PDA

View Full Version : A new low in political advertising, as if that were possible.

Keith Wilson
05-22-2014, 05:45 PM
Posters put up by Gregg Abbott's campaign; he's the Republican running for Governor of Texas against Wendy Davis. No comment needed. :mad:

http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/files/2014/05/ABORTION-BARBIE-570.jpg

I'm going to send her some money.

John Smith
05-22-2014, 05:47 PM
Another effort I believe will backfire.

LeeG
05-22-2014, 06:10 PM
Posters put up by Gregg Abbott's campaign; he's the Republican running for Governor of Texas against Wendy Davis. No comment needed. :mad:

http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/files/2014/05/ABORTION-BARBIE-570.jpg

I'm going to send her some money.

I did last year after seeing what crazy stuff was happening there

Gerarddm
05-22-2014, 06:39 PM
I think I will too, Keith, thanks.

They are clueless that women aren't taking notice of their war on women.

George Jung
05-22-2014, 06:46 PM
I'm not sure that's true; from what I've seen (my SIL/BIL live in Dallas), (many of ) the women there are just as wacked as the men

oznabrag
05-22-2014, 06:50 PM
I'm not sure that's true; from what I've seen (my SIL/BIL live in Dallas), (many of ) the women there are just as wacked as the men

Yup.

They're wackeder.

They're also completely ruthless.

George Jung
05-22-2014, 07:08 PM
Oh yeah. It scares the crap outta me when my SIL gets that manic 'smile'..... a rippin' is headed my way! (and I can't run as fast as I used to)

Think this: http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=conan+the+barbarian+%27drive+their+women+&qs=n&form=VBREQY&pq=conan+the+barbarian+%27drive+their+women+&sc=0-1&sp=-1&sk=&first=1#view=detail&mid=812A4A0C07E90C6980B1812A4A0C07E90C6980B1

paulf
05-22-2014, 08:02 PM
Are you sure he put them up? If so it's despicable!

If not, and her campaign put them up to generate money and anger it would also be despicable. Unless there is evidence or he admits to the scummy poster how can you know?

These are the tactics of politics and wa,r one way or the other scum is always involved.

Ian McColgin
05-22-2014, 08:08 PM
Yes he put them up. The horrible thing is that there are so many Texans who really are reactionary sexist pigs with utterly not concept oh real honor, just an inflated delicate ego that they pretend is honor, and those crass worms will respond to this sort of ad. They might even muster a majority, given how craven the population of Texas is.

I know, by the way that there are some very fine folk living in Texas. They just don't set the tone.

Durnik
05-22-2014, 08:12 PM

I gotta go with this - & John's rejoinder. The (religious) women are worse. I'm reminded of the Jews in concentration camps being the strictest enforcers of the rules shackling them.

peace
bobby

hanleyclifford
05-22-2014, 08:15 PM
Yes he put them up. The horrible thing is that there are so many Texans who really are reactionary sexist pigs with utterly not concept oh real honor, just an inflated delicate ego that they pretend is honor, and those crass worms will respond to this sort of ad. They might even muster a majority, given how craven the population of Texas is.

I know, by the way that there are some very fine folk living in Texas. They just don't set the tone. No, Ian; what is "crass" is ripping a living being out of it's mother's body.

Keith Wilson
05-22-2014, 08:16 PM
Are you sure he put them up? If so it's despicable!It seems not. More information: The posters were put up in LA in advance of a Wendy Davis fundraiser, not in Texas. It seems to have been done by Abbott supporters, not the campaign itself. Article in the Dallas paper here. (http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/2014/05/abortion-barbie-posters-depicting-wendy-davis-as-a-pregnant-barbie-doll-appear-in-los-angeles.html/)

Ian McColgin
05-22-2014, 08:18 PM
Well, if the Republicans want to campaign honestly on an anti-abortion, anti-birth control platform . . .

But they don't. That's why they lie about the platform but use the disgusting imagery.

hanleyclifford
05-22-2014, 08:22 PM
Well, if the Republicans want to campaign honestly on an anti-abortion, anti-birth control platform . . .

But they don't. That's why they lie about the platform but use the disgusting imagery. I don't have any strong opinion about government involvement in the decision making, but I am sure the reality is just as disgusting as the imagery.

Ian McColgin
05-22-2014, 08:25 PM
It's certainly true that abortion is a dreadful choise, not taken trivially. Sort of like the imagery of the horrors of death by coat hanger abortions which both of us are old enough to remember.

hanleyclifford
05-22-2014, 08:29 PM
It's certainly true that abortion is a dreadful choise, not taken trivially. Sort of like the imagery of the horrors of death by coat hanger abortions which both of us are old enough to remember. That said, I do agree that the poster is in poor taste and inflamatory to say the least.

Keith Wilson
05-22-2014, 08:31 PM
Right. One can oppose abortion and still think that poster is unacceptable.

RonW
05-22-2014, 08:51 PM
I say great. I love mudslinging politics. If it gets them elected, fine, if it backfires on them that is fine as well. Look back at politics before we became civil..

Obviously the more civil approach in electing our politicians is obviously a flawed system for the last 50 years. So let's get down..