PDA

View Full Version : O great and powerful brotm

Bob Adams
05-21-2014, 12:11 PM
A great and history rich establishment has fallen during your watch. What do you intend to do about it? Anxiously awaiting your words of wisdom, O Mighty Rat.

switters
05-21-2014, 12:13 PM
Where was BROT when he found out and when did he find out?

Should he have seen this coming and if so could he have prevented it?

Paul Pless
05-21-2014, 12:19 PM
too funny fred

Curtism
05-21-2014, 12:21 PM
That is funny . . . At least until the BROTM steps in and claims it was all retaliation for a you tube video.

TomF
05-21-2014, 01:23 PM
This is gonna take some thought. Watch this space.

TomF
05-21-2014, 03:34 PM
Pubghazi is a tragedy of Bilgerific proportions.

A hallowed institution is no more, and the inherent Leftiness of the whole Bilge - it's very Sinister nature - has been affected. We will no longer list quite so hard to Port ... In years to come you will remember what you were doing this day. The day the Pub light winked out, and the Publican's with it.

Should we have seen it coming? We did. My advisors and I have been aware for some time that Pubghazi tensions were building - personalities groaning under the weight of feminist butterflies, of motorbike selfies and pederastic insinuations. Maybe even of too broad a range of musical and gustatory tastes. We have all observed the periodic decline and resurrection of the Pub ... the Bilge-within-a-Bilge ... and may now wonder what this death says of us. To us.

Dad always said that if you can't be a Poster Child, you can still be an Awful Warning. And provide meaning to the community through your self-immolation.

We Bilge Rats are the Awful Warning of the WBF, as the Pub was to us. We are the bastard stepchildren, the pierced and tattood gypsy ruffians of the virtual WoodenBoat community - and we exist on sufferance. Subject to the Whimsy of Allah and his designated sub-managers in Maine. The wind can scatter us at any time, and though we may re-group elsewhere, such would never be as it is now, and here. These are days of Gold, though sometimes it takes a tragedy to drive home what we have, who we are, and what we can lose.

Now is what we have; here is where we are. This is what we can lose. It oughta give us pause.

I'm sorry that this happened on my watch, but wouldn't wish it on any other. I'll raise a glass to absent friends, and raise a warning flag against sometimes absent minds. May the Sinister Barkeep find some peace, now that the door's closed for the last time. And in time, may he find his way back to re-kindle his green light, if not the Pub light.

Cheers.

elf
05-21-2014, 03:46 PM
Bravo!

Jimmy W
05-21-2014, 03:48 PM
Nice, Tom, but I don't think the broad range of musical tastes had much to do with it.

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
05-21-2014, 03:52 PM
Well said Tom.

switters
05-21-2014, 03:53 PM
Well played TomF, well played.

Keith Wilson
05-21-2014, 03:57 PM
A most worthy post! Y>Y>

htom
05-21-2014, 04:09 PM
I'll raise a glass to absent friends, and raise a warning flag against sometimes absent minds.

Stolen.

Curtism
05-21-2014, 04:19 PM
Wow, the only way that could have been better is if you'd ended something like so:

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Youre-Welcome-Obama-Reaction-Gif.gif