PDA

View Full Version : Censorship and Punishment?

Chip-skiff
05-22-2014, 02:59 PM
This morning, there was a Free Lefty thread by Duncan Gibbs . I posted a comment, devoid of insult and naming no names. At that point there was nothing that could be construed as offensive or abusive per the stated rules of the Forum.

A few hours later, the thread is gone, deleted (I'd guess) by the administrator, not for infractions but to suppress the content.

I wonder how long this thread will last?

Not sure what has inspired this reign of invisible terror, but I do intend to contact the publisher/owner about this.

BrianY
05-22-2014, 03:04 PM
This morning, there was a Free Lefty thread by Duncan Gibbs and another about the recent flare-up. I posted the same comment, devoid of insult and naming no names, to both. At that point there was nothing that could be construed as offensive or abusive per the stated rules of the Forum.

A few hours later, both threads are gone, deleted (I'd guess) by the administrator, not for infractions but to suppress the content.

Not sure what has inspired this reign of invisible terror, but I do intend to contact the publisher/owner about this.

Dude, contact the publisher/owner all you want but the fact is that they have every right to delete anything and everything they want for whatever reason they want to as this is THEIR PROPERTY. We're they guests and if they don't like what we say, how we say or anything else - anything at all - about us, they're 100% within their rights to throw us out and there's not a thing you or anyone else can do about it.

Chip-skiff
05-22-2014, 03:08 PM
Dude, contact the publisher/owner all you want but the fact is that they have every right to delete anything and everything they want for whatever reason they want to as this is THEIR PROPERTY. We're they guests and if they don't like what we say, how we say or anything else - anything at all - about us, they're 100% within their rights to throw us out and there's not a thing you or anyone else can do about it.

Strictly legal rights are not necessarily consistent with justice, compassion, humane treatment, or any of the values that support and maintain a livable social network.

What I can do about it is to say that you seem to lack any genuine moral values apart from your defense of property, wealth, etc.

p.s. I am a cowboy, horse packer, range rider, and grazing cop. Never been any sort of dude.

Bobby of Tulsa
05-22-2014, 03:09 PM
^That aint zactly true. The dollar speaks louder than the Scot.

Chip-skiff
05-22-2014, 03:12 PM
If this thread is deleted, I'll cancel my subscription. How's that?

Keith Wilson
05-22-2014, 03:36 PM
. . . but the fact is that they have every right to delete anything and everything they want for whatever reason they want to . . . They can. That doesn't mean they should. Some lifetime bannings have been eminently well-deserved. Some, well, not so much.

Ian McColgin
05-22-2014, 03:37 PM
The Bilge is about inevitable. If it's not here, it will be sneaking into the other decks. It's like sitting around the wood stove at coffee break. A little woodenboat yard stuff and lots of bad sex jokes, political jibes, and some actual value conversation. I love the Bilge. I regret those who succomb to Internet Touretts here but if it affects them, the banning even of those I rather love, even if they fell for it due to the provocations of those more skillful, is possibly good for them. Not everyone can float like a butterfly. Better they go before they are squashed.

BrianY
05-22-2014, 03:40 PM
Strictly legal rights are not necessarily consistent with justice, compassion, humane treatment, or any of the values that support and maintain a livable social network.

What I can do about it is to say that you seem to lack any genuine moral values apart from your defense of property, wealth, etc.

p.s. I am a cowboy, horse packer, range rider, and grazing cop. Never been any sort of dude.

yes, everyone here knows that I'm a rabid defender of "property, wealth, etc." totally lacking in any moral values. You've got me pegged, yessiree :rolleyes:

I am confused as to why you think that your pointing that out helps your cause with the management. Your complaint about having some of your posts deleted certainly won't be resolved by your insulting me, but hey, if it makes you feel better.....

In any case, go ahead and complain to the WoodenBoat management. Express your idignant outrage, vent your spleen at the injustice of having your words ripped off the screen and discarded like yesterdays fish wrappers. Oh the inhumanity of it all! It sooo unfair! :o I sure that they will see the error of their ways and repent immediately. After all, posts on an internet forum are a TERRIBLE thing to waste!!!

Chip-skiff
05-22-2014, 03:47 PM
Take a deep breath, get a grip, and eschew hyperbole for at least few minutes.

BrianY
05-22-2014, 04:02 PM
They can. That doesn't mean they should. Some lifetime bannings have been eminently well-deserved. Some, well, not so much.

Perhaps so, but I believe that the responsible grown up thing to do is to contact Scott directly - not post "Free So-and-So" threads on the fourm - and ask politely that the offender be reinstated rather than procliaming loudly about non-existent "rights" and "reigns of terror" and such.

We're guests. We should behave like guests.

Fred Z
05-22-2014, 04:05 PM
Chip, there is an unwritten law that any "Free (whoever)" thread gets tossed by Scot. Been that way for a while now. I doubt Duncan, Lefty, or you were targeted - just that type of thread gets squashed.

Keith Wilson
05-22-2014, 04:45 PM
Under certain circumstances, urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.

- Mark TwainBut not in The Bilge.

Peerie Maa
05-22-2014, 05:25 PM
^ and Teflon remains pretending surprise when people on threads he joins get banned.

We are guests in a strange place.

Flying Orca
05-22-2014, 05:46 PM
^ and Teflon remains pretending surprise when people on threads he joins get banned.

This.

oznabrag
05-22-2014, 06:48 PM
This.

Google Donald Segretti.

Curtism
05-22-2014, 06:52 PM
Google Donald Segretti.

OMG, the perfect model.

Canoeyawl
05-22-2014, 07:04 PM
In 2000, Segretti served as co-chair of John McCain's presidential campaign in Orange County.

Chip-skiff
05-22-2014, 08:19 PM
I got a PM from a member who claimed that his post had been altered by admin, i.e. words, phrases, and entire sentences had been cut out, to change the meaning.

That seems pretty far out of bounds, even for the WBF.

George Jung
05-22-2014, 08:26 PM
Nice heresay; but that's all. Looks like this place is in 'let's do us a lynchin'!' kind of mood.

Curtism
05-22-2014, 08:29 PM
I heard the same thing, Chip. If it's so , wev'e got real problems.

johnw
05-22-2014, 09:40 PM

Why can't people learn to use the ignore function?

Glen Longino
05-22-2014, 09:55 PM
Why can't people learn to use the ignore function?

But then you won't know who to be rude to!;)

Paul Girouard
05-22-2014, 09:57 PM
This morning, there was a Free Lefty thread by Duncan Gibbs . I posted a comment, devoid of insult and naming no names. At that point there was nothing that could be construed as offensive or abusive per the stated rules of the Forum.

A few hours later, the thread is gone, deleted (I'd guess) by the administrator, not for infractions but to suppress the content.

Not sure what has inspired this reign of <<<<<<invisible terror>>>>> , but I do intend to contact the publisher/owner about this.

Take a deep breath, get a grip, and eschew hyperbole for at least few minutes.

I heard the same thing, Chip. If it's so , wev'e <<<<<got real problems>>>>.

Well Chip you set the standard pretty high in post #1 with the "invisible terror" thing , LMAO, REALLY , you think Scott deleting a thread of a post on WBF is "invisible terror"?? But abortion on demand is "a women's right to choose"!

So , ah hey dude , err,,,, I mean COWBOY, you better take a deep breath LMAO!

George Jung
05-22-2014, 10:17 PM
That would be "hearsay," but it isn't. It's been going on as long as I've been here. Scot frequently simply deletes foul language, insults and such instead of taking more drastic action.

I was pleased to be phonetically within shooting range!:p AFA the rest - that's a far cry from 'changing some ones post so as to have an entirely different meaning' - that is, unless profanity is key (an entirely different topic).

Fred Z
05-22-2014, 10:21 PM
. . . 'changing some ones post so as to have an entirely different meaning' . . .

Scot did exactly that to one of my posts a couple years ago. No big deal - I deleted it.

The Bigfella
05-22-2014, 10:28 PM
Scot did exactly that to one of my posts a couple years ago. No big deal - I deleted it.

Hey Fred, is that tag on your avatar a personal attack?

Fred Z
05-22-2014, 10:29 PM
No.

The Bigfella
05-22-2014, 10:30 PM
I had a thread started for me by Paul and an antogonist decided to post some pretty vile lies about the nature my post that saw me whacked. I asked Scot via email to remove said post and he did not. I go to bed and wake up to find my thread gone. The danger is that the forum will lose social currency and REAL value quickly. Indeed I believe it already has to some degree. Jim Ledger posts less and less here. PMJ refuses to repost his terrific Supersport resto thread. Smalser has gone and a whole host of other individuals who used to give this board it's real worth. Doug worked for Krenov. Who else here has?

Damn... I miss all the real fun when I'm in this time zone. Who had a go at you? Not me, btw... for those who automatically assume that.

btw... would you mind confirming that it was you that Allison was attacking when she got her lifetime ban?

The Bigfella
05-22-2014, 10:32 PM
No.

Excellent. Had it been, it would have changed my opinion of Miata drivers forever (sorry Lew :d)

seanz
05-22-2014, 10:58 PM
Yes George, the risk you take posting on this forum (all of it) is that your words might not be your own. It really should be in the FAQs.
For all we know Ian is lying dead out the back of a Cambodian whorehouse in a shallow grave and Scot is posting using his log-in.

Just sayin.

:)

See, a smilie.

The Bigfella
05-22-2014, 11:06 PM
Yes George, the risk you take posting on this forum (all of it) is that your words might not be your own. It really should be in the FAQs.
For all we know Ian is lying dead out the back of a Cambodian whorehouse in a shallow grave and Scot is posting using his log-in.

Just sayin.

See, a smilie.

See... you know nuthin'. The price in Cambodia (for getting rid of someone) is $100. They'd never, ever waste the protein by burying the body. They either leave you where they shoot or gut you (an American friend has witnessed both in recent years).... or they get rid of the evidence in the pig pen.

Durnik
05-23-2014, 12:17 AM

Well sure, that's easy for _you_ to say! ;-)

seriously, while I have no, zero, zip problems with profanity or even insults, I abhor any form of censorship - esp the 'rewriting' of someones post. That, is wrong.

enjoy
bobby

The Bigfella
05-23-2014, 12:21 AM
Well sure, that's easy for _you_ to say! ;-)

seriously, while I have no, zero, zip problems with profanity or even insults, I abhor any form of censorship - esp the 'rewriting' of someones post. That, is wrong.

enjoy
bobby

Yeah... seanz has been known to do that to people's "quotes" from time to time. Slack, isn't it?

Durnik
05-23-2014, 12:52 AM
Yeah... BigFella has been known to write mindless drivel from time to time. Slack, isn't it?

FTFY..

That's _not_ '"editing someone else's quotes". It's satirizing - with attribution. _Your_ original statement (http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?177687-Censorship-and-Punishment&p=4168256#post4168256) was in no way changed, see?

Hard to believe a seemingly intelligent & educated person can be that unaware. Shame, too - the 90's are over. Way too late to take out a loan & buy a clue.

bobby

pipefitter
05-23-2014, 01:12 AM
I try to think of it in terms of black eyes or fat lips. Most of the things said here without that little inconvenience essentially makes this a bonus round.

Face it. You're here because you can't really carry on like what we see here anywhere else. Your own loved ones likely wouldn't listen to it and have already told you to stuff it. I'd say that makes things pretty much even. The forum life, or the internet, really doesn't owe anyone any such consideration. :)

The Bigfella
05-23-2014, 03:52 AM
FTFY..

That's _not_ '"editing someone else's quotes". It's satirizing - with attribution. _Your_ original statement (http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?177687-Censorship-and-Punishment&p=4168256#post4168256) was in no way changed, see?

Hard to believe a seemingly intelligent & educated person can be that unaware. Shame, too - the 90's are over. Way too late to take out a loan & buy a clue.

bobby

I believe if you wish to retrieve your satirizing bone, that you'll find its been relocated somewhere into a fundamental orifice

Its satirizing with miss-attribution.

Chris Coose
05-23-2014, 05:47 AM
This morning, there was a Free Lefty thread by Duncan Gibbs .

The guy committed suicide (had been threatening it for at least a year) and took his sht with him.

Didn't have much to do with Woodenboat.

changeng
05-23-2014, 06:16 AM
Who? Lefty?
If that's who you mean you are mistaken.

I've been lurking in here for years.

My observation.
Well everyone knows that Lefty and The Big Fella have issues.

a few months ago lefty got banned.

Suddenly, the big fella starts posting in the Pub, something he had rarely done before.
Posting huge pictures of his trips.
He contributed no music or the usual friendly banter.. just big pictures of himself and the stuff he usually posts on his trip threads together with a f.ew snide remarks about Leftlys absence and how lefty should behave in future.
This of course did not go down very well with the regulars.
who basically told him to go away.

BF persisted on a daily basis .
A fer fights ensue..

Lefty gets unbanned and attempts to regain control of his pub.. making a number of cracks about a bad smell..
Things continue with most of the regulars either trying to ignore the seething hostilities.

Lefty then decides to pointedly ignore the big fella.
The big fella then turns his kindly attentions to BOT, advising him about his illness and "jovially" taunting him about his diet.. (BF is made aware of BOT's terminal illness by several Pubsters and asked to lay off) The BF decides that he is being bullied and says so and continues to have rather unpleasant exchanges with BOT (who is angry) telling him that his advise is for his own good etc

A number of Pubsters, including the gentle Syed, reprimand the big fella.
Now it gets really out of control.

I think Curt said something about the OZ pol thread going down the gurgler because the big feller deleted it.
BF replied "all I heard was a single quiet click"

The pub became unmanageable. various people including myself appealed to Scot to intervene.. to no avail.

I assume Lefty deleted the thread before it became so toxic that it's memory was tainted.

Well .. that's my observations. probably out of synch but the honest gist of it.

I suppose I will be in for a hammering now .

TomF
05-23-2014, 06:25 AM
From my perspective, both changeng and CC are correct.

The feud was maddening, and leaves a lingering taste. And some of Lefty's "satirical" posts have taken a rougher edge over the past many months too - not just towards his nemesis. Inadvertently hurting a few here.

I'll miss Doug, and count him a friend. But I've been worried periodically that something else was eating him, and just being expressed here accidentally.

Chris Coose
05-23-2014, 06:36 AM
Reminds me of that joke:

What's a hurricane in Mississippi and a divorce in Stuben, ME got in common?
Somebody's gonna lose a trailer.

The bilge was subject to both. Once they morphed and landed on the "Woodenboat Magazine" section an abrupt ending occurred.

changeng
05-23-2014, 06:40 AM
From my perspective, both changeng and CC are correct.

The feud was maddening, and leaves a lingering taste. And some of Lefty's "satirical" posts have taken a rougher edge over the past many months too - not just towards his nemesis. Inadvertently hurting a few here.

I'll miss Doug, and count him a friend. But I've been worried periodically that something else was eating him, and just being expressed here accidentally.

I rang doug a couple of day's before this.. he seemed good.

Peerie Maa
05-23-2014, 07:07 AM
That would be "hearsay," but it isn't. It's been going on as long as I've been here. Scot frequently simply deletes foul language, insults and such instead of taking more drastic action.

Donn,
The issue in this case is that someone added text. No deleting of profanity, but adding text to an innocuous post.

That sort of hacking is out of order.

changeng
05-23-2014, 07:13 AM
Sounds a bit paranoid.. but if true a letter to WBF CEO would be in order.

Peerie Maa
05-23-2014, 07:35 AM
I rang doug a couple of day's before this.. he seemed good.

Sounds a bit paranoid.. but if true a letter to WBF CEO would be in order.

It was Lefty's post, you are in contact, why not discuss it?

Chris Woodward
05-23-2014, 07:45 AM
Who? Lefty?
If that's who you mean you are mistaken.

I've been lurking in here for years.

My observation.
Well everyone knows that Lefty and The Big Fella have issues.

a few months ago lefty got banned.

Suddenly, the big fella starts posting in the Pub, something he had rarely done before.
Posting huge pictures of his trips.
He contributed no music or the usual friendly banter.. just big pictures of himself and the stuff he usually posts on his trip threads together with a f.ew snide remarks about Leftlys absence and how lefty should behave in future.
This of course did not go down very well with the regulars.
who basically told him to go away.

BF persisted on a daily basis .
A fer fights ensue..

Lefty gets unbanned and attempts to regain control of his pub.. making a number of cracks about a bad smell..
Things continue with most of the regulars either trying to ignore the seething hostilities.

Lefty then decides to pointedly ignore the big fella.
The big fella then turns his kindly attentions to BOT, advising him about his illness and "jovially" taunting him about his diet.. (BF is made aware of BOT's terminal illness by several Pubsters and asked to lay off) The BF decides that he is being bullied and says so and continues to have rather unpleasant exchanges with BOT (who is angry) telling him that his advise is for his own good etc

A number of Pubsters, including the gentle Syed, reprimand the big fella.
Now it gets really out of control.

I think Curt said something about the OZ pol thread going down the gurgler because the big feller deleted it.
BF replied "all I heard was a single quiet click"

The pub became unmanageable. various people including myself appealed to Scot to intervene.. to no avail.

I assume Lefty deleted the thread before it became so toxic that it's memory was tainted.

Well .. that's my observations. probably out of synch but the honest gist of it.

I suppose I will be in for a hammering now .

Truth

George Jung
05-23-2014, 07:47 AM
I've lost posts, and entire threads (inconceiveable, right?) - but have never seen any ones original post altered. Doesn't mean it hasn't happened - just haven't observed it, first hand.

I have seen others 'quoted' creatively. But that's not what's been claimed.

Chris Woodward
05-23-2014, 07:48 AM
And when Bigfella took over the Pub in Left's "absence" it was his stated aim that he " would bring civility and harmony to the Pub" one way or another. Whether he was requested by Admin to do this or he undertook this mission on his own remains unclear.

George Jung
05-23-2014, 07:52 AM
I 'missed out' the fireworks changeng recounted. If it happened in such a manner - that's awful.

Have to admit - I'm surprised, and more than disappointed, that anyone in this community would work so hard to disrupt it. And it does take two (or more) - to screw things up.

And for the record - yes, Allison was incredibly nasty, and disruptive, and stalked me before focusing her energies elsewhere. That any here feel her absence a 'negative' is unbelieveable. IMO..

changeng
05-23-2014, 07:56 AM
It was Lefty's post, you are in contact, why not discuss it?

I didn't know it was lefty's post. didn't see it. a few others have made the claim too.
If this is really going on, I cant see it being anyone else but the adnin making the changes. if that is so.. a jointly signed letter to the WBF ceo is not out of order.
I have more going on in my life than to make a special call to ask, but I will if I need to call him again. last time I called him it was to ask about the wellbeing of Skipper.

changeng
05-23-2014, 07:58 AM
I 'missed out' the fireworks changeng recounted. If it happened in such a manner - that's awful.

Have to admit - I'm surprised, and more than disappointed, that anyone in this community would work so hard to disrupt it. And it does take two (or more) - to screw things up.

And for the record - yes, Allison was incredibly nasty, and disruptive, and stalked me before focusing her energies elsewhere. That any here feel her absence a 'negative' is unbelieveable. IMO..

Not your fault George. You would have to be a Pub dweller 95% of your time here to have noticed it. :)

changeng
05-23-2014, 08:01 AM
And when Bigfella took over the Pub in Left's "absence" it was his stated aim that he " would bring civility and harmony to the Pub" one way or another. Whether he was requested by Admin to do this or he undertook this mission on his own remains unclear.

Yes, he made a few statements like that. revolting

Tom Montgomery
05-23-2014, 08:31 AM
I've lost posts, and entire threads (inconceiveable, right?) - but have never seen any ones original post altered. Doesn't mean it hasn't happened - just haven't observed it, first hand.
I have witnessed it first hand. It happened to Joe (CSOH). Joe was very upset about it. All part of the reason he no longer posts here, I suspect. That and the malicious trolls.

Curtism
05-23-2014, 08:34 AM

I was there for far too much of it and it went just as Chang, Cris W and others described.

At some point along that time frame I took a kick at 'someones' cat which apparently didn't go over well, since that was weeks ago and he still hasn't quit ragging on me about it. Watch, he'll be along to regurgitate some bile about a "theory" of mine that I got wrong. And he'll make the suggestion that I was wrong once, and probably wrong about everything else.

That began when I'd had my fill of his antics and vented some frustration towards him. He misrepresented my comments, twisted them up in pure Murdochian fashion, proved there were flaws in his new fabrication and has since demanded I apologize to him for a damn lie he's told, several times now.

And I suppose, like others we've seen who drew his mis-affections, he'll follow me around and insult me every chance he gets. Check back in a few months and see if I'm wrong.

Don't take my word for it though, how long has Allison been gone now? And he's still carping about how he was wronged.

I'm done with him and his insipid games.

The Bigfella
05-23-2014, 10:36 AM
What a lot of puerile rubbish.

The point that I made... in the Pub, was that I got sick of insipid attacks on me there in my absence from the place... so I was happy to pop in and say G'day. Time and again, various folks decided to launch attacks. I never once launched an attack in there... but I never backed down from one. Time and again, I asked the accusers... show me where I've initiated an attack. Never. Never did they. Because I didn't.

I never turn my back on a bully. I think they are the scum of the earth. Always have, always will. I've been able, due to my physical presence, stop many bullying attacks "in real life" - on trains, at school even. I have a child, who I hope picked up on some of that and who, for his work in the same area was nominated for "Australian of the Year" for his work on that issue. There's a swag of folks on here, however, who are nothing but bullies.

Anyone wonder why Scot never banned me through any of this? The button was pushed on me time after time after time.

Scot's no fool. He's seen them all come and go. Now even the sock puppet reincarnations are having a shot. Shame on you.

oznabrag
05-23-2014, 10:37 AM

I have seen others 'quoted' creatively. But that's not what's been claimed.

This behavior does not surprise me one bit.

Coals to Newcastle. There was never any trouble in the Pub until that person showed up.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

I have witnessed it first hand. It happened to Joe (CSOH). Joe was very upset about it. All part of the reason he no longer posts here, I suspect. That and the malicious trolls.

I was there for far too much of it and it went just as Chang, Cris W and others described.

At some point along that time frame I took a kick at 'someones' cat which apparently didn't go over well, since that was weeks ago and he still hasn't quit ragging on me about it. Watch, he'll be along to regurgitate some bile about a "theory" of mine that I got wrong. And he'll make the suggestion that I was wrong once, and probably wrong about everything else.

That began when I'd had my fill of his antics and vented some frustration towards him. He misrepresented my comments, twisted them up in pure Murdochian fashion, proved there were flaws in his new fabrication and has since demanded I apologize to him for a damn lie he's told, several times now.

And I suppose, like others we've seen who drew his mis-affections, he'll follow me around and insult me every chance he gets. Check back in a few months and see if I'm wrong.

Don't take my word for it though, how long has Allison been gone now? And he's still carping about how he was wronged.

My take? You're done with this forum.

Why? Because Ian can do no wrong, in Scot's eyes, and Scot makes the rules.

S.V. Airlie
05-23-2014, 10:43 AM
Round 2!

Paul Pless
05-23-2014, 10:47 AM

The point that I made... in the Pub, was that I got sick of insipid attacks on me there in my absence from the place...
dude, you've got 46,000+ posts credited to this login alone, plus another what two logins, just how much are you absent from the bilge? two days per month, maybe???

puerile rubbish indeed. . .

The Bigfella
05-23-2014, 10:51 AM

Coals to Newcastle. There was never any trouble in the Pub until that person showed up.

Oh, Ian can do wrong in Scot's eyes... and Ian has been subjected to Scot's wrath.... and Ian wasn't very happy about it at the time because he didn't agree with the interpretation.... but, Ian understands Scot's position and accepts his adjudications.

As for Curtis... I called him on it... he had nothing but bluff and bluster. If you are going to accuse people, you need to be able to back it up... and Curtis can't... so he might as well run away for his own self esteem, if nothing else. He's never able to repeat his accusations, because I can drag the exact same facts out almost immediately... and where does that leave him. Couldn't apologise for his slurs.... can't repeat them. What choice have you got, Curtis?

oznabrag

The point that I made... in the Pub, was that I got sick of insipid attacks on me there in my absence from the place... so I was happy to pop in and say G'day. Time and again, various folks decided to launch attacks. I never once launched an attack in there... but I never backed down from one. Time and again, I asked the accusers... show me where I've initiated an attack. Never. Never did they. Because I didn't.

Yes.

Yes, you did.

I never turn my back on a bully. I think they are the scum of the earth. Always have, always will. I've been able, due to my physical presence, stop many bullying attacks "in real life" - on trains, at school even. I have a child, who I hope picked up on some of that and who, for his work in the same area was nominated for "Australian of the Year" for his work on that issue. There's a swag of folks on here, however, who are nothing but bullies.

Anyone wonder why Scot never banned me through any of this? The button was pushed on me time after time after time.

Scot's no fool. He's seen them all come and go. Now even the sock puppet reincarnations are having a shot. Shame on you.

I'm pretty sure that I've pushed the button on you exactly ONCE, when you stomped in and flung doo all over my happy birthday thread. Oh, and maybe the time you got so irrationally belligerent when I said that cops' jobs are not that dangerous. You went off on me for a dozen posts on that one.

Don't show up at my house and talk to me like that.

That's just good advice! :D

In my opinion, you are a self-centered, ego-maniac boor, Mr. G., and it seems that about 85% of us agree, but Scot's opinion on the matter is Law.

S.V. Airlie
Paul, that doesn't mean much (46000 posts +) I'm at 30 plus and went to or visted the pub maybe five times total.

oznabrag
05-23-2014, 10:54 AM
Oh, Ian can do wrong in Scot's eyes... and Ian has been subjected to Scot's wrath.... and Ian wasn't very happy about it at the time because he didn't agree with the interpretation.... but, Ian understands Scot's position and accepts his adjudications.

WHEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! Referring to yourself in the third person, again?

As for Curtis... I called him on it... he had nothing but bluff and bluster. If you are going to accuse people, you need to be able to back it up... and Curtis can't... so he might as well run away for his own self esteem, if nothing else. He's never able to repeat his accusations, because I can drag the exact same facts out almost immediately... and where does that leave him. Couldn't apologise for his slurs.... can't repeat them. What choice have you got, Curtis?

Somehow, you seem to feel all wronged and slighted all the time.

Gee.

I wonder why that is?

Curtism
05-23-2014, 10:55 AM

You're absolutely correct on all counts, particularly the part I highlighted in bold.

The Bigfella
05-23-2014, 10:56 AM
dude, you've got 46,000+ posts credited to this login alone, plus another what two logins, just how much are you absent from the bilge? two days per month, maybe???

puerile rubbish indeed. . .

You still trying to walk away from that 44 gallon drum of fuel you poured on the fire?

Canoeyawl
05-23-2014, 10:58 AM

I never turn my back on a bully. I think they are the scum of the earth. Always have, always will. I've been able, due to my physical presence, stop many bullying attacks "in real life"

speaking of bullies, are you enjoying the nightlife in the evening, or are you being bullied into staying in your room?

Phew.... beat the curfew by one minute... or maybe a bit less.

The Bigfella
05-23-2014, 11:00 AM

Somehow, you seem to feel all wronged and slighted all the time.

Gee.

I wonder why that is?

Yeah, its fun using a mirror back on folks.

Nah... the issue isn't about me being wronged... you've missed the point, but that's nothing new. The issue is about holding a mirror up to the bullies. Some real toadies need to get off their fat butts and get out into the real world and get a dose of reality.... or is it that so many have just come to realise that life doesn't have a practice lap... and you're coming down the home straight?

The Bigfella
05-23-2014, 11:03 AM
speaking of bullies, are you enjoying the nightlife in the evening, or are you being bullied into staying in your room?

Thanks for asking and caring. I'd been to a dinner party with friends... was invited to stay over, but, hey... I'd have missed the fun here.

bobbys
05-23-2014, 11:53 AM

Who knew he was a pure as the wind driven snow!

bobbys
05-23-2014, 11:57 AM

Not sure what has inspired this reign of invisible terror, but I do intend to contact the publisher/owner about this..

I believe it sez no whining.

Cowboy up partner!

bobbys
05-23-2014, 11:59 AM

Scot's no fool. He's seen them all come and go. Now even the sock puppet reincarnations are having a shot. Shame on you..

A unwritten bilge rule is to jump right into the fray.

As much as I hate to take your side, you are perfectly correct on this.

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
05-23-2014, 12:23 PM

Ignore him, he hates that.

The Bigfella
05-23-2014, 12:25 PM

I've noticed that. I've had him on ignore for ages

05-23-2014, 01:08 PM
See what I mean?
LMAO!!!

Paul Pless
05-23-2014, 01:13 PM
I'm done with him and his insipid games.insipid? or puerile?? ;)

Curtism
05-23-2014, 01:25 PM

I know, and you'll never guess who first put me onto that.

Curtism
05-23-2014, 01:26 PM
insipid? or puerile?? ;)

Take your pick, and if you don't like either of those, try incessant.

Chip-skiff
05-23-2014, 01:35 PM
Time and again, I asked the accusers... show me where I've initiated an attack.

I never turn my back on a bully. I think they are the scum of the earth.

I'll answer you this once, in a civil way.

You have attacked me more than once, implying that I was deficient in various personal ways (alcoholism, sexuality, sanity) for daring to disagree with you. For this reason, I've tried to avoid you, not opening your threads nor engaging you.

It's hard for me to believe that you don't recognise, given your troubled relation to Lefty, that your presence in the Pub when he was banned, and continued presence thereafter when he was cautioned by the Admin not to reply, did not constitute an attack. I think it was a planned and sustained assault, despite the ostensible politeness— the worst sort of bullying and harrassment.

If you are unable to recognise that, and the consequences of your behaviour on this Forum, I feel sincerely sorry for you.

bobbys
05-23-2014, 01:39 PM
I never fought with big fella.

05-23-2014, 01:40 PM
Very well said Chip.
Too bad he won't get it.

bobbys
05-23-2014, 01:43 PM
Very well said Chip.
Too bad he won't get it..

How do you explain big fella was not banned?

05-23-2014, 01:50 PM
It's a mystery Bobbys.

Durnik
05-23-2014, 01:53 PM
Chip;

He recognizes it. As with all bullies, it's intentional.

The _only_ question is "why does Scot allow, nay, encourage it?".

Find the answer to that, bobbys, & you'll have your answer.

enjoy
bobby

bobbys
05-23-2014, 01:59 PM
Chip;

enjoy
bobby.
The only "truth" is he was not booted while others were, that's all one can go by in this forum world.

seanz
05-23-2014, 04:32 PM

A unwritten bilge rule is to jump right into the fray.

As much as I hate to take your side, you are perfectly correct on this.

Care to explain that?

bobbys
05-23-2014, 04:56 PM
Care to explain that?.

It's a American/Australian thing.

Course to be fair Mel Gibson is one of my fav actors..

He kicked azz in the road warrior.

seanz
05-23-2014, 04:57 PM
Why the hate?

purri
05-23-2014, 05:15 PM
Margaret Thatcher Syndrome,

Gee.

I wonder why that is?

bobbys
05-23-2014, 05:16 PM
Why the hate?

Why all the bad attempts at distracting?

PeterSibley
05-23-2014, 05:19 PM
Chip;

enjoy
bobby

The ultimate WBF mystery.

Glen Longino
05-23-2014, 05:30 PM
The only "truth" is he was not booted while others were, that's all one can go by in this forum world.

No, it is Not!

Paul Pless
05-23-2014, 05:35 PM
The ultimate WBF mystery.well maybe, some may consider it a bigger mystery that a bunch of middle aged and older white men could act like a bunch of prattling women over such non issues for so long. . .

seanz
05-23-2014, 05:42 PM

Why all the bad attempts at distracting?

Yeah, why those too?

PeterSibley
05-23-2014, 05:42 PM
I'm not that concerned, I've discovered the pleasures of the IGNORE setting.

seanz
05-23-2014, 05:44 PM
Paul, you may like to reconsider that sentiment while you still have breath in you to prattle with........some of the females here may take exception to it.

Tom Montgomery
05-23-2014, 05:45 PM
well maybe, some may consider it a bigger mystery that a bunch of middle aged and older white men could act like a bunch of prattling women over such non issues for so long. . .

+1 Y>

Chip-skiff
05-23-2014, 05:51 PM
And when Bigfella took over the Pub in Left's "absence" it was his stated aim that he " would bring civility and harmony to the Pub" one way or another.

He actually said he was taking over the Pub? Amazing.

To "bring civility and harmony" precisely in the way that Cromwell invaded Ireland.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b8/Massacre_at_Drogheda.jpeg

The dead are invariably civil, until they begin to stink. . .

S.V. Airlie
05-23-2014, 06:08 PM
http://www.girlscoutssoaz.org/files/6013/8308/8139/old_women.jpg

05-23-2014, 06:10 PM
well maybe, some may consider it a bigger mystery that a bunch of middle aged and older white men could act like a bunch of prattling women over such non issues for so long. . .

Fart*

PeterSibley
05-23-2014, 06:14 PM
Fart*

notification of a licencing infringement.;)

Paul Pless
05-23-2014, 06:15 PM
Fart*this is not a contest that you will win :D

skuthorp
05-23-2014, 06:22 PM
this is not a contest that you will win :D
More chilli! Quick, more chilli!:arg

bobbys
05-23-2014, 06:26 PM

I never turn my back on a bully. I think they are the scum of the earth. Always have, always will. I've been able, due to my physical presence, stop many bullying attacks "in real life" - on trains, at school even. I have a child, who I hope up on some of that and who, for his work in the same area was nominated for "Australian of the Year" for his work on that issue. There's a swag of folks on here, however, who are nothing but bullies.

. Well said ., fact is attacks were made, however if one was in the"right" group the attacks were overlooked, I NEVER started anything there..
In fact the attackers cAnnot even understand this having backup from fellow members..

So we had a "pub" for everyone as long as one was in the click.

I defended myself and every post was removed from the bartenders who whined to management while they kept up all the ones attacking me..

Now the same people deny it..
They dished it out ok and had a great old time bashing me but when you took them to task they took their ball and ran away..
Bullies!?

Internet bully's.

Chip-skiff
05-23-2014, 06:37 PM
I defended myself and every post was removed from the bartenders who whined to management while they kept up all the ones attacking me.

As I recall, you popped in and immediately started attacking the people there and complaining about how unfairly you've been treated. Instead of enjoying a bit of easy chat, and settling in, you were doing what you've a tendency to do, which is to try to make the thread about yourself and your sufferings.

Sky Blue
05-23-2014, 06:40 PM
The whole thing is an embarrassment. Somebody misbehaves, for whatever real or imagined provocation, and rather than accept it for what it is, the banned party's "friends" go into freakout mode and whine, cry, levy personal insults and attacks, threaten sanction and moan to and about Scot, insulting him and our host and otherwise filling the board for days with nonsense, drivel and teenage drama.

If one allows oneself to be provoked sufficient to cause behavior resulting in a ban or other sanction, especially after being warned or otherwise receiving "notice", well, that's just dumb.

S.V. Airlie
05-23-2014, 06:43 PM
The whole thing is an embarrassment. Somebody misbehaves, for whatever real or imagined provocation, and rather than accept it for what it is, the banned party's "friends" go into freakout mode and whine, cry, levy personal insults and attacks, threaten sanction and moan to and about Scot, insulting him and our host and otherwise filling the board for days with nonsense, drivel and teenage drama.

If one allows oneself to be provoked sufficient to cause behavior resulting in a ban or other sanction, especially after being warned or otherwise receiving "notice", well, that's just dumb.Agreed!

05-23-2014, 06:44 PM
this is not a contest that you will win :D

I'm bettin you crap your pants first.

Chip-skiff
05-23-2014, 06:44 PM

If you review my posts, you'll find nothing embarrasing, let alone any insults, attacks, cheap dramas, etc. Which come to think of it, pretty much sums up your present contribution.

bobbys
05-23-2014, 06:45 PM
As I recall, you popped in and immediately started attacking the people there and complaining about how unfairly you've been treated. Instead of enjoying a bit of easy chat, and settling in, you were doing what you've a tendency to do, which is to try to make the thread about yourself and your complaints..

You recall wrong, as I said Fred attacked me and I defended myself then I had all his friends jump me..

attacking me was "easy chat"..

To bad the people in charge said nothing to him..

Maybe you missed the truth being a noble cowboy and all.

05-23-2014, 06:48 PM
I'm a friend of Fred's and I don't remember attacking you.

Tom Montgomery
05-23-2014, 06:49 PM
Many of you need to step away from your computers and take a walk around your neighborhood.

bobbys
05-23-2014, 06:54 PM
I'm a friend of Fred's and I don't remember attacking you..

None of his friends saw anything..

bobbys
05-23-2014, 06:56 PM
Many of you need to step away from your computers and take a walk around your neighborhood.
I don't mind, I don't care how many pants on fire people there are here, they only dig Them selfs deeper.

05-23-2014, 06:57 PM
Yeah, but you forget, I know It All.

Chris Coose
05-23-2014, 06:59 PM

, as I said .......

Over and over and over.................

bobbys
05-23-2014, 07:04 PM
Over and over and over..................

Same crowd as was in the pub...."

bobbys
05-23-2014, 07:05 PM
Yeah, but you forget, I know It All..

But yet YOU knew every post I had there was removed but said nothing..
bet you had a big laugh as well huh?

05-23-2014, 07:07 PM
Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after you.

bobbys
05-23-2014, 07:27 PM
Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after you..

Some day someone will unjustly attack you and your karma will come into play. perhaps that day no one will speak up, heck maybe even in a "pub".

Durnik
05-23-2014, 07:29 PM
http://forum.woodenboat.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Domesticated_Mr. Know It All http://forum.woodenboat.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?p=4169230#post4169230)

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after you.

Wow! He really _does_ Know It All! ;-)

well _someone_ had to lighten this damn thread up! ;-)

bobbys, I didn't catch the bilge incident you speak of, but I have seen you like to cry "They're picking on me". So, & I quote -

I believe it sez no whining.

Cowboy up partner! (http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?177687-Censorship-and-Punishment&p=4168717#post4168717)

enjoy
bobby

seanz
05-23-2014, 07:37 PM

Some day someone will unjustly attack you and your karma will come into play. perhaps that day no one will speak up, heck maybe even in a "pub".

Truly horrible.

You're descent to the depths has been very rapid.

Paul Pless
05-23-2014, 07:44 PM
Truly horrible.

You're descent to the depths has been very vapid.ftfy

bobbys
05-23-2014, 07:44 PM
Truly horrible.

You're descent to the depths has been very rapid..

You. Seem obsessed with me, just like the people that went after me in the pub,

bobbys
05-23-2014, 07:46 PM
Wow! He really _does_ Know It All! ;-)

well _someone_ had to lighten this damn thread up! ;-)

bobbys, I didn't catch the bilge incident you speak of, but I have seen you like to cry "They're picking on me". So, & I quote -

enjoy
bobby.

But you never noticed him calling me paranoid but had time to try and find something.

LOL

seanz
05-23-2014, 07:46 PM
That shot at Kevin was low, really. You should apologize.

seanz
05-23-2014, 07:48 PM

You. Seem obsessed with me, just like the people that went after me in the pub,

I can put you on ignore if you'd like.

bobbys
05-23-2014, 07:57 PM
I can put you on ignore if you'd like..

O I dunno you might ponder why your following me around with snippy comments, maybe reflect a bit..
Or maybe keep digging for a crumb.

Durnik
05-23-2014, 08:01 PM

But you never noticed him calling me paranoid but had time to try and find something.

LOL

still whining..

I guess you really _don't_ pay attention - your quote was from the previous page of this thread!

enjoy
bobby

bobbys
05-23-2014, 08:06 PM
still whining..

I guess you really _don't_ pay attention - your quote was from the previous page of this thread!

enjoy
bobby

maybe you never noticed the management hates whining.

Its written right there.

pretty simple, don't go there.

course the pub was filled with button pushers.
brave men all.....

The Bigfella
05-23-2014, 08:14 PM
They ain't gunna see what they ain't gunna see.

Descended from the witch burners at Salem, perhaps?

bobbys
05-23-2014, 08:18 PM

Descended from the witch burners at Salem, perhaps?

You might notice the same people backing each other up .

Durnik
05-23-2014, 08:18 PM

Funny you should now come along with a (horribly mangled) quote which applies to yourself & bobbys so perfectly!

maybe you never noticed the management hates whining.

Umm, that's you who are whining.. & you who don't seem to notice..

enjoy
bobby

bobbys
05-23-2014, 08:22 PM
Funny you should now come along with a (horribly mangled) quote which applies to yourself & bobbys so perfectly!

enjoy
bobby.
One thing I found odd reading in the pub was all the times Ian came in with a nice hello and was met with icy silence or snippy comments..

Some sort of weird A mish shunning or something

The Bigfella
05-23-2014, 08:24 PM
Hey Scot.... can we have a sticky for this one?

S.V. Airlie
05-23-2014, 08:26 PM
Can we delete this one!

seanz
05-23-2014, 08:28 PM

O I dunno you might ponder why your following me around with snippy comments, maybe reflect a bit..
Or maybe keep digging for a crumb.

Make up your mind.

05-23-2014, 08:33 PM

You can bet I won't cry about it half as much as you do.
I honestly feel bad that you had a bad experience at The Pub but I had nothing to do with that.
If I had been there, I would done what I always do and tried to play the peacemaker.
We had very little trouble in The PUB for 7 years.
If you can't get along with those good people, I have doubts about your ability to get along with anyone.
Peace be with you.

Durnik
05-23-2014, 08:37 PM
Some sort of weird A mish shunning or something

Something. Try "we know our man"..

enjoy
bobby

George Jung
05-23-2014, 08:38 PM
One 'truth' few would disagree with, from Peters diatribe - lots of things get said here that a sense of self-preservation might induce 'second thoughts', in person. This media also limits 'feedback' - how you intended a soundbite to be perceived, as opposed to how it's actually received. Leads to lots of misunderstandings and hard feelings.

bobbys
05-23-2014, 08:40 PM
You can bet I won't cry about it half as much as you do.
I honestly feel bad that you had a bad experience at The Pub but I had nothing to do with that.
If I had been there, I would done what I always do and tried to play the peacemaker.
We had very little trouble in The PUB for 7 years.
If you can't get along with those good people, I have doubts about your ability to get along with anyone.
Peace be with you..

How good could they have been to start up with me when I said nothing.

how good could they have been to pile on me for defending myself.

how good could they have been for crying to the boss having all my posts removed but delighting that their nasty ones were left up..

how good can they be now denying it now.

S.V. Airlie
05-23-2014, 08:50 PM
Just wow! Scots gonna need a fish net to haul you all in.

The Bigfella
05-23-2014, 08:53 PM
I get the feeling that Scot's perfectly happy to let the baying pack display itself in all its glory for a while longer yet.

Chip-skiff
05-23-2014, 08:53 PM
Can we delete this one!

It seems to be devolving pretty rapidly. The usual suspects with the usual problems.

Larks
05-23-2014, 09:51 PM
. fact is attacks were made, however if one was in the"right" group the attacks were overlooked..... and those attacked often blamed for being the cause, simply because of their unwillingness to turn the other cheek or let it slide.

Sadly very true, it's all too easy to side with the popular bully, particularly when you can remain anonymous on an internet forum

The Bigfella
05-23-2014, 10:55 PM
This is worth posting here as well, just in case...

What? Without the reply? Very shifty.

The Bigfella
05-23-2014, 10:58 PM
Do let me know where you set up the soapbox next, please. Three times is getting a bit Leftyish (and yeah.... I know it wasn't you for the third time... over in the Quotes thread)

Thank you for your input Duncan. Welcome, as always.

.... but seriously, what's this "free Lefty" stuff? I take it you didn't read his triple-forum interwebs-sui-note? He wasn't incarcerated, he self-immolated, presumably for having failed to achieve whatever his aims may have been. The way he did it was disgusting.

A point of order though.... your chapel analogy.... if the regular order of sermon in that chapel was the slandering of an individual... would you not see it as being in that individual's best interests to change the order of service somewhat? I used to pop through the Pub from time to time, without comment... and there'd be regular snide commentary on whatever I'd been posting on, in say, one of my travel threads. Time after time. Part of the "say it often enough, it becomes true" style of thing. If you've followed a couple of these threads, you'll see there's a few of the wiser old owls in here who've noticed it. There's others, those who share an IQ, who will still jump up and down and repeat the old furphies... but they become apparent pretty quickly.

.... and as for you and I... we both know the issue that tore the fabric there. Refugees. I'll run through it one more time for you... over the last three years, I've been in three refugee camps, been investigated by the police as a suspected people smuggler (whilst gathering information), seen the evidence, spoken to many dozens of refugees - including two key leaders of a Revolution... and a few current rebel army members, etc, etc.... and I know 100% that you and I will never agree on the refugee issue. I also know that my view on it is well informed. Any day you want to have a face-to-face discussion on the issue of refugees, you just let me know.

S.V. Airlie
05-23-2014, 11:01 PM
Heck, I want pistols at twenty paces. Maybe both can aim.

bobbys
05-23-2014, 11:02 PM
..... and those attacked often blamed for being the cause, simply because of their unwillingness to turn the other cheek or let it slide.

Sadly very true, it's all too easy to side with the popular bully, particularly when you can remain anonymous on an internet forum.

It was not to much about a attack as one can get attacked every day here.

It was more about me respecting the pub and NOT bringing anything there.

I was attacked from out of the blue and defended myself then I was piled on.

Then myposts were removed.

Somehow I became the bad guy .

They did not respect thier own thread..

Which tells you all you need to know..

The fact is if I never read the attack post no one would have said a word against it.

One should not have to monitor threads where it's all about a good time...
They broke thier own trust.

The Bigfella
05-23-2014, 11:06 PM

It was not to much about a attack as one can get attacked every day here.

It was more about me respecting the pub and NOT bringing anything there.

I was attacked from out of the blue and defended myself then I was piled on.

Then myposts were removed.

Somehow I became the bad guy .

They did not respect thier own thread..

Which tells you all you need to know..

The fact is if I never read the attack post no one would have said a word against it.

One should not have to monitor threads where it's all about a good time...
They broke thier own trust.

Precisely. Be it with words, the choice of songs and so on. Went as far as voodoo dolls at one stage too. Just some weak-willied interweb bullies having their little giggle.

Curtism
05-23-2014, 11:32 PM
How about some links to the referenced post(s), Boys.

Oh wait, those posts are gone eh?

Way to go.

purri
05-23-2014, 11:33 PM
Voodoo?

Now, I've heard that refrain somewhere before. Rodgers and Hammerstein anyone or was it Mel Brooks?

" You do that voodoo to me, something that even mystifies me..."

Anyone got a u tube?

Curtism
05-23-2014, 11:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dl2L4v6ecM

Durnik
05-24-2014, 12:03 AM
The Mighty Pippin Mirror 30141
Looe Dragon KA93

Simple, a lot would miss you, Micky for sure! Ignore - _really_ ignore - those who can only agitate. Me, I practice laughing. It works.

peace
bobby

changeng
05-24-2014, 12:08 AM
Good grief ...You are kidding!! |:( That is really creepy.

This is getting way out of hand.

A thing to remember is that we dont really know who is behind an internet persona except for those we actually know in real life.

The "people" we talk to could be anywhere or anyone. Murderers, sex offenders, the mentally ill..
It doesnt really matter of course until one feels something amiss with the mind behind the posts.

All one can do is put that person on ignore and hope they will go away, block emails etc.

The reason why you should not delete your posts is that it destroys the pleasure that many normal and innocent people have had from them. This goes to the heart of this particular thread.

So hang around please and keep away from the harmers.

I think Wolfman should lock this thread.:(

seanz
05-24-2014, 12:49 AM
Geezuz wept! Allison's just emailed me with more lies about what I supposedly posted and then deleted and Ian can't accept why I don't like him any more and thinks it's something different. He must be a bloody mind reader.
Both of you leave me alone... Please!

Scot! Someone! Give me a reason - one good reason - why I shouldn't delete every thread of mine and never return.

Cause you're a nice bloke and I like your threads.

Good enough?

And I will get little stickers for the tops of your chess set when we play a game or two.

The Bigfella
05-24-2014, 01:31 AM
Geezuz wept! Allison's just emailed me with more lies about what I supposedly posted and then deleted and Ian can't accept why I don't like him any more and thinks it's something different. He must be a bloody mind reader.
Both of you leave me alone... Please!

Scot! Someone! Give me a reason - one good reason - why I shouldn't delete every thread of mine and never return.

Good dog... is she still stalking us?

... and Dunc... you can dislike me for whatever reason you choose. Feel free.

In case you hadn't noticed.... I've not posted to your threads, stalked you... or whatever other fancies you or anyone might have. I've responded to your (in my opinion) biased and misguided post. Nothing more. Nothing less. I gave the same answer to it both times you posted it... and the other place where it was quoted. Why you'd get your knickers in a knot when someone answers a diatribe like that is beyond me?

Now take a chill pill and go back to enjoying life with me on ignore, if that's what it takes to make your life complete.

Larks
05-24-2014, 01:43 AM
This is worth posting here as well, just in case...

not particularly cool Duncan. It's one thing to express your dislike of Ian to Ian, it's quite another to duplicate it in multiple threads, it appears as if you are just seeking an audience....it's readily apparent that Ian would and did see it the first time.

anyway, now I remember why I've been staying topsides.....I thought I'd pop down for a few hours to see where everyone has gone, but there really is far too much fetid air down here for anyone's health.

The Bigfella
05-24-2014, 02:55 AM
Dunc... I don't know if you'll read this or not. I agree with you. The atmosphere here at present is toxic. I have a feeling that Scot probably agrees... but I know felt that unless a blowtorch got applied to the place, it would just fester.

Give it time.

After all.... sometimes its best to just grin and bear it

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff112/igatenby/Laos%202014/039_zpsd632d3bc.jpg (http://s240.photobucket.com/user/igatenby/media/Laos%202014/039_zpsd632d3bc.jpg.html)

Larks
05-24-2014, 06:23 AM
I'm sorry if I've come across all huffy Greg, but right now I feel like I have toxic to the left of me and toxic to the right. That sucks and sucks hard

I wanted to ensure that Ian got it. It appears he has.

My approach is now to ignore and walk away. I find the whole atmosphere here deeply depressing right now.

All the more reason not to be adding to it.

Bob Adams
05-24-2014, 06:24 AM
Life isn't fair. Sometimes the forum doesn't seem fair. I lost 50 posts and got a rude warning when doing the Fukushima 2 step with Tilty. Offense? Posting a broken record representing Full Tilt. At that time I realized it is not my forum and if I want to stay here I need to not upset the moderator.

bob winter
05-24-2014, 07:11 AM
I wonder how long the tilted one is banned for? Certainly an aggressive sort if I ever saw one and very protective of Toronto.

Peerie Maa
05-24-2014, 08:47 AM
I wonder how long the tilted one is banned for? Certainly an aggressive sort if I ever saw one and very protective of Toronto.

Someone reported it was a life ban.

Paul Pless
05-24-2014, 08:51 AM
I'm sorry if I've come across all huffy Greg, but right now I feel like I have toxic to the left of me and toxic to the right. That sucks and sucks hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8StG4fFWHqg

Chip-skiff
05-24-2014, 12:25 PM
While I didn't intend this thread to get quite so wild and woolly, I have learned more about what happened, and also what various people think about it.

I also noted several requests to lock or delete the thread, but figured it would run out of steam on its own. I'll check it in about 4 hours and if the slings and arrows are still flying, I'll lock (not delete) it.

Any objections?

Glen Longino
05-24-2014, 12:59 PM
While I didn't intend this thread to get quite so wild and woolly, I have learned more about what happened, and also what various people think about it.

I also noted several requests to lock or delete the thread, but figured it would run out of steam on its own. I'll check it in about 4 hours and if the slings and arrows are still flying, I'll lock (not delete) it.

Any objections?

No objections here.
If somebody wants to continue the subject, he can start his own thread!

bobbys
05-24-2014, 01:36 PM

Any objections?.

Translation.
When it does not go the way we would like it to go it's time for our friends to call in and plead the OP to lock it.

Tom Montgomery
05-24-2014, 02:04 PM
This thread really requires a theme song.

Here is my suggestion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_1-SsnebFk

The Bigfella
05-24-2014, 05:40 PM

Translation.
When it does not go the way we would like it to go it's time for our friends to call in and plead the OP to lock it.

Bingo, its that subtle thing again

Chip-skiff
05-24-2014, 06:19 PM
Please take your discussion elsewhere.