PDA

View Full Version : Gibbs is gonna build a stinkpot

Rich Jones
05-13-2014, 09:22 PM
During the season finale of NCIS, Gibbs inherits a model of a dual-cockpit Chris Craft runabout. At least it looks like a Chris Craft. At the end of the episode, he's seen in his shop unrolling some drafting paper, studying the model and starting to draft the plans.
So, can it be that after building numerous sailboats in his basement, he's now about to go over to the dark side and build a powerboat? We'll have to wait until next season to find out!
I have to admit, though, that even though I'm a devout sailor, I do lust for a nice old mahogany runabout to toddle around in...

Willin'
05-13-2014, 09:26 PM
To my knowledge, he never once finished any of those sailboats whose frames he so earnestly sanded whilst sipping bourbon with beautiful former wives, special agents, partners and co-conspirators.

He just does it to get chicks.

Rich Jones
05-13-2014, 09:57 PM
Actually, one of his boats was featured in an episode. It was involved in a crime. Problem was, while it was in his basement, it was round-bottomed. In the episode, a hard chine boat was shown.

Garret
05-13-2014, 10:13 PM
It'll be fun to see how far he goes with the boat. I was guessing Hacker, but whichever - she'd be a fun boat to have!

So - Willin - it's just the boats that gets him the chicks? From reactions I've seen from women, it might be something more than that.....

Ian McColgin
05-13-2014, 10:15 PM
Lots of fan web sites pour over the boats. There's three or four of them. Apparantly they are not merely props torn down at the end of the season. Something somewhere floats.

CWSmith
05-13-2014, 10:24 PM
How does he get them out of the basement? I've never seen a door.

Duncan Gibbs
05-14-2014, 12:17 AM
I could say something here...

seanz
05-14-2014, 01:19 AM
You could, but Gibbs doesn't say much.

Paul Pless
05-14-2014, 06:40 AM
He just does it to get chicks.does that work???

peb
05-14-2014, 07:00 AM
How does he get them out of the basement? I've never seen a door.

I saw an episode where someone asked him that question once. He replied "you break the bottle"

John Smith
05-14-2014, 08:48 AM
To my knowledge, he never once finished any of those sailboats whose frames he so earnestly sanded whilst sipping bourbon with beautiful former wives, special agents, partners and co-conspirators.

He just does it to get chicks.

Actually, one he finished and gave to Mike Franks. I was part of an episode when three men were murdered on it.

Rich Jones
05-14-2014, 09:06 AM
It'll be fun to see how far he goes with the boat. I was guessing Hacker, but whichever - she'd be a fun boat to have!

So - Willin - it's just the boats that gets him the chicks? From reactions I've seen from women, it might be something more than that..... Actually, I'm living proof that boats do get chicks. Thirty-four years ago, I invited a friend to go sailing. He brought along a neighbor's daughter as a surprise blind date. It was a rough day on Lake Champlain and she got a little green in the face, but she's still with me after all these years.
That boat was a little 17-foot fiberglass daysailer with a cuddy cabin. Once engaged, I sold it to pay off her car loan. Every boat since has been wood, built with my own hands. The smaller ones built in my basement, but with a pre-thought-out exit plan.

Willin'
05-14-2014, 09:55 AM
does that work???

Funny thing, there were two beautifully maintained wooden sailboats in Santa Barbara harbor when I lived there in the late 70s. Each had a stunning hippie chick doing the sanding and painting and a guy with a s#&t eating grin for an owner. I figured those guys knew something I didn't.

I guess whatever they knew never rubbed off on me because the market for stunningly beautiful women that love to do brightwork while wearing a bikini seemed to have dried up just prior to my first wooden boat.

Next, I plan to try being incredibly wealthy to lure chicks.

ccmanuals
05-14-2014, 10:28 AM
During the season finale of NCIS, Gibbs inherits a model of a dual-cockpit Chris Craft runabout. At least it looks like a Chris Craft. At the end of the episode, he's seen in his shop unrolling some drafting paper, studying the model and starting to draft the plans.
So, can it be that after building numerous sailboats in his basement, he's now about to go over to the dark side and build a powerboat? We'll have to wait until next season to find out!
I have to admit, though, that even though I'm a devout sailor, I do lust for a nice old mahogany runabout to toddle around in...

You do realize that this is the Wooden Boat Forum and not the Wooden Sailboat Forum?