PDA

View Full Version : info on trojan

joel p
10-01-2000, 08:43 PM
i am considering buying a 1968 trojan cruiser[prob sedan type],28 ft,single gas engine, inside wood ok outside looks sound but need refinishing;also bottom must be redone. any comments on this specific type boat or estimate of approx range of worth thanks joel p

joel p
i am considering buying a 1968 trojan cruiser[prob sedan type],28 ft,single gas engine, inside wood ok outside looks sound but need refinishing;also bottom must be redone. any comments on this specific type boat or estimate of approx range of worth thanks joel p

joel p

Andreas Jordahl Rhude
10-02-2000, 08:02 AM
I wouldn't use a Trojan from 1968, don't those things have a shelf-life?

Andreas Jordahl Rhude

Andreas Jordahl Rhude

Bob Adams
10-02-2000, 08:53 PM
Be careful, as I recall, these boats used a diagonal double planked bottom of very thin planks. While plenty strong when in good shape, they had a tendency to rot the inner bottom by fresh water intrusion, leaving the outer bottom looking perfect but very weak. Beware.

Bob Adams
Be careful, as I recall, these boats used a diagonal double planked bottom of very thin planks. While plenty strong when in good shape, they had a tendency to rot the inner bottom by fresh water intrusion, leaving the outer bottom looking perfect but very weak. Beware.

Bob Adams

Shang
10-30-2000, 05:13 PM
Bob's comments sound true, the boat sitting next to mine in the yard is a Trojan, yesterday I went on board...kinda sad, there appears to have been a badly repaired leak around the transom, the rot started in the bilge...when the hull began to go it took the ends of the frames with it. The boat's too far gone to restore (but the Graymarine engine looks clean, and the yard owner tells me that it's in good shape). There's a picture of that Trojan on our web site www.peckofsalt.com (http://www.peckofsalt.com) click on "old boats".

Shang
Bob's comments sound true, the boat sitting next to mine in the yard is a Trojan, yesterday I went on board...kinda sad, there appears to have been a badly repaired leak around the transom, the rot started in the bilge...when the hull began to go it took the ends of the frames with it. The boat's too far gone to restore (but the Graymarine engine looks clean, and the yard owner tells me that it's in good shape). There's a picture of that Trojan on our web site www.peckofsalt.com (http://www.peckofsalt.com) click on "old boats".

Shang