PDA

View Full Version : Wiorkman's comp policy on motorcycles

cs
05-29-2014, 07:00 AM
I really don't like our company's workman comps policy on motorcycles. It don't cover you if you are injured on a bike when doing work related stuff. Therefor our company policy is no motorcycles to be used for work related trips. Which sucks. My job has me travelling quite a bit to job sites and some days I don't know if I will be on the road or not.

This severely restricts when I can or can not ride the bike to work. If I know I have to go to a job site I have to drive my car or if there is a pre bid meeting or a bid opening or anything like that. The only time I really get to ride the bike into work is on days when I can almost guarantee that I will not be leaving the office.

Chad

Tom Wilkinson
05-29-2014, 07:04 AM
Leave a car at the office.

cs
05-29-2014, 07:11 AM
I've thought about that but I really need my car at the house when I'm home.

Chad

David W Pratt
05-29-2014, 07:39 AM
IIRC, workman's comp covers you if injured on the way to work, but not on the way home

Captain Intrepid
05-29-2014, 07:48 AM
I imagine it depends on the state, as in Canada it depends on the province. The BC workers comp is pretty good, being a no fault system.

Ted Hoppe
05-29-2014, 12:28 PM
My commute varies here... going 30 miles in a car can mean as much as 2 hour each way. A bike cuts it down to less than 40 in rush hour due to HOV diamond lane.

Wife left town for business....might be going to look a new commuter bike today. In my fantasy world - I would to ditch the car most days saving me as much as 15 hours a week. I think a pair of pelican 1550 cases plus a 1450 top case - they aren't pretty but quite durable, functional and quickly replaceable. Heated grips, seat and audio system would round the package. I just need to talk the wife into the "practicality" of the situation.

http://jtice.com/motorcycles/dl650_side_cases/2012-04-26-201727-XL.jpg

jpb54
05-29-2014, 12:36 PM
I would think unless they supply your transportation , this will get shot down in court .