PDA

View Full Version : Weather here finally cooperating, sort of

John Smith
05-27-2014, 07:51 AM
After man days of "almost" nice and either rain or the threat of rain, it is suddenly like summer here, and no rain appears to be coming. Unfortunately, it kind of jumped to hot and without much chance to get used to it, it's a bit uncomfortable out in the sun.

Seems complaints have been coming for many years about how we skip spring.

David W Pratt
05-27-2014, 09:52 AM
Quite a few of the last several years have omitted Spring

elf
05-27-2014, 10:20 AM
I've had a perfectly wonderful spring, been able to pick lilacs and bring them in the house for nearly a week now, my irises are charging along (except that they need to be divided so some are struggling), my winter aconite was a bit late, my 2 patches of lily of the valley are more than 10 feet in diameter, the pink lily of the valley which a friend gave me just by yanking it up, has settled in and will mark the place where Sebastian is buried, my yard has smelled of sweet perfumes for the last week, the peonies are getting ready to bloom, the poppies are on the verge as well, the sage is setting flowers, the forsythia is over for a little more than a week now.

And today feels like the first day of summer. All I need is a big breeze to make it feel like late spring again!

And Wunderground claims that rain will be coming to Wickford by 2pm.

John Smith
05-27-2014, 11:57 AM
I thought I'd go out and do some various chores. Like walking into a sauna.

We do have cloud cover; gray to dark. I'm sure there's rain coming from some of them.