PDA

View Full Version : okay, I didn't read the whole thing... but...

Phillip Allen
05-31-2014, 05:12 AM
soylent?

https://www.yahoo.com/food/is-food-just-fuel-soylent-sparks-debate-87212997526.html

do you reckon they'll add colors to the name?

Paul Pless
05-31-2014, 05:59 AM
at least ya got the link in there this time

Phillip Allen
05-31-2014, 06:00 AM
at least ya got the link in there this time

still, nasty comments

hokiefan
05-31-2014, 06:02 AM
still, nasty comments

Possibly, but earned via history.

Phillip Allen
05-31-2014, 06:04 AM
Possibly, but earned via history.

a history of nastiness but not 'earned' until I began to hit back... if you attack someone long enough, expect him/her to hit back

Paul Pless
05-31-2014, 06:05 AM
still, nasty commentsnasty, hell no, those were words of praise
scant praise yes maybe; i'll stand and applaud after you post that you've actually read your own c&p

phillip you become more and more ridiculous each day. . .

Glen Longino
05-31-2014, 06:11 AM
THIS MESSAGE IS HIDDEN BECAUSE PHILLIP ALLEN IS ON YOUR IGNORE LIST

And what a relief it is!

Rich Jones
05-31-2014, 06:14 AM
Come on, boys, it's a bit too early for snipping at each other...

Sounds like the stuff the "Borg" injested on Star Trek. We're all being assimilated!!

Phillip Allen
05-31-2014, 06:15 AM
Come on, boys, it's a bit too early for snipping at each other...

Sounds like the stuff the "Borg" injested on Star Trek. We're all being assimilated!!

look up soylent green

S.V. Airlie
05-31-2014, 08:38 AM
nasty, hell no, those were words of praise
scant praise yes maybe; i'll stand and applaud after you post that you've actually read your own c&p

Phillip you become more and more ridiculous each day. . .I hope its just the meds. Easily monitored!

Phillip Allen
05-31-2014, 09:06 AM
I hope its just the meds. Easily monitored!

you just won't stop it, will you, Jamie... you can go to ****

skuthorp
05-31-2014, 09:10 AM
I'm really surprised that seemingly no one here got the Soylent reference. Or unless it's a spoof that the 'inventors' didn't.
I still strongly suspect a spoof.

Gerarddm
05-31-2014, 09:13 AM
Isn't the reference so well known that it doesn't require elaboration? At least for people of a certain age, or cinemaphiles.

Paul Pless
05-31-2014, 09:25 AM
Jamie... you can go to ****Hell? its not so bad a place. . .

S.V. Airlie
05-31-2014, 10:23 AM
you just won't stop it, will you, Jamie... you can go to ****I* was trying to be polite by blaming your meds for your teetering on the edge. If it's something worse than that, well, don't/can't figure out what it is!

changeng
05-31-2014, 10:36 AM
I'm really surprised that seemingly no one here got the Soylent reference. Or unless it's a spoof that the 'inventors' didn't.

And If anyone else had posted it the reference would have been noticed.

Grow up and give phillip a break ...sometimes?:rolleyes:

Ian McColgin
05-31-2014, 10:41 AM
Not every "Kick Me" sign must be obeyed but it is rather a shame to not read through a short (about 600 words) piece that ends gracefully:

"If food should indeed represent fuel, not pleasure, the world of Soylent is certainly an efficacious one. But some of us see food as a window into learning about cultures other than our own, as an enormous source of delight, and even as one of the primary reasons life is amazing."

I at one time thought of cultivating spirulina and spent a while futilely experimenting with ways to make that green sludge palatable. Fabulously nutritious but it makes Vegimite seem tasty. And our history is replete with single food cures to world hunger, from goober peas to insects, so yet another excuse to ramp up the industrial production of soy fits right in.

Phillip Allen
05-31-2014, 10:43 AM
And If anyone else had posted it the reference would have been noticed.

Grow up and give phillip a break ...sometimes?:rolleyes:

I'm actually pretty easy to get along with... for those who actually want to get along

changeng
05-31-2014, 10:46 AM
then dont be so fast to take offense.. there been enough blood spilt here lately.

Phillip Allen
05-31-2014, 11:00 AM
then dont be so fast to take offense.. there been enough blood spilt here lately.

I said I try from time to time but then one of the (won't name them) takes a shot at me and I hit back... such behavior must cost something... I learned that long ago

I ran outa cheeks to turn a long time ago

Paul Pless
05-31-2014, 11:05 AM
such behavior must cost something... I learned that long agowhy? what does reprisal accomplish??

Vince Brennan
05-31-2014, 11:07 AM
Hi, Phil... you can name me, everyone knows my opinion of your posts.

It's not so much the fact that you post half-truths and silly links without (as admitted in the OP) reading them, or the fact that your opinions are mostly demonstrably wrong and often withdrawn after the fact and after much correction by the adults here as the fact that you and several others have managed to make this an unpleasant, un-thinking and un-palatable place to congregate.

Norm, I don't know how you can stomach this place, but I rely on you and Lew with a couple of others to try to infuse some sanity here.

Phil, you'll have to excuse me... Adult intellects are calling over on the Montesorri Forum.

Bye, all.

Canoeyawl
05-31-2014, 12:52 PM
I'm going with crickets

http://boingboing.net/2014/05/23/this-ohio-cricket-farm-is-firs.ht

Jim Bow
05-31-2014, 01:16 PM
2 questions:
1. These are intelligent inventive people who obviously have put a lot of thought and research into their product. Why would they then choose a name that has nothing but negative connections to it? It would be like naming your first born after Adolf Hitler.

2. Will Sheriff Joe Arpaio be their first major purchaser? You could wash down your Nutraloaf with it.

Phillip Allen
05-31-2014, 01:51 PM
2 questions:
1. These are intelligent inventive people who obviously have put a lot of thought and research into their product. Why would they then choose a name that has nothing but negative connections to it? It would be like naming your first born after Adolf Hitler.

2. Will Sheriff Joe Arpaio be their first major purchaser? You could wash down your Nutraloaf with it.

as to your first question... youth must be the answer in the absense of a better explaination.

Ian McColgin
05-31-2014, 03:10 PM
Maybe they have a sense of humor. Maybe they are also figuring to ride a recognized albeit fictitious brand name, like some California brewery did taking the brand name Schludwiller from a brilliantly funny Blitz Weinhart campaign. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iigxaFBTAZ4)

MiddleAgesMan
05-31-2014, 08:11 PM

No spoof. I ordered my first week's supply a couple weeks ago. Very long lead time so I still don't have it. I'm hoping the taste is palatable enough for me to start living on it as the company founder has been doing for over a year.