PDA

View Full Version : Why Older Men don't get hired.

paulf
05-24-2014, 02:03 AM
WHY OLDER MEN DON'T GET HIRED

Job Interview:

Human Resources Manager:

"What is your greatest weakness?"

Older Man : "Honesty."

Human Resources Manager:

"I don't really think honesty is a weakness."

Older Man : "I don't really give a **** what you think."

Gerarddm
05-24-2014, 02:18 AM
Hah!

Waddie
05-24-2014, 02:20 AM
Very funny !!! And correct !!

Now that I'm retired I find myself saying whatever I want - in public no less! (not to the wife) I don't have to worry that something I say might get me fired, and I tolerate fools a lot less now. Sometimes it even works; I recently went over to a neighbor who for years has been leaving his trash at the curb stuffed into cardboard boxes or whatever he can find and it blows out of them all over the neighborhood. I asked if he was too poor to buy some frickin' trash bags, then I offered to buy him some. Next trash day everything was neatly bagged!! Of course, he doesn't wave to me anymore............ idiot.

regards,
Waddie

The Bigfella
05-24-2014, 02:50 AM
Good ones

skuthorp
05-24-2014, 03:13 AM
Seriously, the HR manager is often in their mid20's to mid 30's. You look like dad or grandpa. Would you have hired their grandpa in your late 20's? Then there's the CV, on paper or notional, it's a threat to the person doing the hiring.

PeterSibley
05-24-2014, 03:21 AM
It's worth mentioning that Australians aren't going to be able to claim the Age Pension until they are 70. Getting a job is going to be a challenge for older white collar workers, let alone carpenters and brickies . :(

skuthorp
05-24-2014, 03:55 AM
"Businesses will receive up to $10,000 for employing workers older than 50 who have been on income support for six months or more, with the establishment ofRestart, meaning there will be stronger incentives to hire older workers."
http://jbh.ministers.treasury.gov.au/media-release/021-2014/

How many will be there by the time annual leave is due do you reckon Peter?

PeterSibley
05-24-2014, 04:02 AM
I'd say rather a large number will prove unsatisfactory at around 6 months.

The Bigfella
05-24-2014, 05:16 AM
Kerriiiist... its a joke thread.... and this pair of old wombats are still bitchin' about the budget. Get yer heads out of the wombat hole guys