PDA

View Full Version : I didn't know it was supposed to be this way

cs
05-29-2014, 09:08 AM
and it wasn't so much in the past.

I spent Saturday cutting grass, spreading 900 lbs of mulch and cutting and clearing a tree from the yard. Sunday was spent moving the boat canopy, transferring compost from pile to pile and seeding and strawing. Took it a bit easy on Monday and varnished the door and painted some chairs. Tuesday I went back to "work" and then got home and laid tile till about 9:00 and then repeated that again last night.

For some reason I feel a bit worn down. I think tonight I will take easy and only put another coat of varnish on the door.

Chad

katey
05-29-2014, 09:28 AM
You, sir, are awesome.

cs
05-29-2014, 09:32 AM
No not really. Its just that since Nintendo took away my online Mario Kart I have to have something to fill my weekends.

Chad

Paul Pless
05-29-2014, 09:34 AM
when's your next APFT two mile run? you could be training for that in the evenings. . . :D

TomF
05-29-2014, 09:35 AM
Be careful Chad, this leads to harder drugs.

We've been in our present house nearly 12 years now. We (mostly I) altered literally every surface in it at least once by the time we'd hit 5 years. Now into the second run at much of it. In the meantime the yard used to be essentially an un-fenced vacant lot ... and sure isn't anymore.

It's a good thing though - we've been investing in our own pleasure in the home. A great thing about never intending to sell the house is that you can make it as idiosyncratic as you like, rather than always thinking about what might put off some generic future buyer, or give a lousy return on investment.

cs
05-29-2014, 09:36 AM
Yeah don't remind me. Coming up in October and I need to start running now to get ready for it.

Chad

cs
05-29-2014, 09:39 AM
Be careful Chad, this leads to harder drugs.

We've been in our present house nearly 12 years now. We (mostly I) altered literally every surface in it at least once by the time we'd hit 5 years. Now into the second run at much of it. In the meantime the yard used to be essentially an un-fenced vacant lot ... and sure isn't anymore.

It's a good thing though - we've been investing in our own pleasure in the home. A great thing about never intending to sell the house is that you can make it as idiosyncratic as you like, rather than always thinking about what might put off some generic future buyer, or give a lousy return on investment.

We actually have the house on the market right now and lot of this work needs to be done not only for potential buyers but for the general health of the house and yard.

The HOA is getting ready to approve the rest of my wood fence that is needed to completely enclose the back yard. As soon as I get that approval I will be finishing the fence. I personally feel that this adds value and if we don't sell the house we still need the backyard completely fenced.

Chad

Stiletto
05-29-2014, 06:22 PM
A great thing about never intending to sell the house is that you can make it as idiosyncratic as you like, rather than always thinking about what might put off some generic future buyer, or give a lousy return on investment.

Thanks TomF, That is the excuse I shall use for my place being what it is! ;)