shakespeare made up words if needed. It was a bit of a celebration of creativity and imagination when it comes to writing.

Phillip Allen
06-14-2014, 06:40 PM
Sounds like a fun day.

We just had a thread on punctuation, and it mentioned how Shakespeare made up words if needed. It was a bit of a celebration of creativity and imagination when it comes to writing.

I make up words... not a thing wrong with it

S.V. Airlie
06-14-2014, 07:36 PM
I make up words... not a thing wrong with itMaybe I you supply definitions, there maybe nothing wrong with making up words.

Glen Longino
06-14-2014, 08:16 PM
Of course there is another side to this situation not mentioned in the OP or since.
How about the good looking debonair gentleman, such as myself, who goes into a restaurant and all the women in the place start whispering and staring and pointing rudely, not to mention drooling, sweating and damn near fainting?
Then when they get their nerve up, they send one of their number over with a menu and ask, "Are you really Alan Jackson"? That really gets tiring!:)

BrianW
06-14-2014, 08:20 PM
Maybe I you supply definitions, there maybe nothing wrong with making up words.

Nah, if you have to supply definitions, it wasn't done right.

I think everyone understood the two words Phillip used in the original post.

S.V. Airlie
06-14-2014, 08:35 PM
Of course there is another side to this situation not mentioned in the OP or since.
How about the good looking denonair gentleman, such as myself, who goes into a restaurant and all the women in the place start whispering and staring and pointing rudely, not to mention drooling, sweating and damn near fainting?
Then when they get their nerve up, they send one of their number over with a menu and ask, "Are you really Alan Jackson"? That really gets tiring!:)Was it nudist rest. Glen? Can't see how this would happen otherwise.:)

S.V. Airlie
06-14-2014, 08:36 PM
Nah, if you have to supply definitions, it wasn't done right.

I think everyone understood the two words Phillip used in the original post.Guess I ain't everyone Brian.

Glen Longino
06-14-2014, 08:48 PM
Guess I ain't everyone Brian.

d-boner=debonair
s-wave=suave
In rural Arkie jargon!

bobbys
06-14-2014, 09:44 PM
How about the good looking denonair gentleman, such as myself, who goes into a restaurant and all the women in the place start whispering and staring and pointing rudely, not to mention drooling, sweating and damn near fainting?
Then when they get their nerve up, they send one of their number over with a menu and ask, "Are you really Alan Jackson"? That really gets tiring!:).

I think you are mixed up ,those ladies are the daughters of the confederacy and they think your STONEWALL JACKSON!!!!.

Yuck yuck yuck!lol

S.V. Airlie
06-14-2014, 10:02 PM

I think you are mixed up ,those ladies are the daughters of the confederacy and they think your STONEWALL JACKSON!!!!.

Yuck yuck yuck!lolBetter than Andrew!

S.V. Airlie
06-14-2014, 10:05 PM
d-boner=debonair
s-wave=suave
In rural Arkie jargon!No wonder!:)

Breakaway
06-14-2014, 11:32 PM
My crowd used to say, " Soave Bolla" when teasing one about acting suave.( SB was a heavily advertised wine)

Kevin

BrianW
06-14-2014, 11:37 PM
Guess I ain't everyone Brian.

Well, not everyone gets Shakespeare.

Just kidding. :D

S.V. Airlie
06-15-2014, 07:37 AM
Well, not everyone gets Shakespeare.

Just kidding. :DHe, Shakespeare wasn't an Arkie!:)

Shang
06-15-2014, 12:03 PM
I make up words... not a thing wrong with it

Course under them circum-stann-cesses it's helpful to be hang-some, char-min, and in-telly-gent.

Phillip Allen
06-15-2014, 12:10 PM
well said... !

Shang
06-15-2014, 12:12 PM
How about the good looking debonair gentleman, such as myself, who goes into a restaurant and all the women in the place start whispering and staring and pointing rudely, not to mention drooling, sweating and damn near fainting?
Then when they get their nerve up, they send one of their number over with a menu and ask, "Are you really Alan Jackson"? That really gets tiring!:)

Yeah, well how do you think I feel when they send one of their number over and ask: "Are you really Shang?"

Shang
06-15-2014, 12:14 PM
well said... !

I also trace some of my roots back to Arkansas.

Phillip Allen
06-15-2014, 02:18 PM
I also trace some of my roots back to Arkansas.

you have my condolences... :)

bobbys
06-15-2014, 06:19 PM
Course under them circum-stann-cesses it's helpful to be hang-some, char-min, and in-telly-gent.
Just don't squeeze the char min!

bobbys
06-15-2014, 06:19 PM
I know just about everybody who works there and the owner. I enjoy talking to the people when they’re not too busy but today, some body came in that I think reminded me of my awkward days years ago. He was past his mid forties and was hitting on my waitress (20 years old) in a way that was embarrassing because of his awkwardness. He held on to his menu for five of her returns to take his order and tried to be s-wave and de-boner and get her to talk to him. She did talk to him some and it made me think that she must be totally aware of awkward men… pitiful… I thought I’d tell you guys just in case any of us think we’re s-wave and de-boner ourselves..

Works for mick jagger though...

JimD
06-15-2014, 06:54 PM
The guy probably just got his new toopay which made him feel especially swave and deboner, so he thought he'd try out a few new lines he'd been practicing on the lucky lady in the diner.

Shang
06-15-2014, 07:32 PM
The guy probably just got his new toopay which made him feel especially swave and deboner, so he thought he'd try out a few new lines he'd been practicing on the lucky lady in the diner.

Young women who deal off the arm in diners are usually pretty good at looking out for their interests. But it's hard work, and doesn't pay very well. Tip generously--you can afford it.

Phillip Allen
06-15-2014, 08:35 PM
Young women who deal off the arm in diners are usually pretty good at looking out for their interests. But it's hard work, and doesn't pay very well. Tip generously--you can afford it.

it IS hard work and I tip accordingly

Reynard38
06-15-2014, 08:47 PM
Better still if you are rich and smooth...

http://youtu.be/G4jJWhzEzIk

BrianW
06-15-2014, 10:42 PM
Our youngest daughter comes up with some good words.

One day when we asked why she wasn't listening to us, she said... "I misunderheard you."

:D

Phillip Allen
06-15-2014, 10:45 PM
:):):)