PDA

View Full Version : So you think you got it rough?

cs
05-28-2014, 06:53 AM
Imagine if you will the government kicks you out of your house and then burns it down. So you up and load your family in the car and head out. Once at your new location you live in a hut while you build your new house. You finish right as winter sets in and no sooner have you moved in and the neighbors start shooting at you and force you to leave. So you sell your land and leave. Once at your new destination you sell your car and buy a boat and head off to start a new life in a new place. But lo and behold as soon as it comes in sight your boat strikes a log and sinks.

Yeah that would be a bitch.

Chad

Ian McColgin
05-28-2014, 06:57 AM
Is this about refugees that did not make it to Australia or the US or Italy?

cs
05-28-2014, 06:59 AM
No it is actually about some folks that live in Alaska. I saw this way stupid show on Discovery last night, Bush People.

Chad

skuthorp
05-28-2014, 07:01 AM
Idea here at the moment is to lock them up in some other country and allow the locals to shoot at them.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-05-27/g4s-recording-contradicts-senate-submission-on-manus-riot/5479224

changeng
05-28-2014, 07:03 AM

I think they made it to PNG and got murdered by the australian government didn't they? or something?

changeng
05-28-2014, 07:07 AM
Idea here at the moment is to lock them up in some other country and allow the locals to shoot at them.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-05-27/g4s-recording-contradicts-senate-submission-on-manus-riot/5479224

Ah I thought I heard something like that, and you have little kids locked away on some godforsaken island too. How come you Aussies are treating these people so mean? You are signatories to the UN ref convention ...no?

The Bigfella
05-28-2014, 07:21 AM

I think they made it to PNG and got murdered by the australian government didn't they? or something?

The murder was reportedly committed by god's man on the spot.... a Salvation Army guy apparently smashed his head in with a rock

The Bigfella
05-28-2014, 07:24 AM
Ah I thought I heard something like that, and you have little kids locked away on some godforsaken island too. How come you Aussies are treating these people so mean? You are signatories to the UN ref convention ...no?

Want to compare humanitarian refugee resettlement rates?

Perhaps you could tell me what's so mean about stopping a people smuggling trade with a 2% death rate? Would you allow that to continue? The lefties here killed over 1,200 men, women and children with their open borders policy. The blood is on their hands.

changeng
05-28-2014, 07:32 AM
Want to compare humanitarian refugee resettlement rates?

Perhaps you could tell me what's so mean about stopping a people smuggling trade with a 2% death rate? Would you allow that to continue? The lefties here killed over 1,200 men, women and children with their open borders policy. The blood is on their hands.

Not a matter of left or right. Are you locking up children on a remote island or not?

I suppose I better do some fact checking. I would be very surprised if Australia was treating people this way. Australia has always been seen here as a generous good hearted kind of place (considering the recent (post WW2 migrants that populated the place :rolleyes:)

The Bigfella
05-28-2014, 07:44 AM
Not a matter of left or right. Are you locking up children on a remote island or not?

I suppose I better do some fact checking. I would be very surprised if Australia was treating people this way. Australia has always been seen here as a generous good hearted kind of place (considering the recent (post WW2 migrants that populated the place :rolleyes:)

It is indeed a generous, good hearted kind of place. IIRC we have the third highest per capita rate of humanitarian refugee resettlements. I'd have thought that stopping economic migrants drowning would have been seen as good hearted too.

The Bigfella
05-28-2014, 07:45 AM
We used to have someone around here who could never understand that, though. Meli just didn't get it.

changeng
05-28-2014, 08:00 AM
It is indeed a generous, good hearted kind of place. IIRC we have the third highest per capita rate of humanitarian refugee resettlements. I'd have thought that stopping economic migrants drowning would have been seen as good hearted too.

Is your Government locking children up on a remote island or not?

Oh well. I just googled Australia Children Refugees and this is one of the things that came up.
From the Australian Human Rights Commission no less.

Under Australia’s system of mandatory immigration detention, all non-citizens who are in Australia without a valid visa must be detained. This includes children.
The vast majority of children who are in immigration detention are children who arrived in Australia by boat, seeking asylum. Some of them came with family members, but some of them came alone.
There have been significant improvements over recent years, including the transfer of many children into community – based alternatives to closed detention. However, the Commission continues to have serious concerns about the impact of Australia’s mandatory immigration detention system on children, and Australia's compliance with its obligations under the Convention on the Rights of the Child.

https://www.humanrights.gov.au/children-immigration-detention

Well that didn't take much effort

Gerarddm
05-28-2014, 08:01 AM
The OP brings to mind that I have it reasonably well. In the cosmic scale of things, there is Bill Gates on one end and some poor Pakistani peasant on the other. Since I think my location on the scale is closer to Bill Gates than that Pakistani peasant, things are reasonably well.

I assume that bush family is being paid to be filmed, so things can't be completely down the tubes.

cs
05-28-2014, 08:01 AM
And I wonder what any of this has in connection with a stupid reality show on Discovery?

Chad

cs
05-28-2014, 08:02 AM
The OP brings to mind that I have it reasonably well. In the cosmic scale of things, there is Bill Gates on one end and some poor Pakistani peasant on the other. Since I think my location on the scale is closer to Bill Gates than that Pakistani peasant, things are reasonably well.

I assume that bush family is being paid to be filmed, so things can't be completely down the tubes.

I've always wondered how much these "reality" stars get paid.

Chad

changeng
05-28-2014, 08:03 AM
And I wonder what any of this has in connection with a stupid reality show on Discovery?

Chad

I dunno. I didn't watch it :D

Grilling the high and mighty Aussies is funner :D

Ian Mc started it :p

cs
05-28-2014, 08:06 AM
I think that maybe some need to visit the link below. Under the "adult" section they just might find what they need. :d

http://melbourne.backpage.com/

Chad

changeng
05-28-2014, 08:12 AM
Aww no fair, them Aussies is always picking on our wunnerful country.
Ian (mc) and Skut just gave us a secret weapon. They are seriously in breach of their UN obligation to refugees ...Who'd a thunk ???nah nah Nyah :p